• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Oh right, they said they won't air episode 25. That's a bummer.

I hope I'll have a better impression of Akame this time around with a group. As far as I was concerned, this definitely was filed under "Overrated and unwatchable."

Damn... Sorry, UltraGunner. =/

I hope I'll have a better impression of Akame this time around with a group. As far as I was concerned, this definitely was filed under "Overrated and unwatchable."

Being overrated would require people to actually like Akame ga Kill outside of "I want Esdeath to step on me" and I don't think that's actually possible

I still read it, I used to enjoy it more but calling it good would be a stretch, it's a character meat grinder above Game of Thrones levels but it will probably be hilarious in a group watch. Also I will never get over the official romanized names being so bad. Esdeath is still way worse then Esdese.

I like akame ga kill, its dumb shonen shlock with problems but the manga/anime before filler has fun enough fights, characters, and OW THE EDGE to keep it entertaining

Line_HTX

Being overrated would require people to actually like Akame ga Kill outside of "I want Esdeath to step on me" and I don't think that's actually possible

I still read it, I used to enjoy it more but calling it good would be a stretch, it's a character meat grinder above Game of Thrones levels but it will probably be hilarious in a group watch. Also I will never get over the official romanized names being so bad. Esdeath is still way worse then Esdese.

Okay, see, I did the 3 episode rule, so I never got that far. I stopped paying attention afterwards.

I guess I'll stick around the edgy nonsense and check this Esdeath out, haha.

Grexeno

One Piece tonight.........

K92SP1B.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay, so this one woman, "Midnight", in My Hero Academia....is she basically topless but has no nipples? Like, I can't honestly tell if it's just part of her outfit or she's nippleless because Shonen Jump rules.

From what I've heard, she's wearing super sheer tights. To give off the illusion of nudity.

Okay, so this one woman, "Midnight", in My Hero Academia....is she basically topless but has no nipples? Like, I can't honestly tell if it's just part of her outfit or she's nippleless because Shonen Jump rules.

Just flesh-colored clothes, IIRC. I did find it odd that no one in-series seemed to react to her outfit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I've heard, she's wearing super sheer tights. To give off the illusion of nudity.

Just flesh-colored clothes, IIRC. I did find it odd that no one in-series seemed to react to her outfit.
That's what I figured. It just looked weird because of the outfit she's wearing is black and then the rest of her body was skin-tone & I was looking to see where the clothing begun/ended.

I imagine they'll make clear up the "confusion" should this get animated.....or there's colored artwork made by the mangaka. But yeah, guess since nobody was reacting to it & more to "wait, 18+ show? But this is a high school....", it's skin-tone.

OH SNAP IT'S THE BIRD DUDE'S TIME TO SHINE.

A recent example involved adult video actress Love Saotome, who posed in front of a web journalist wearing the head-mounted display. She eventually began undressing, touched the journalist on his shoulder, and offered him one of Tenga's sex toys. Before things got too steamy, though, Tenga's director, Takashi Matsūra, appeared to inform him that due to mechanical problems, the experiment was over. It was then that the journalist found out, to some dismay, that he hadn't actually been staring at Saotome at all, but at Matsūra! He had gestured and touched the journalist's shoulder to provide the sense of a human presence, and presumably also to troll him.

LOL wow.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Goku's full powered Kaioken leaves Captain Ginyu legit shook, Ryuko and Satsuki take on Ragyo and the original Life Fiber, Michiko seeks out information on a man named Satoshi this time while she leaves Hatchin at her old orphanage, Kirito's harem goes dungeon raiding through Thrymheim, Asuma's team closes in on Hidan and Kakuzu while Kakashi continues Naruto's training, Luffy is stretched to his limits but vows that he won't go down until Rob Lucci is defeated in this epic climax of the Enies Lobby Arc, and finally the 57th Expedition goes completely awry real fast with the arrival of the Female Titan.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 32 - The Star Player Appears! Ginyu vs. Goku!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 33 - Full Power, Goku! Captain Ginyu’s Desperate Attack!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 23 - Imitation Gold
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 5 - The Saudade of Fools, Part 1
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 16 - King of the Giants
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 75 - The Old Monk's Prayer
2:30 - One Piece - 309 - Fists Full of Emotion! Luffy Unleashes Gatling with All His Might!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 17 - Female Titan: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 1

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 33 - Full Power, Goku! Captain Ginyu’s Desperate Attack!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 23 - Imitation Gold
2:30 - One Piece - 309 - Fists Full of Emotion! Luffy Unleashes Gatling with All His Might!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 17 - Female Titan: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 1

okay-its-happening-gif.557860

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On the one hand least it's easy to know "Oh right, this is what happened in this episode of One Piece". But damn if they aren't a bit spoilery.

LOLDSFAN

Speaking of OP, I've gotten to the next OP.

It's just as bad as Crazy Rainbow and apparently it lasts for 47 episodes too so RIP to those who have to watch it week by week.

Raxus

I like akame ga kill, its dumb shonen shlock with problems but the manga/anime before filler has fun enough fights, characters, and OW THE EDGE to keep it entertaining

To be fair when the filler hits (and we will debate about it once we get there) we do skip over the rather controversial OW GA EDGE parts of the manga for better and for worse.

Just watched Naruto: The Last. Spoilers for past where the anime is even in Japan, because that totally makes sense, Studio Pierrot.
There were definite problems: Hanabi being reintroduced solely to be kidnapped, Hinata constantly getting captured and having to lend her special chakra to Naruto instead of being able to do anything on her own, the fact that Hinata didn't tell anyone what she was doing by going with the villain willingly, the fact that Sasuke was hyped up but only appeared for less than a minute, the sheer number of flashbacks, the series suddenly getting to the scale of the Moon being cut in half by the villain, etc. But screw it, I smiled a lot and thought the romance scenes were adorable, and I thought the battle scenes were good.

I should probably start cleaning out my DVR. I still have the Vampire arc of Black Lagoon and both Akira recordings.

EDIT: Speaking of Black Lagoon, Gangsta any good?

Line_HTX

Gangsta has them Tsutchie phat beats from Samurai Champloo.

LOL Terraformars. It's entertaining at least. Despite its GLARING issues I want to see the 2nd season. There's lots of stuff that must be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom