• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

I just got this e-mail from Funimation:

d7JxFqJ.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I see it now.

Prison School: The Musical!
Featuring the Emmy-nominated songs, "Boobs Are Nothing More But Fake Asses" and "Into the Nipple Wonderland".

...& the show-stopping number "Stareing into the Eyes of Medusa"

........& from the producers of Avenue Q.

Featuring the Emmy-nominated songs, "Boobs Are Nothing More But Fake Asses" and "Into the Nipple Wonderland".

...& the show-stopping number "Stareing into the Eyes of Medusa"

........& from the producers of Avenue Q.

personally my favorite section is "An Introductory Lesson to Andreconomics"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might as well use this thread for the rest of the day, then as we get closer to Toonami airing, switch to a new thread.

I fear I'm gonna lose my top 10 spot because of two weeks in a row of my internet either not working halfway through the block or just not working at all.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
I'd probably watch the school spin-off of Attack on Titan. Though it looks like they haven't retained Eren's rage/ enduring hatred of the Titans. I would've loved for his backstory to be the same but him having to deal with the Titans at school. But it looks like they swapped out our angry shonen protagonist for a cheerful competitive shonen protagonist. Annie looks good. Armin looks ridiculous. Levi, as always, looks like he's not being paid enough to be there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm most likely going out of town again with my friend to go see Resurrection F like we did Battle of Gods. Really nice is the fact he works at Celebration Cinema, letting him get discounts such as $1.50 for ANYTHING at the concession stand & such.

He also used his monthly free passes to invite me to see Pixels last night.........we both agreed it was terrible & were glad his passes don't count towards box office sales.

Akame ga Kill will be fun because it will be a good groupwatch not that it's a very well crafted series

Half the reason I read it was because the manga thread was doing the same thing for a while but then it went on break for 3 months and no one gave a shit anymore and it stopped being dumb

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There we go.
Oh god, I read that completely in the tune of the theme song.

Also OMG reading Sket Dance & there's a chapter where they have a crossover with Gintama. And OMG Sugita Tomokazu voices Switch in the Sket Dance anime, now I gotta check it out to hear such a great VA in another humorous role.

Also OMG reading Sket Dance & there's a chapter where they have a crossover with Gintama. And OMG Sugita Tomokazu voices Switch in the Sket Dance anime, now I gotta check it out to hear such a great VA in another humorous role.

I watched the Gintama episode of that yesterday, was pretty good.

Akame ga Kill will be fun because it will be a good groupwatch not that it's a very well crafted series

Half the reason I read it was because the manga thread was doing the same thing for a while but then it went on break for 3 months and no one gave a shit anymore and it stopped being dumb

Its hard for a monthly manga series to keep discussion going regardless of quality simply because of the release schedule. At best you can keep a conversation going for 1-2 weeks and then interest petters until the raws come out or someone new picks it up. Unless a series is controversial and people constantly argue about it on and off I guess.

Moaradin

Akame ga Kill dub will have to be truly awful for it to keep me entertained. It's gimmick got very boring and predictable like 10 episodes in, so I don't know how I'm gonna handle watching it for a second time.

There are actually two crossover episodes: one in Gintama, one in Sket Dance. The Gintama one is better, IMO, but both are fine. They make plenty of VA jokes.

Crocodile

KLK >>>>>> AgK even without factoring that the former has a great dub and the later will probably have a mediocre dub. Better style, better art, better music, better characters, better humor, etc. I can't think of anything AgK does better than KLK except be more edgy and occasionally better fights in terms of structure & planning.

yeah its fun shlock for a little while until you realize it doesn't do anything new or interesting. It's gimmick gets old quickly after that.

Its too bad the anime went into filler land as where the anime diverts is where the manga really picks up in terms of great shonen battles imo.

And I don't need every series to do something new nor did I find its gimmick to ever get stale but different strokes I guess.

KLK >>>>>> AgK even without factoring that the former has a great dub and the later will probably have a mediocre dub. Better style, better art, better music, better characters, better humor, etc. I can't think of anything AgK does better than KLK except be more edgy.

Its got more consistent animation, it never has the outstanding shots like klk has but it never looks done for $5 dollars either

All I know about Akame ga Kill is that it tries to mix shonen action, GRITTINESS, and harem comedy; and that after the point where the anime splits off, the manga introduces a villain team that is ALL RAPISTS, including a clown that is a child rapist.

Order

All I know about Akame ga Kill is that it tries to mix shonen action, GRITTINESS, and harem comedy; and that after the point where the anime splits off, the manga introduces a villain team that is ALL RAPISTS, including a clown that is a child rapist.
Sounds edgy. Is everyone a chain smoker too?

Crocodile

Its too bad the anime went into filler land as where the anime diverts is where the manga really picks up in terms of great shonen battles imo.

And I don't need every series to do something new nor did I find its gimmick to ever get stale but different strokes I guess.

Its got more consistent animation, it never has the outstanding shots like klk has but it never looks done for $5 dollars either

I suppose that's fair and as I edited in later, there are some legit clever fights in the series. Doesn't make up for the other ways in which I think AgK falters compared to KLK.

1370309355238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom