• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
M&H ends November 21st. While that's still Fall, it's close to Winter.
It's very likely Parasyte will replace SAO II.

Line_HTX

I... did not like Parasyte. It was not a good show.

That being said, I'm willing to give it a 2nd chance. I mean, I gave Shit la Shit a 2nd chance and now I'm glad I stuck around and still watching, but ONLY because other characters are carrying the show and my interest to prevent me from rage quitting again.

Who knows... maybe a 2nd watch might be what I need.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*adds Parasyte to manga backlog*
What's weird is that in the original manga, the protagonist doesn't wear glasses, but in the anime he does. Odd creative choice.

Crocodile

Parasyte? I thought it started strong but I cooled on it as the show went on. I'm pretty sure I posted about it in a previous Toonami thread.
"Are you the real Shinichi-kun?"

daveo42

Banned
Parasyte? I thought it started strong but I cooled on it as the show went on. I'm pretty sure I posted about it in a previous Toonami thread.
"Are you the real Shinichi-kun?"

Ya, you had a pretty big post about why you didn't like the show the direction it went in. Issues with direction, storytelling, and most of the characters. I can agree that it started strong and kind of slid in terms of quality and the question of how well the source actually aged. I liked it for the most part regardless of its shortcomings.

Not a bad pick up and I'm sure it'll do well enough on the block, though it lacks the action of KLK or Kai, but back fills it with gore.

I found the second half of Parasyte weaker than the first half. It's still a good show and it has enough Bleach-like vibes to appeal to the casual audience.

qGKTCot.png

https://twitter.com/MrSkoringo/status/616617218332192768

Ughhh, I mean it fits the demographic and everything but the adaptation was pretty messy in a lot of ways. It starts out good enough but gets pretty ba-ARE YOU THE REAL SHINICHI-KUN?????

So I guess now I'm going to say M&H will be replaced with Sailor Moon Crystal

I hope not!

It's better than sword art

Woah, high praise!

I can't imagine Sailor Moon Crystal not being #1 on Toonami's big board of shows to obtain

But it's Toei and it's poop! I don't even care about Sailor Moon and I don't like it! In fact does anyone like it? It feels like most people just forgot it exist, how it's getting a s2 is beyond me.

They will probably get it

Line_HTX

How's the original Sailor Moon redub coming along? Will it come back to Toonami like the early days?

I understand that Steph Sheh is Usagi. At least it can't be more annoying than Yui and Nui, right? Maybe Orihime levels? :p

Crocodile

But it's Toei and it's poop! I don't even care about Sailor Moon and I don't like it! In fact does anyone like it? It feels like most people just forgot it exist, how it's getting a s2 is beyond me.

They will probably get it

The name alone will get casual and nostalgic viewers. But yeah, how did Toei fuck up Sailor Moon of all shows - the reaction from Western anime fans as far as I can tell is ice cold :/

No one knows whats up with Hunter x Hunter, someone owns the dubbing rights but no one knows who so it's not one of the major dubbing companies.

Grexeno

No one knows whats up with Hunter x Hunter, someone owns the dubbing rights but no one knows who so it's not one of the major dubbing companies.
There's little reason to believe any of the major dubbing companies could be outbid by anyone short of like Netflix. I think one of them has it and is being assholes about it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There's little reason to believe any of the major dubbing companies could be outbid by anyone short of like Netflix. I think one of them has it and is being assholes about it.

Unless some rich asshole just bought the rights so that we can never get it.

Line_HTX

The monster harem show will probably get a dub before HxH.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Maybe that's why every convention has that Funimation Peep Show. O////O

Their after dark licenses do better than the normal shows haha.

Odds are that Monster Girl will definitely dubbed the fastest.

LOLDSFAN

Parasyte seems to have critical acclaim on the review sites. Can't always go by that though since AoT is horrible and also has critical acclaim. Guess I'll find out when I watch it.

Parasyte seems to have critical acclaim on the review sites. Can't always go by that though since AoT is horrible and also has critical acclaim. Guess I'll find out when I watch it.

Parasyte is definitely the kind of show that would be super popular here in the Western fandom. I'm sure it blew a lot of middle schooler's minds!

they are dubbing it. It's being released in October.

Sweet, I liked Black Bullet even if it was dumb action shlock

*adds Parasyte to manga backlog*
What's weird is that in the original manga, the protagonist doesn't wear glasses, but in the anime he does. Odd creative choice.

Anime spoilers
he quickly loses the glasses in the anime

I feel like Parasyte will probably bomb.

Why? Hellsing Ultimate did very well later in the night and its the closest thing to body horror/action we've seen on the block. What other horror/action anime aired on the block and did poorly?

I can't imagine Sailor Moon Crystal not being #1 on Toonami's big board of shows to obtain

Sailor Moon Crystal is above Dragon Ball Super? :p

Grexeno

Why? Hellsing Ultimate did very well later in the night and its the closest thing to body horror/action we've seen on the block. What other horror/action anime aired on the block and did poorly?
I have always said that Parasyte has basically no action in it at all. It is far more horror/suspense than action/horror. I think it will bore viewers to sleep.

Sailor Moon Crystal is above Dragon Ball Super? :p
Well, Super would be an obvious #1 except that so much about it is unknown. Crystal is far more immediately obtainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom