• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good lord, Trinity Blood was easily the most boring show they ever showed on Toonami/Adult Swim. Totally on my top 5, maybe even 3 worst shows. I still don't know why I bothered to watch all of it, but even then, I can't remember any of it.

Blood+ was........okay for the most part. Also boring, as I also can't remember much about it after all these years, but it took a while for it to get boring.

Wolf's Rain and Reign the Conqueror were actually more boring than Trinity Blood. Blood + isn't great, but it was really dragged down by being on the same block as TB.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Think there was still a viewer mail episode after this one, and that jewish one that only adultswim aired.

Ah right, the Viewer Mail one.
I saw the banned Jewish episode years ago and don't remember it being that offensive. Then again I am Jewish and have heard much worse (remember Borat?)

Takashi

Ah right, the Viewer Mail one.
I saw the banned Jewish episode years ago and don't remember it being that offensive. Then again I am Jewish and have heard much worse (remember Borat?)

Crazy how back then that was apparently too offensive for Fox to air, yet now it's completely vanilla compared to the stuff present day Family Guy gets away with.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That was back in the era where FOX could actually stand up to Seth.

A better time.
Now it's "I want three shows!"
"One is cancelled and one jumps to another channel. You have one now."
"No I don't! I have two! One of my main writers has a show full of racist Mexican jokes with shitty animation."
"... We're not airing th-"
"YOU'RE AIRING IT!"
"Yes sir..."

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yep. I'm pretty sure it is literally illegal to deny the Holocaust

If I went to Germany and the topic of religion came up during a conversation, the moment I revealed I was Jewish, I'm pretty sure whoever I was talking to would begin apologizing profusely for the holocaust, from what I've heard.

There isn't a country more ashamed or apologetic about its own history than germany is about Nazi Germany.

... that was it? The episode just ended.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
A better time.
"No I don't! I have two! One of my main writers has a show full of racist Mexican jokes with shitty animation."
"YOU'RE AIRING IT!"
"Yes sir..."

A future episode of TV Trash just waiting to happen.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Three chicken tenders.
Taters and gravy.
I'll throw in a biscuit
And a big ole cookie
And shit over colenel sanders's grave!

daveo42

Banned
A better time.
"YOU'RE AIRING IT!"
"Yes sir..."

While you can blame FOX for airing all these terrible shows, I'd lay more blame on the average viewers who constantly tune in for them. You can't deny that this garbage still does well with American viewers and FOX wants to continue making money.

Tonight on Toonami, Goku's arrived and ready to kick some ass, our hero Lady Satsuki takes on the villainous Ryuko once again, Hatchin takes on a job in a restaurant, Kazuto and Shino wrap up the Death Gun case and Shino is introduced to her fellow harem-mates, Naruto gets some waterfall training while Hidan and Kakuzu set their sights on the Fire Temple, Franky and Robin are reunited with the other Straw Hats who were rescued by Kokoro as the utter annihilation of Enies Lobby nears completion, and Eren settles in with his new mates in the Scouts.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 30 - The Nightmare Recoome! Come Out and Play, Vegeta!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 31 - Goku Arrives At Last! Take Down the Ginyu Force!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 21 - Incomplete
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 3 - Like a Frantic Pinball
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 14 - One Little Step
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 73 - Akatsuki's Invasion
2:30 - One Piece - 307 - Cannon Fire Sinks the Island! Franky's Lamentation!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 15 - Special Operations Squad: Eve of the Counterattack, Part 2

just what i was looking forward.

I didnt know its that far behind in SHippuden. I have up to 205 on dvd but am buying the rest monthly. Been playing Storm 3 and its made me want to rewatch Naruto from the start for my 10th time. Such a good story.

ckohler

NSrfZUf.jpg

A little late but just saw the Super Man vs. Batman Trailer.

Yeah it didn't do anything for me. Way too melodramatic for it's own good and the dialogue doesn't seem to be much better than Man of Steel despite Goyer getting the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom