• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

kore ga....DIO nan desu ka!?!?!?

tenor.gif

Moaradin

The first 5 minutes are kinda canon since it adapts that Kurapika backstory chapter, but outside of that it's not worth watching.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what was actually announced at the panel? I had to miss it because work internet was so slow & I didn't have enough data to use my 3G.

I heard something about a last minute thing where they had to delay announcing something & a new Intruder-like event this year?

So what was actually announced at the panel? I had to miss it because work internet was so slow & I didn't have enough data to use my 3G.

I heard something about a last minute thing where they had to delay announcing something & a new Intruder-like event this year?

Not really much of anything at all.
At the end, they showed the full first episode of Stardust Crusaders. So, we got to see it in Blu-ray quality, hear David Vincent the narrator, and
get a load of Matt Mercer as Jojo's Stand.

cntr

Banned
AoT's finale this week, SDC next week, and the beginning of Super's first original arc the week after that.

Gonna be good.

Raxus

Krillin and Piccolo were announced for DBFZ to the surprise of nobody. I really hope the next announcement includes a (former) villain like 17/18 or Dabura. Now I think about it there is alack of antagonists out of Z. More reason to include Super and add Beerus to that list.

Mizerman

Krillin and Piccolo were announced for DBFZ to the surprise of nobody. I really hope the next announcement includes a (former) villain like 17/18 or Dabura. Now I think about it there is alack of antagonists out of Z. More reason to include Super and add Beerus to that list.

I'd be shocked if Beerus wasn't included.

I'd be shocked if Beerus wasn't included.

A dbz fighting game roster basically builds itself to a certain point. It comes down to how many will be available at launch and then you fill in the gap of obvious choices till you get to like 4-6 spots left and then start making hard cuts.

Beerus will for sure be in if they've got Golden Frieza.

From there it's kinda up in the air depending on how many characters, whether they'll include Dragon Ball or GT or the movies, and how they feel about multiple iterations of a single character, because I think outside Beerus, 18 and teen Gohan and probably (unfortunately) Gotenks are the only obvious ones missing at this point. After that it sort of becomes a question of if you throw in characters like Roshi + Tien or more peripheral antagonists like Ginyu + Nappa or characters who'd be really out of place but fun to see (Mr. Satan + Bulma) based on character count.

Seda

I don't really play sonic games, just that Sonic Forces seems to be more of a follow-up to 2006 (and Adventure 1/2) than other recent 3d games. That's just my perception.

I don't really play sonic games, just that Sonic Forces seems to be more of a follow-up to 2006 (and Adventure 1/2) than other recent 3d games. That's just my perception.

Its not, just allot of call back to other games with a darker tone. think more of generations then anything.

Chase17

Infinite (lol) is so ridiculous that I'm kind of good with it. I think they may be self aware with it.

The weird thing to me was the jank (for lack of better term) in that cutscene. It's odd to me that it's the team's first game since generations and it is just pretty much generations with more edge and the mc. Thought there would be something more after a six year wait. Also a little shaky on the vocal music which is usually good goofy.

I think the game will probably turn out solid though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sonic Forces looks like all 3D sonic games to me. Crappy. It will still sell well.

Granted I'm only slightly more fond of what Sonic Mania has presented so far. I'm afraid it will dig too far into Sonic CD territory level design wise.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The fan made Sonic games made in stuff like the Unreal Engine looks miles better than anything Sega has made.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i'm gonna get it....they should do a mario + sonic bundle for the holidays on switch
you'll get a Mario & Sonic at the 2018 Olympics bundle & like it

I'm debating using my $36 in GS credit (+ $10 reward coupon I can get via reward points) towards a Splatoon 2 Pro Controller. I really want one, but part of me wants to wait & see if they do other versions of it, like for Super Mario Odyssey.

Seda

This is obvious but with Sentai the size of the cast is a big factor. They might get lucky in the realm of normal variation and get a few casting decisions right in a show where there are only, say, 5 or less main roles. The larger the cast the less likely this is.

On that note, Hunter X Hunter's dub is pretty solid considering just how many characters there are. With so many, not every individual may be stellar, but overall performance is good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks the ADR Director*

THANK GOD, it's not the same dude who worked on Akame ga Kill & Parasyte, who was Kyle Jones.

Instead, it's John Swasey, who was the ADR Director for Welcome to the NHK (which I need to rewatch one of these days) & Air Gear.

........& he voiced Bols in Akame ga Kill, Dodoria in DBZ Kai, Van Hohenheim in FMA, Crocodile in One Piece, & Gendo in Eva.

Am I the only one here with a really high tolerance when it comes to voice acting?

Like people complain about Akame ga Kill's voice acting, but it didn't bother me at all?

And people even complain about even AoT's dub or JoJo, and I'm just like, it sounds fine to me? At least I can understand it?

Especially JoJo where the humor value of the cheese of the bad accents goes well with the absurd nature of the series itself.

Seda

I thought Parasyte's dub was almost good, but Shinichi never really felt...comfortable. And I'm not talking about me being uncomfortable, the listener, but it actually sounded like it was uncomfortable for the actor to speak. Like he was straining himself with casual dialogue.

Other main characters in the show, especially Migi and the parasyte woman, were good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the only show on the block where the voice acting truly bugged me was Parasyte because they got some decent actors, but the way their lines were delivered were just terrible, i.e. Shinichi is the biggest offender. It still had some decent acting from Migi & that one criminal from near the end.

At least with Akame ga Kill, it was below average, but I could laugh at some of the deliveries ("CUUUTTT WHAAAATTTTTT OOOFFFFFFFFFFF???").

Also, that Gatchaman Crowds dub (at least from that one infamous clip) suffers more from "this voice & tone does NOT match the character" moreso than the actual acting. Same goes for that cat in Log Horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom