• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully fewer show suggestions, though!
Oh, but they totally aren't show suggestions, just putting it out there.

It's like come on, who are you fooling?

Besides, I've never put much stock in show suggestions anyways, the guys at AS/Toonami can Google things just as well as anyone else. They know what's current.

I know you guys have been saying FT is the same arc repeated over and over again but is that hyperbole or the truth? What makes me mad is that there's so much wasted potential with this franchise. I want to like it soooo bad because the characters and concept appeal to me but the execution is so botched. SAO I can handle and enjoy because I find it funny, but Fairy Tail is just all around bad from what I have seen. Should I stand by my rage quit or skip ahead to something more recent?

Just watch all of the openings and see for yourself. Current opening, which isn't in the playlist. For bonus points, try to determine which openings are for filler arcs.

EDIT: Oh, opening 8 is hilarious, so at least watch that.

EDIT: It occurs to me that Erza actually does have some variety in wins against non-scrubs. Evergreen, Midnight, and Minerva are beaten in different ways than RESOLVE, and she doesn't actually defeat Kyoka (though she admittedly does RESOLVE in order to fight back against her).

Raxus

It's great we are getting some new blood in this thread.

Quickly let's show them School-Life! and scare them all away.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You guys are just jealous YOUR school life was nothing like School-Life.

Also what's School-Life?

daveo42

Banned
Happy birthday lazybones! Congratulations!

1366928608359.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why does Frieza sound like a man? Where's his old lady voice?
Why does Gohan actually sound like a kid and not a smoker?

Is anyone in here in the boat that they didnt see inuyasha final act all the way until toonami aired it? and bonus points were you able to go into it on toonami spoiler free? as in u had no idea what would happen with anyone and it was an amazing watching experience?

EDIT: for happy birthday to the lazybones (ノ゚ο゚)ノ 

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I went into Final Act spoiler-free & not having seen it........but I still don't care for the series after seeing it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best DBZ Filler in rough order.

Driving Test.
Gohan in High School
Gohan wandering the world with blond hair
Garlic Junior Arc
Snake Way

Is anyone in here in the boat that they didnt see inuyasha final act all the way until toonami aired it? and bonus points were you able to go into it on toonami spoiler free? as in u had no idea what would happen with anyone and it was an amazing watching experience?

EDIT: for happy birthday to the lazybones (ノ゚ο゚)ノ 

I was basically spoiler free for InuYasha TFA minue one or two odds and ends but I didn't know how just that they did. I thought the ending was amazing story wise but hurt by the rushed pacing of FA.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, pretty sad they left it out. That was some of the good filler.

Even with the loss of the driving school bits, some of the Saiyaman stuff and most of snake way, I'm fine with that. A few of the filler arcs were bad, fake Namek being the absolute low point.

Fake Namek is so bad that it was rendered a dream sequence in DBZ Abridged.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fake Namek is an anomaly in that the rest of DBZ filler ranges somewhere between inoffensive and legitimately great. Most of the bad DBZ filler isn't really filler, it's the canon stuff stretched out beyond the breaking point, but Fake Namek is just straight garbage.

daveo42

Banned
when's toonami gonna air sword art online

daveo what happened to your avatar

I was going to kill it, but it was already dead.

Honest though, thinking of making a change, just not sure what route I'll go. Still need to let neoriceisgood that it's available again.

Grexeno

No it's not.
They've aired Eureka Seven and Soul Eater, and those were longer.
Bah! Ninja edit... still, it's not a problem.
Eureka Seven aired when they had no money and few options, and Soul Eater isn't much different.

They could pick up Ushio & Tora, but it will have zero name recognition, a non-standard artstyle, and will be longer than any of it's competition for the slot, which means it's a bigger deal if it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom