• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Eureka Seven aired when they had no money and few options, and Soul Eater isn't much different.

They could pick up Ushio & Tora, but it will have zero name recognition, a non-standard artstyle, and will be longer than any of it's competition for the slot, which means it's a bigger deal if it fails.

Have you even seen Ushio and Tora? This thing feels like it was genetically engineered to be on Toonami.

39 episodes isn't so exceptionally longer then the standard 24-26 episodes that its length shouldn't be a problem. Sentai seems to be pushing hard to get their stuff on Toonami and I'm sure once DeMarco and Gill get some episodes to view as a potential pick up they'll see one and go "we'll take it"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
39 is a rather odd amount. Is it like, 13 episodes per season & there's gonna be 3 of them? But yeah, that's not a high amount compared to other shows. It's not even double the amount of a regular anime season (being around 24-26).

But yeah, now that we know of 2 Sentai shows, I have a feeling now that Aniplex has pretty much offered all that they can, they'll probably become another big player for Toonami along with Funimation & such.

Isn't that what Ushio and Tora is doing as well? 26 episode now, a break, then 13 afterwards?

Yeah. Ushio is 26 - break - 13.
DRRR is 13 - break - 13 - break - 13.

And yes, Ushio and Tora is a perfect fit for Toonami. I don't know what crazy person is funding all these 90s property long adaptations but God bless them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, 13 & 26 episodes for a season is rather common. That, or 12, 24, or 25.

I guess if you separate them, 39 doesn't seem as odd.

Crocodile

I wish more adaptations used unusual episode counts. Way too often they try to rush or stretch material to fit the cour system when often the quality of a show would be improved by adding/removing X (not necessarily 12 or 13) episodes.

39 episodes isn't so exceptionally longer then the standard 24-26 episodes that its length shouldn't be a problem. Sentai seems to be pushing hard to get their stuff on Toonami and I'm sure once DeMarco and Gill get some episodes to view as a potential pick up they'll see one and go "we'll take it"

Sentai picked up Ushio & Tora?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least it can't get worse, right?

It's not gonna get worse.

Right...

...right?

My entire knowledge of SAO2 before watching it on TOONAMI.

1. Kirito gets a very androgynous avatar.
2. It's an American MMO based on GUNS called GUN GALE ONLINE.
3. The other lead was a cyan haired girl with her ass cracked exposed and a sniper rifle.

So I have NO CLUE what's going to happen next.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

3. The other lead was a cyan haired girl with her ass cracked exposed and a sniper rifle.

This doesn't make me feel any better.

Please don't get worse SAOII, please don't get worse.

Puruzi

Banned
The arc where they go back to fairy land is the least bad arc in SAO, it's not good, but there isn't much to hate about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looking through an old childhood box because yard sale & found my old Piccolo figure from when Burger King did DBZ toys. Considering I wasn't into the series as a kid, I'm surprised I still have it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looking through an old childhood box because yard sale & found my old Piccolo figure from when Burger King did DBZ toys. Considering I wasn't into the series as a kid, I'm surprised I still have it.

Too bad it isn't the VHS release of the driving episode instead.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

All I knew is that they were going to World 3: Gunny Gunlands

I can only assume next is World 4 which is probably based on some other popular MMO sub genre.... Space, perhaps? They haven't ripped off Phantasy Star yet, have they? Plus the author is obviously eager to get to his SPACE BATTLESHIPS.

I was basically spoiler free for InuYasha TFA minue one or two odds and ends but I didn't know how just that they did. I thought the ending was amazing story wise but hurt by the rushed pacing of FA.

I agree. I wish it could have been longer and fleshed out =( I never even know the story why the original just stopped.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
All I knew is that they were going to World 3: Gunny Gunlands

I can only assume next is World 4 which is probably based on some other popular MMO sub genre.... Space, perhaps? They haven't ripped off Phantasy Star yet, have they? Plus the author is obviously eager to get to his SPACE BATTLESHIPS.

Reading the SAO Wiki...
The next world seems to be modern as it involves the end of the Cold War the collapse of the Soviet Union. Something about Gods and Japan taking over... it sounds lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom