• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, new anime season. *checks to see what's airing*

....new season of Working, yes!....wait, new season of Gatchaman Crowds? Interesting.....I guess I'll give Shimoneta a go, I need a good "stupid" anime to watch every once in a while....few more days until Prison School.

Nothing else really sticks out or I'll just read/look at the episode overview for certain shows.

tumblr_nr18isfKya1s024xzo1_540.gif

Bring Ushio and Tora to Toonami.
NOW.

I love Ushio and Tora so much guys, so much. Please tell me the adapted the entire series.

Ok. I made an OT for it for no reason, if anyone cares.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm looking forward to watching this one. It's by the same director as Hajime no Ippo. I know nothing about the manga but it seems like it has potential to get hype as fuck.

It's one of mangaGAF's most recommended shonen series. It's literally one of the best put together series in the genre, I guarantee you guys will love it.

39 episodes tho

I'm worried about that too but only because I want a full adaptation. It sounds like the writer is heavily involved and has been choosing what stuff to cut and what stuff to merge into other parts of the story.

Seriously, Ushio and Tora is amazingly good. We'd be so lucky if we got it. It's the anti-SAO from a writing perspective.

Ok, Soul Eater and Eureka 7 were early in nu-Toonami, and Clone Wars was able to sit in the back of the lineup.

I don't think a 39 episode series constitues a long runner where they'd be afraid to pick it up due to having too many long runners. Especially when we've all discussed them picking up Jojo and thats at 60+ episode show between its two seasons :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's 3/4ths of a year. Sure, its 150% to 300% of some of the shows they run, but its not like they're getting FAIRY TAIL on TOONAMI.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think a 39 episode series constitues a long runner where they'd be afraid to pick it up due to having too many long runners. Especially when we've all discussed them picking up Jojo and thats at 60+ episode show between its two seasons :p

I think they'd pick up another long runner if they knew that it would do really well.

Plus Toonami needs more MANLY 90's-style anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
J-Stars is making me interested in checking out some anime/manga, like Sket Dance, among ones that've been in more crossovers/are sort of the "legacy" franchises.

Plus Toonami needs more MANLY 90's-style anime.
I wish the Fist of the North Star OVA/movie would air. It's great.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm watching the first episode of Ushio and Tora now to see how they did and holy shit, we have got to get this on Toonami. The OP is hardcore as fuck and I've got this huge smile on my face. This is literally the anti-SAO.

We need to start bugging DeMarco so this can happen.

J-Stars is making me interested in checking out some anime/manga, like Sket Dance, among ones that've been in more crossovers/are sort of the "legacy" franchises.

Sket Dance is decent. It's very similar to Gintama, except it's a school setting, a bit more down to earth, is more focused on waifus, and instead of big action arcs every once in a while it has super tragic childhood flashbacks. And not as good, honestly. It also has pretty good OPs. The anime doesn't cover all of the manga, which I believe is still going on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Watching Battlebots really makes me wish we had more fighting robot animu on Toonami.

Gurren Lagann also made me realize that Megas XLR was way too ahead of its time. A tongue-in-cheek parody of giant robot shows.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Watching Battlebots really makes me wish we had more fighting robot animu on Toonami.

Gurren Lagann also made me realize that Megas XLR was way too ahead of its time. A tongue-in-cheek parody of giant robot shows.

Megas was like a decade ahead of it's time. If it came out on Toonami today it'd be Dandy tier and never would have been cancelled. I so pissed we never got to see Coop accidentally put the Glorft on the path of universal domination.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sket Dance is decent. It's very similar to Gintama, except it's a school setting, a bit more down to earth, is more focused on waifus, and instead of big action arcs every once in a while it has super tragic childhood flashbacks. And not as good, honestly. It also has pretty good OPs. The anime doesn't cover all of the manga, which I believe is still going on.
Got it, so read To-Love-Ru instead, especially Darkness!

Megas was like a decade ahead of it's time. If it came out on Toonami today it'd be Dandy tier and never would have been cancelled. I so pissed we never got to see Coop accidentally put the Glorft on the path of universal domination.

But Space Dandy was a failure and we'll never see more of it ever again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, J-Stars has some seriously random/filler battles.

"HEY, so you know the two villains you just fought?! So guess what? Now that you've beaten them, you get to do a fight PLAYING AS ONE VILLAIN FIGHTING THE OTHER TO SEE THAT THEY JOINED FORCES!!"

Like seriously, it feels like such padding. It's also a shame the cameos are basically "Hey, can you do a mission kthxbye".

It's not like the youkai thing was ever really original, even when YYH and Ushio and Tora were doing it a decade before Bleach

Oh man, this is gonna be on par with Seitokai Yakuindomo in terms of "Dirty Jokes: The Anime", isn't it?

It's called A World Without the Concept of Dirty Jokes so yes

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can't decide between this and last season's Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? for most anime anime title of all time

I await the day we get "Anime Was a Mistake It's Nothing But Trash", a 13 episode drama about the horrors of Otaku culture.
It will go over soooo many heads.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've never seen DBZ past the Cell arc

I should probably catch up because Super

It was also a billion times better and more MANLY.

Whoa, man. I wouldn't go that far.

Yeah, you're right.

Oh man, this is gonna be on par with Seitokai Yakuindomo in terms of "Dirty Jokes: The Anime", isn't it?

Even better! >:D

I'd say wait until Toonami reaches the Buu Saga in Kai, but that will be years from now.

bigkrev

Somehow, every DBZ video game I've ever played has never gone past the Cell stuff either.

Considering that it works as a perfect end to the series, I dont even care about what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom