• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Parasyte news is pretty awesomew, although I think Rage of Bahamut probably wouldve done better then Parasyte, but I havent heard news of a dub of that show

SAO 2 replacement is still considered summer right? Id imagine most people are guessing Jojo

Grexeno

Parasyte news is pretty awesomew, although I think Rage of Bahamut probably wouldve done better then Parasyte, but I havent heard news of a dub of that show

SAO 2 replacement is still considered summer right? Id imagine most people are guessing Jojo
SAO 2 ends in September, which is definitely fall. Parasyte is almost certainly replacing it.

daveo42

Banned

Rage is probably too expensive for Toonami to afford, though I'd be fine with seeing it again. Really surprised me at how good that show was and the level of animation being close to movie-level for a weekly show is a rarity.

Parasyte will do okay to good, even without a ton of action. The draw will be in the level of gore and overall story.

Squalor

Parasyte was great.

And Shingeki no Bahamut turned out to be a surprisingly well-done show. I think the short run allowed for that to happen. The comedy was there. The animation was good throughout. The action was fun and well choreographed. Characters didn't really have development, per se, but they had personality, and that was enough for that kind of show. The plot was the weakest aspect, but it served its purpose for the most part.

Moaradin

Can't wait to see how bad the Parasyte dub is

holy shit Legend of the Galactic Heroes is finally releasing over here o_O

Crocodile

I fucking loved the manga, it was FMA levels of awesome and well put together. Please tell me they adapted the entire series.

The anime starts airing tomorrow. I don't think anyone knows how long it will be or how much material it adapts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
mOjYCZn.gif

Crocodile

I have yet to see Parasyte. On a scale of Attack on Titan to Tenchi Muyo GXP, how hyped should I be?

A scale of "very flawed but has redeeming qualities and obvious hooks that appeal to mainstream viewers" and "an exercise in self-hatred for all who watch it"? Parasyte leans closer to the former. That's kind of narrow scale though :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, Sentai is bringing over Legend of the Galactic Heroes?! COME TO TOONAMI PLEASE!

It'll never happen but GODDAMN would that be amazing.

Parasyte was weird to watch. There were some great, tense moments, but the rest of the time it just felt dull. It also does not help that none of the human characters are particularly interesting. It's not a bad show by any means, but it never elevates itself above average/good.

Also, the ending was lame.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As in too high brow/would bore the shit out of most of the audience? Yeah, probably. It's also pretty damn long.

The good thing about Parasyte being on Toonami is that they can cut the OP to the good part (The last 30 seconds are great, the rest is not good at all lol)

Seda

I believe Schadenfreude is referring to the God Eater anime -specific panel tomorrow on Saturday, and IIRC its being handled by http://www.daisuki.net/.

And I doubt he was being serious

-

There's an Adult Swim thing at Comic Con, and there's a Live Toonami PreFlight, but I dont think there's a 'panel'

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, my dad gave a pill that was suppose to make me feel better ("the side effects are....you'll feel better"), but soon as I got to my grandma's place, all energy was gone & I took about a 1.5 hour nap, waking up at about 9 p.m.

So what did I miss during my trip up & nap? I see Digimon coming to the US, Sentai got Higurashi it seems (so did they rescue the rights or something?), I'm fully aware of Parasyte confirmed this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom