• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sum up page 112:

Naruto
shipper then

(I am so sorry for this)
Just kind of the theme of the month https://twitter.com/tsunderica/status/886434504843304960

Better yet, https://twitter.com/lydiafama/status/856901626631737344
C-RTYd-V0AEpmKm.jpg:large

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Basically a year ago the TV airing of One Punch Man premiered and Toonami got some of its best ratings ever for while.

NiMtxnP.png

Lower ratings are a combination of less people watching TV in general, more people watching anime via streams, and Attack on Titan not being the phenomenon One Punch Man was.

The first season of AOT also got huge ratings.

Remember DBZ+Akame Ga Kill did monster numbers for the first few weeks.

I can't remember who brought it up before, but I remember someone remarking that Prey should have have less combat in it.

6 hours in and I'm inclined to agree. The combat in this game is, so far, entirely transitory, something that the player engages in, deals with, and moves past once done. It's not something to think upon, and more often than not, it's just this clunky unwieldy thing that interrupts your exploration of a somewhat interesting world.

Neoxon

I'm working on getting you guys an English logo for Stardust Crusaders. A Viz Media rep just directed me to someone who may be able to help. Hopefully he/she gets back to me, soon.

Jarate

Banned
I'm working on getting you guys an English logo for Stardust Crusaders. A Viz Media rep just directed me to someone who may be able to help. Hopefully he/she gets back to me, soon.

worse comes to worst, you could probably rip this logo from the English paperback manga release. There's gotta be a high quality scan for a cover somewhere out there

qapDlmP.jpg

Neoxon

I still have the png for the regular JoJo logo that I whipped up, so maybe we can work with that if the Viz rep doesn't reply, soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TRIGUN - EPISODE EIGHT - And Between the Wasteland and Sky...

HOLE LEE SHEET

The steamship is going 88 iles per hour and going over a cliff. What a reference. Vash is having a discussion with the ungrateful and still unnamed kid who he saved last episode. The kid goes into his backstory as Vash gripes about his lousy fate. His dad worked himself to death on the design of this ship. Vash will need his help to stop the ship and has no idea how to do it. They look at the blueprints. Oh the ship is named the Flourish apparently. He copied the prints from his dad's office. Oh we finally learn the kid's name in a flashback with his dad. It's Kite. "Become the type of person who does things for others." I guess he is doing this for B.D.N. and a large amount of money. It's tough for an orphan to survive in a brutal world like this.

IAWO1IY.gif

No time for sentiment (bold words coming from Vash of all people) and they are going to survive.

Part One: It's Tricky

Part Two: He's so happy

Part Three: This episode is 60% montage

Part Four: Neener neener

B.D.N. is having a ball. Vash sends a false location to ambush the Bad Lads, claiming that he caught the blond guy.

He might be overdoing it though.

Seriously overdoing it.

Vash gives Kite a pen transceiver and now he has his own mini Otacon. He's got a codec in his ear. Kite wants to know who he is and where he got all this lost technology from but Vash tells him he wouldn't believe it even if he did tell him.

This isn't good.

Vash immediately starts helping the Bad Lads out. Yes Kite, he has been purposely trying not to kill any of them. Yes, that is crazy.

At all.

That can't be good either. Vash admits it is stupid and sloppy. But he made a promise that if he killed even one person it'd make her sad.

This basically is just MGS.

Maybe Twin Snakes?

It even has tragic backstory!

Montage after montage as the boy leads Vash through the ship. The kid cries about how none of us are truly innocent and Vash tells him to just start over. Kite listens to the Bad Lads communications and leads Vash...right into a trap. Impressive Storm Trooper shooting around Vash as he doesn't dodge and none of them hit him. I guess this was by design? B.D.N. loves his flash. Looks like the Bad Lads are closing in on the kid. Vash is done for as B.D.N. levels his flashy pistol.

What did I tell you, it's MGS!

Meryl has got this. She even has a cool nickname like any MGS character. Derringer Meryl.

Yoink.

With an assist by Stun Gun Milly. Meryl tells Vash that they don't have much time and to not screw around...and the Bad Lads finally learn who their nemesis truly was. B.D.N. loves this even more and challenges Vash to a winner take all duel!

Bang.

They start when the coin hits the deck, though before all that the ship hits the side of the canyon again and rocks fall everywhere.

He's got em.

Are they both down? No, Brilliant Dynamites Neon gets up...and saves Vash's life by shooting down a rock fragment aimed for his head? Vash is bleeding...but not because of anything B.D.N. did, he missed. He respects this style of fighting more than anything and concedes the duel. The steamship is still in trouble though so Kite goes into the boiler to stop the thing. He's the only one who knows how. The crew still want to blame him as it's his fault this happened and they won't accept his help. Kite accepts responsibility. Some men in heat suits get the engine room door open by taking it apart. They try to cut their way through with axes but it's no good. Kite ducks and dives through the scalding pipes to get to the shut off.

o6BOefE.gif

It's too late though, not enough time to stop it. Until the Bad Lads get in front of the Steamship! Kite wakes up. Everyone made it. Neon said he'd stop the ship if he lost, but next time they'll have a fair fight. Kite and Vash (and the black cat) are on top of the steamship and the kid starts singing Rems song. Vash is SHOOK AS SHIT.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
okay toonamiGAF

apparently Hunter x Hunter is leaving Netflix at the end of this month

should I go ahead and watch what I haven't seen on Toonami or just wait

I'd prefer to watch the English dub, but that's not available.

okay toonamiGAF

I mean you could skip ahead if you don't want to wait like two years for the dub to finish.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
okay toonamiGAF

That's totally up to you. Netflix also doesn't have the entire series and stops halfway through a big arc. Crunchyroll has the whole series.

okay toonamiGAF

Netflix only has up to episode 100. Personally, I would recommend watching it on either ViZ or Hulu for some refined subtitles which explain things a bit better. (Although those only have up to ep. 79 I believe)

Morlas

if i lived in san diego i would...or anywhere close to the west coast...looking for room on the west coast so i can go to all the cool shiz

I once heard a man say Turnabout Serenade wasn't that bad of an Ace Attorney case.

Naturally I handled it like an adult by throwing my drink at him, and running away when he started to advance on me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That's totally up to you. Netflix also doesn't have the entire series and stops halfway through a big arc. Crunchyroll has the whole series.

Netflix only has up to episode 100. Personally, I would recommend watching it on either ViZ or Hulu for some refined subtitles which explain things a bit better. (Although those only have up to ep. 79 I believe)

oh well if they don't even have the whole thing I'm not going to bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom