• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

04SHpvQ.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I saw a trailer for it when I went to go see Rifftrax yesterday. I wonder if it'll be similar to that. Also seems like a strong chance we could get that or Battle of Gods to air. Would be amazing as a double feature, but doubt it.

Also hahahaha I can't believe my pun made the cut.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh we're totally getting it in December.

We're not getting the month of movies again.
It's possible we'll get one or two movies, and the rest will be marathons.
Also, they'll probably show Battle of Gods first.

Grexeno

We're not getting the month of movies again.
It's possible we'll get one or two movies, and the rest will be marathons.
Also, they'll probably show Battle of Gods first.
We aren't getting a month of movies, but you still have at least two holiday weekends.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I imagine we might get one or two weeks of movies. & one will probably be another rerun (maybe Akira or some DBZ film). I imagine if we DID get another new movie, it'd be at the beginning of the month, farther away from Xmas.

Raxus

I saw a trailer for it when I went to go see Rifftrax yesterday. I wonder if it'll be similar to that. Also seems like a strong chance we could get that or Battle of Gods to air. Would be amazing as a double feature, but doubt it.

Also hahahaha I can't believe my pun made the cut.

Grats on the title.

Rifftrax was fantastic as well. I was going to post about it here but there was nothing anime related about it sadly.

Grexeno

Yeah, I imagine we might get one or two weeks of movies. & one will probably be another rerun (maybe Akira or some DBZ film). I imagine if we DID get another new movie, it'd be at the beginning of the month, farther away from Xmas.
We won't see any rerun movies.

Grexeno

So the sneak peek is just like "Hey, look at this thing we'll never show you!"?
Basically what I'm thinking is that we will not see a full month of movies for a long time if ever, like DeMarco says. However, we might see "sure thing" movies on key weekends in December.

Jarate

Banned
So Kingdom second season has hardly any CGI and also has a completely different art style

It looks a lot like Naruto now

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JL and JLU both start slow. JL ends great while JLU had a fantastic ending...then they made another season, which don't get me wrong, has a good ending, but not as good as the first one.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nope and that is a fucking travesty.

The full run is on Amazon Prime, but it has the shitty Batman/Superman Adventures intro instead of the GOAT B:TAS intro

Seriously?! That's dumb. Good thing I have the DVDs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Is JLU the best western animated action series of all time?

I mean if you're looking at JUST JLU, and ignoring that it's kind of a continuation of Justice League, maybe. Batman TAS is up there but it's really inconsistent in the beginning.

As far as non-DC shows go, I would say Avatar: The Last Airbender and Samurai Jack are contenders.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
I wish more adaptations used unusual episode counts. Way too often they try to rush or stretch material to fit the cour system when often the quality of a show would be improved by adding/removing X (not necessarily 12 or 13) episodes.

Yeah, I hate it when something needs like 18 episodes roughly and they stretch or compress it to much.

Also, Justice League and JLU were great.

Is it possible the funimation working with toonami on dbz advertising means toonami might have already snagged the rest of kai & possibly dbs (◉ω◉)

BBboy20

You're in SD too?

k2LCSEP.jpg

Mobile -_-

Long story made short: DBZ Party at Whiskey Girl, lost sunglasses and felt bad. Funimation's Justin Rojas walks to bar next to me, talked for a bit. Kind of still felt bad even while buzz. Overhearing Star Wars convo lead to dude revealing him losing phone last con which made me feel a bit better. Encouraged by two awesome dudes to get close to Funi crew and DBZ cast. Justin Cook gives me Sean & Sabat signed poster and three dragon balls. Fist bumped Sabat.

After having such a streak of awesome crashing with one mistake, I feel better.

Raxus

Pretty sure man God pulled that from another thread.

After all Man God is less human and more gif come to life (my theory anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom