• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
7tSh9XM.jpg
Hot.

TheChits

Luffy took out that chump Bellamy with one punch. lol

They revealed the Gorosei. Shit just got real. It seems Red Hair Shanks and White Beard are really feared.

Luffy and Zoro just sitting there taking all that abuse from Bellamy's crew and the conversation after is one of my favorite moments in the series. Zoro is ride or die and I love it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why. Just why.

The other three shows are:

Is this a Zombie? A modern harem show staring a big breasted vampire ninja, a silent necromancer who writes everything she says (and its not translated) and a magical garment girl. It's probably the second best show.

Tokyo Majin. Looks bad. Has a bad dub with a good cast. Is super boring. It's kinda like the setup of an SMT game. The world's worst SMT game.

Black Blood Brothers: Besides the dub cast being made of regulars from this day and age if you told me this anime was from 1995 I'd believe you in a second. It's a story about vampires getting along with humans but super vampires cocking the whole thing up.

I'm still undecided on whether BBB is better or worse than TM.

Raxus

Ahh, I keep getting them mixed up because of the more recent airing.

Where the fuck is the final episode?! [Tableflips]

It is very likely going to be an OVA so I guess whenever they can get to it :-/

It also kind of puts a nail in the coffin for BBB airing on Toonami.

Production for BBB was a mess. Shirobako warned us!

Ahh, I keep getting them mixed up because of the more recent airing.

Where the fuck is the final episode?! [Tableflips]

The final episode of BBB is not normal TV length so they are having trouble airing it. This isn't unprecedented for a popular show, Girls und Panzer and Madoka both had huge delays.

Madoka was because of the 2011 Earthquake so that is excusable.

Line_HTX

Watch as Titan 2 next year has the same production "value" with cut up parts and weird coloring blocks and incomplete submissions at the deadline. XD

Raxus

Now that Titan has taken off I don't think production issues will be much of a problem as it was in Season 1.

I really hope everything goes smoothly for One Punch Man's production. Easily my most anticipated anime.

They're both shit.

Someone is gonna kill you and your family unless you watch one to completetion which was more interesting/ more dumb shlock entertaining

Because having long episodes and a short length has prevented other shows from airing on toonami

Oh wait Hellsing Ultimate

As long as Toonami and Funi licensed the whole series and ova they'd be fine, just cut the 3:00 pm rerun and push everything back 30 minutes that week

Line_HTX

It would be nice if they had an "After Dark" hour from 4-5 AM Eastern. I propose
Shimoneta
and
Cross Ange

For B-Dubs since everything is shit, which is true to an extent.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It would be nice if they had an "After Dark" hour from 4-5 AM Eastern. I propose
Shimoneta
and
Cross Ange

For B-Dubs since everything is shit, which is true to an extent.

Hey! I don't think everything is shit! I like plenty of shows!

Worth it for the reactions alone. The series is like the return of Deadman Wonderland. Except stretch the WTF'ery to 26ish episodes.

Oh I totally agree. Reactions here would be amazing (though some stuff would have to be censored). I bet my friend into watching it and won and seeing him go through it has been a treat.

Moaradin

I'll probably watch Gangsta dubbed. Seems like a good show for it.

I'm curious to see how hilariously over the top Prison School is.

Raxus

If PSP keeps going the way its going she may have nothing to play soon enough and have no choice but to get a boyfriend.

Looks like I made the right call holding off on gangsta till the simuldub was ready. Guess I'll check out the sky academy series could fill the shlock shonen slot that seraph of the bland filled

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is ninja slayer not good? How does someone fuck that concept up?
At this point, the novelty has kind of warn off & I kind of don't care for characters that have nothing to do with the actual plot....whatever it is right now. At this point, I feel like I'm forcing myself to finish it, which isn't a good sign.

Is ninja slayer not good? How does someone fuck that concept up?

It is certainly not good but it is extremely dumb in a way some people will appreciate. I would be pretty pissed if Toonami picked it up because there are way better shows that have novelty beyond "ninjas taking drugs and uploading their brains to IRC"
The best part of the show is still when Ninja Slayer introduces himself and there's a huge explosion behind him every time

It's like Inferno Cop but 10x longer and the joke was funnier in Inferno Cop, although there is some goofy stuff I like about Ninja Slayer. Really the show being 10 minutes long is way too long for it and I don't care about any of the serious stuff, I want to see dumb Ninjas blow up and yell SAYONARA for 2 minutes every week

Why? What's wrong with Gangsta?

Nothing it's just super middling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone is gonna kill you and your family unless you watch one to completion which was more interesting/ more dumb shlock entertaining

This is extraordinarily tough. I've seen three episodes of both and its a dead heat.

BBB is like a bad anime from 1996. TM is like a bad anime from 2002.

BBB is about Vampires, which nine times out of ten makes for horrible anime. The vampires are just trying to live out their lives as regular joes, but ten years ago super vampires, who are crazy contagious and live to turn/kill people are back. Our main hero is basically an Alucard like old bloodline type, but with a moeblob brother and a budding girlfriend with someone in Vampire/Human relations. The dub is okay, but I'm not kidding when I say it looks like it is from the 90's.

TM is like the beginning of SMT 1 crossed with Persona 1, only terrible. It's boring, it's got a dumb highschool lingo dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom