• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fun fact: Takehito Koyasu (Dio) is the voice of Deadpool in the kind of obscure Marvel Disk Wars.

I do hope the new season of Fairy Tail is better produced than the last one.

The second season of Fairy Tail made some...odd changes, the use of colors, shift in art style, that ultimately led to a weaker adaptation. Didn't help that despite having loads of material, it suffered from bad pacing issues.

So all I know about Shazam is that he's a kid in a giant dudes body, and sometimes he hides that fact.

Is there anything else I need to know?

cntr

Banned
He used to be known as Captain Marvel but his comic was titled "Shazam" after his transformation shout because trademark issues with Marvel.

Then everybody Not In The Know ended up calling him Shazam instead of Captain Marvel so after decades of that, they decided to rename him Shazam.

The final season of Fairy Tail is to debut in 2018.

The dream is still alive boys. We can still get it on Toonami.

#TheDream

I haven't kept up with Fairy Tail once the war arc began. Even I have my limits.
It's a stretch, but I hope they can modify the final arc to actually make sense. There are good elements buried in there, like Erza's mother.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tail is the one anime adapted from a manga that I can say without a single reservation that the anime is the superior product.

bigkrev

TFW a mod derails a thread and 80% of the posts are about predicting which year OJ lands himself in jail again.

What is there to even say? He is a cold blooded murderer, spared from a life behind bars due to juror incompetence. Then, we finally manage to get him in prison for 33 years on a completely unrelated charge, and now he's free again? Fuck this.

bigkrev

I am fully willing to admin that as a middle schooler, I would put Hybrid Theory in on my boom box and go through my Magic the Gathering collection.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Linkin Park was one of my go to bands when I was younger so the news about Chester is hitting hard.

zulux21

I am fully willing to admin that as a middle schooler, I would put Hybrid Theory in on my boom box and go through my Magic the Gathering collection.

I am fully willing to admit that there isn't a single linkin park studio album (that wasn't live or a mash up) that I haven't listened fully through at least 10 times (including the newest one).

heck I listened to the song what i've done like 150 times in a row because I was coding a project in school the day it came out and thus just played it on youtube on repeat :p.

Xe4

Banned
I still listen to Hybrid Theory from time to time. It's a good album, try hard edgy stereotypes of it aside.

Crazy day.

Morlas

wow that sucks, i was never much in to their music myself, but they had some pretty dope tracks all the same....and yeah the amv generation owes a lot to them.

Omg, thank you so much for pretty much summarizing most of the issues I have with DB Super & Kai on the podcast. Another issue is that nobody ever seems to outsmart the opponent, which is why stuff like Jojo & HxH is so great. The opponents aren't exactly stronger, but they might have an ability that the main characters can't just power their way through but instead figure a way to work around the power or outsmart them, which is way more interesting.

Its Dragonball, you should know this by now Zonic. at least the gods and angels mix things up now, besides were not even in the thick of Super yet.

Buu is just...yeah...but we did give you an out waaaaaay back when.

ckohler

Just skimming the Comic-Con schedule, here are some Toonami related things:

Thursday
4:00 Viz Panel
6:00 Funimation Panel
8:00 Toonami PreFlight

Friday
6:00 Funimation: My Hero Academia

Saturday
8:00pm Crunchyroll Industry Panel

zulux21

Thursday

Friday

Saturday
given The Reflection's odd late start to the season that happens to be in 2 days and stan lee being involved I imagine that will show up somewhere in there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Thursday

Friday

Saturday
Any word on if the Viz &/or Funimation panels will be streamed or live-blogged? I won't be able to catch the Preflight since I'll be arriving at work by the time it starts.

Seda

So Mumen Rider/Smokey Brown/Goro Akechi is most likely Spider-Man in MvCI.

I think he voices spidermahn in a new cartoon so it would make sense.

I think spidermahn in the video game is yuri lowenthal tho

did you know Neil Patrick Harris voiced spiderman a few times?

Mizerman

I think he voices spidermahn in a new cartoon so it would make sense.

I think spidermahn in the video game is yuri lowenthal tho

did you know Neil Patrick Harris voiced spiderman a few times?

Yep and yep.

Aside from Steven Blum as Wolverine and Fred Tasticore as Hulk, Marvel tends to change voices at a drop of a hat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lol at the fans Viz gave out at their panel:

DFNsUOEUAAAkJdD.jpg:large

Edit: Viz got the rights to the HxH movie, Phantom Rogue.

The second HxH movie at least had somewhat decent choreography if I remember right, and had a 1999 scriptwriter behind it and some gay-shipping. I'll give it that

Why do they list Melody? Is she even in Greed Island?
She is only going to be in the first two episode that'll air before the month is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom