• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
A hobby shop opened up nearby today close to my house

and it was filled with goobers :|

im hoping the 40k night is a bit better, but it was like I was surrounded by Toonami Q&A Panelists.

But at least I made it on the list of top posters, but I'd like to imagine that I provided the least amount of content possible with those posts

I wouldve possibly passed Gucci and Raxus if last weeks SAO didnt literally cause me to get physically upset. I literally have not felt anger like that since the NFC Championship game, where I was a packer fan.

What is with this series and having creepy dudes trying to rape the female leads?

It's a common trope used in damsel in distress stories, because it's a pretty easy thing to do, I'm generally fine with it, but the fact that they seemed to animate that scene 99% better then all the other scenes in the showmade it way creepier then it shouldve been

Also, is the Kingdom Manga worth reading, idk how much more I can take of shit CGI, is the story better told in the manga

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NO MEANS NO

Are we serious with this shit? And of course Kirito has to come and save her because fuck having a girl save herself.

It's a common trope used in damsel in distress stories, because it's a pretty easy thing to do, I'm generally fine with it, but the fact that they seemed to animate that scene 99% better then all the other scenes in the showmade it way creepier then it shouldve been

That doesn't really make it ok. If you're gonna use rape as a plot device it needs to be for a far better reason than SAO has been using. He could have just been trying to kill her normally and nothing about the scene would have changed plot wise, except it wouldn't have been as creepy.

Jarate

Banned
NO MEANS NO

Are we serious with this shit? And of course Kirito has to come and save her because fuck having a girl save herself.

That doesn't really make it ok. If you're gonna use rape as a plot device it needs to be for a far better reason than SAO has been using. He could have just been trying to kill her normally and nothing about the scene would have changed plot wise, except it wouldn't have been as creepy.

I think the issue is the over reliance of SAO on it, with how little knowledge the author seems to have of actual relationships, and also just with how generally shittily it's done. It can work if done well enough, but SAO is incapable of the simplest tasks, and yet people love it

wLHcmC1.jpg

We're gonna need more guns

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the issue is the over reliance of SAO on it, with how little knowledge the author seems to have of actual relationships, and also just with how generally shittily it's done. It can work if done well enough, but SAO is incapable of the simplest tasks, and yet people love it

wLHcmC1.jpg

We're gonna need more guns

Personally I tend to shy away from rape as a plot device because if you use it then you've got to take that character on an emotional journey of recovery, because you can't just have something like that happen and act like it was no big thing or ignore what happened, and for a lot of stories that's baggage that will just distract from the main plot and it's main themes. Basically I agree, if you're going to do it then do it right. Most people don't tend to do it right, or have no goddamned idea how to do it right, so most people shouldn't use it in the first place.

For real though, I feel dirty as shit after watching that. I need a shower, no I need 12 showers. I cannot believe people like this shit.

Crocodile

EDIT: THAT'S HIS MOTIVATION!?!

Can you explain it to me? Days later and I still don't get it - just came off as dribbling nonsense LOL

What is with this series and having creepy dudes trying to rape the female leads?

Author is a hack fraud.

"Herp derp I need to make this character a villian but don't have the time/skill/will to write an interesting or compelling adversary. I know, I'll just make him a rapist!! I'm a genius derp!"

Jarate

Banned
I think theres a chance for a simuldub being on national TV, but its not gonna premiere on Toonami

Best case scenario is Cartoon Network gets the broadcast rights, and we get the uncensored version on Toonami

But the odds are practically nil

What will most likely happen is either Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, or Netflix will get the rights to the series, Funimation will dub it, and if CN gets it, we'll have to wait a while for any type of localization

Itll be a shame il have to wait on watching the series for so long, but I cant handle grandma goku very much.

Nudull

Banned
I do want to see the new show on US television ASAP, even if it leads to a delay with Japan. Hell, if Cartoon Network can get the rights and go full-on nostalgic with the marketing, we'd be golden.

Sometimes I feel like the only person outside of Japan who doesn't mind Granny Goku

Nozawa's legit. :)

Jarate

Banned
Sometimes I feel like the only person outside of Japan who doesn't mind Granny Goku
I dont really mind granny goku that much, but the dub voices are so ingrained on me, and they actors are just as good, if not better then the original voices, that I just cant do it, its pretty much the only show I cant do it with

King Kai japanese voice also sucks

Nudull

Banned
Decided to read through the Broly GAF reactions while I was watching it again. Hilarious time, wish I was there. Almost make me wish we could've gotten the sequels to witness the awfulness.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG, it's gonna replace SAO2, totally a great early b-day gift.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More like ParaHYPE.

Now that we know what's replacing SAO2, now to see what'll replace AoT.

So is Parasyte SAO's replacement or M&H? I guess there is a possibility its AoT's replacement and we go to a full block of no reruns

Grexeno

So is Parasyte SAO's replacement or M&H? I guess there is a possibility its AoT's replacement and we go to a full block of no reruns
I would put money on SAO's replacement. I would also bet that no new shows will ever premiere at or after 3 again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd argue SAO2 since Sept. is more "Fall"-ish compared to August. Heck, Fall technically starts Sept. 22 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom