• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

SWERVE: Klein is the Yandere.

OTP

20140401_214033_thumb.jpg

BBboy20

From what I've heard.
There's no killer, or mystery, or trying to save someone. It's literally just people playing the fucking game. What a concept!
......................................................no................No...............................................................FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFASDO8IUV WQ942

Moaradin

.hack//ROOTS is like that for 3/4 of the series. It's very boring.

That's pretty much what Log Horizon is (the actual real world consequences have only been slightly touched on so far) and it's by far the best MMO anime. Proper world building goes a long way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
.hack I felt was always kind of boring.

The original series is captivatingly boring. There's a real ass mystery going on, people have real ass real world problems, the in game stuff is interesting for the most part. It's just slow to unroll.

Meanwhile Roots isn't captivating at all, outside of the music. Even then OG .hack beats it.

I don't know shit about .Hack but I own the first 4 games on PS2 (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine) and they are supposed to be worth a lot of cash or something?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Devil is a Part Timer should be on TOONAMI. Despite having next to no action. It's all front loaded anyways so by the time they realize its a comedy it'll be too late!

Devil is a Part Timer should be on TOONAMI. Despite having next to no action. It's all front loaded anyways so by the time they realize its a comedy it'll be too late!

That's probably the best "Demon King does something the Demon King probably shouldn't be doing" series there is.

There are a lot of them. A LOT.

Seda

Looks like Akame Ga Kill is going to be in the 12:30 slot based on the backdoor schedule in case anybody was curious

SAO would be a million times better if it was just that from the beginning.

Yep for sure

The original series is captivatingly boring. There's a real ass mystery going on, people have real ass real world problems, the in game stuff is interesting for the most part. It's just slow to unroll.

Meanwhile Roots isn't captivating at all, outside of the music. Even then OG .hack beats it.

The other problem is that .hack was designed around the player experiencing all facets of it's world at the same time, games, ovas, anime, and manga. It's a lot to ask someone to invest it to get all the pay off they each set up. I really enjoyed the original .hack multiverse even if each part has issues (games get a bit repetitive and are 1 game too long, anime is slow to start, ovas are hard to follow on their own, manga feels too disconnected from the other series) and would recommend it if someone has the money/patience to go all in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The way I describe it is thus:

Original dot hack: Great anime, great story in the game, fantastic OVAs, mediocre at best gameplay, awful graphics.

GU: Boring as hell anime, OVAs are not much better, okay story in game, good graphics, great gameplay. Still the best faux MMO to play and that's including the SAO games that people
enjoy.

Both main .hack series are prequels though. Well, roots is MOSTLY a prequel. The original OVA series which came with the games are concurrent. .hack//GIFT is an epilogue for the original series. I'm pretty sure GU has one too.

The games are better.
I really wish Bamco and CC2 would make HD remasters of them.
I really enjoyed my playthrough of the first game years ago
Really cool world and I liked the fighting systems in that game.
Great games for sure.

One of my favorite parts was the delapidated part of the world where everything was kinda screwy.

I definitely would buy an HD remasters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The original .hack series is among the ugliest PS2 games made by a major developer. Sub Dreamcast graphics most of the time. It would need quite the HD remake, a mere remaster would not satisfy most.

GU would be fine, and is honestly the more fun game to actually play, though the story isn't as good.

The original .hack series is among the ugliest PS2 games made by a major developer. Sub Dreamcast graphics most of the time. It would need quite the HD remake, a mere remaster would not satisfy most.

GU would be fine, and is honestly the more fun game to actually play, though the story isn't as good.

GU needs an HD remake before the original .hack series because I don't own any GU stuff and I own all of the original .hack series

Soulflarz

Banned
Shit my house power went out

H-how will I enjoy toonami ;_;

Sigh. Gotta catch up on a M&H and OP. I love our groupwatches so I'm not exactly happy here.

Edit: whys toonami skipping ep 25 of KLK?

Seda

Shit my house power went out

H-how will I enjoy toonami ;_;

Sigh. Gotta catch up on a M&H and OP. I love our groupwatches so I'm not exactly happy here.

mobile hotspot + stream on laptop + eat up all your data allotment until your batteries die

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GU needs an HD remake before the original .hack series because I don't own any GU stuff and I own all of the original .hack series

It's more logical for a lot of reasons. It's one fewer game, it's got better gameplay, the entire series had the low print run, it's assets would actually look good uprezzed. It has real ass digital waifus.

The only real BR/DC special that's debatable is Gatchaman Crowds 12th episode DC, and TBH the series was fine without it and you could go into S2 without it.

Puruzi

Banned
The only real BR/DC special that's debatable is Gatchaman Crowds 12th episode DC, and TBH the series was fine without it and you could go into S2 without it.

No you can't.
You would have no idea what happened to Katze and why he's chilling out in Hajime's tits.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To tie this full circle .hack has TWO OVA epilogues! //GIFT is frankly a must see OVA special that ties the original game and anime (but not the OVA) together in a silly way. EPILOGUE is the serious finale to the original story. Kindy fillery, but it is in fact canon.

FUN FACT: The Japanese version of GIFT is on the actual Quarantine disc and not the OVA disc, and requires a completed game save to watch!

No you can't.

The DC cuts the OD Katze fight, and Hajime going on a "date" with Katze afterwards then showing up again with Katze inside her was fine. It didn't NEED to be explained/shown same way Rui becoming a Gatchaman in the end didn't need to be explained/shown and TBH the way their date was shown in the DC was a bit too goofy IMO.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To tie this full circle .hack has TWO OVA epilogues! //GIFT is frankly a must see OVA special that ties the original game and anime (but not the OVA) together in a silly way. EPILOGUE is the serious finale to the original story. Kindy fillery, but it is in fact canon.

FUN FACT: The Japanese version of GIFT was sent out as a bonus DVD to those in Japan with proof of purchase of all four games.

Puruzi

Banned
The DC cuts the OD Katze fight, and Hajime going on a "date" with Katze afterwards then showing up again with Katze inside her was fine. It didn't NEED to be explained/shown same way Rui becoming a Gatchaman in the end didn't need to be explained/shown and TBH the way their date was shown in the DC was a bit too goofy IMO.

Almost everyone who started the second season without seeing the special wondered what the fuck was going on, and were told to watch it. It did need to be explained, because that just happening for literally no reason in the regular version of episode 12 made no sense at all.

Almost everyone who started the second season without seeing the special wondered what the fuck was going on, and were told to watch it. It did need to be explained, because that just happening for literally no reason in the regular version of episode 12 made no sense at all.

The only one I saw people confused about was
when did Rui become a Gatchaman
as
Katze being inside Hajime
was shown in the tv version of 12 just not as directly in your face as it was in the DC. Both the tv version and the dc are fairly disjointed though and ideally the best situation is to view it as an eva 25/26 and EoE situation where either works but ideally you see both.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
According to MAL it's a Special.

It's not, it's just episode 25 (it's even titled as such in-episode). MAL tends to categorize things pretty stupidly a lot of the time. It's just that it happened to not air on television and only appeared on the Blu-ray, but it's still episode 25 of the series.

The only reason that Toonami isn't airing it is because its broadcast rights weren't available when they acquired it (presumably Aniplex wanted it to be an incentive to buy the BD just like in Japan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom