• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I found the accents in Jim-Jam to be hilarious. I also love Eren's kid batman with the weird filter titan voice.

If a dub bugs me, I'll let you know. So far on TOONAMI I don't think there's been anything much worse than AGK, which has a lot of people sounding rushed and bored.

Later day Bleach pisses me off because the cast is full of talented people and they all sound bored to death. Cam Clarke showing up during that filler arc was amazing just because someone finally felt alive.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jojo's accents worked because they fit the cheesiness of the show. They may sound weird in out of context clips, but you start to warm up to them as you realize just how silly the show gets, especially with some of the lines they have to say.

Though Stroheim was the one standout where I didn't find the voice to work, but it could be due to the fact the Japanese VA was hamming it up to 11, where the dub just didn't match that level of enthusiasm.

....& maybe Suzie Q, but it's so hilariously stereotypical & she's not around long enough for it to become annoying.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Shokugeki no Soma dub is likely going to suck.
Same director as AgK and Parasyte.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
.......uuuggghhhhh.

The ONE series where a dub would be hilarious for how over the top the actors could be & it's in the hands of someone who is going to most likely make everyone sound bored with the food they're eating.

Maybe we'll get super lucky & at least it'll be fun in that "so bad, it's good" kind of way. But after hearing that, I'm setting my expectations even lower. Just makes me wish even more Funimation got it so we could have their returning cast like J. Michael Tatem doing the standout scenes.

zulux21

the voice clip wasn't impressive. the actual voice work wasn't bad, but the casting choices were quite iffy.

Sucks cause Soma is a fun series, does it have any potential to air here? I doubt it.

And yeah Fairy Tail ended.

no, no chance soma airs on toonami. the first two eps are terrible and have borderline hentai scenes in them.

I mean I like the series overall, but those tentacle scenes are not a good fit for toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sucks cause Soma is a fun series, does it have any potential to air here? I doubt it.
It's not an action series in any sense, it doesn't fit the Toonami motif at all. It'd basically be among the lines of a sports anime, except with cooking.

Moaradin

Wouldn't be the first time we've seen tentacle scenes on Toonami

But yeah, Soma not being an action show kills its chances sadly.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
the voice clip wasn't impressive. the actual voice work wasn't bad, but the casting choices were quite iffy.

Any links to the voice clips?

I know the cast includes Funi vets like Jad Saxton, Luci Christian, and John Swasey. But being Sentai, their performances will be weak.

zulux21

Yeah that was indeed off.
I can't unhear Nami.

I mean it might grow on me.

the voice for sora in no game no life felt quite wrong when I first heard it but it quickly grew on me while watching the dub.

amusingly the voice for sora in no game no life is closer to what I expected soma to sound like in english and soma is closer to what I expected sora to sound like in english lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll give Sentai credit for that LE, it looks really neat.

They sound.....fine-ish? Soma sounds a bit weird but I'm also just so used to the sub that it might take me a while to adjust to hearing the dub.

I want to hear a clip of taste testing & them explaining how the dish was made. That's gonna be the main thing that either saves or bombs the dub.

zulux21

Both dubs sound fine from those clips, the box sets they showed are gonna be MAAAAD expensive though :(

sorta....

sentai's LE are expensive at launch, but the majority of them have gone on sale fairly quickly at low prices.

like I would expect soma to go down to $50 or so within a year of release for the LE and UaT down to $65 or so given the extra episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Space Dandy: The Complete Series is coming out Oct. 24th for $52. Has commentary on 4 of the episodes, which I wouldn't mind listening to, it's rather rare to find commentary for anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only anime I own on disc are Nichijou (because I waited so damn long for that to get rescued from licensing hell after Bandai stopped licensing/dubbing anime) & then Jojo once it's out on Tuesday. I've been eyeing One Punch Man's LE, Cromartie High, & Sega Hard Girls (maybe Azumanga Daioh as well), but otherwise, I'm trying to keep it on shows I know I wouldn't mind rewatching in the future or something I could introduce to someone else/watch it with them for added fun. I've usually been the type to be "I saw it once, I'm content" with films & shows or just catching it as a rerun on TV.

I also have Trigun: Badlands Rumble but I've been meaning to sell that or give it to someone who wants it.

That Hey Arnold! continuation looks good.

I didn't always like the show, but I remember really appreciating some episodes.

The same sentiment there

Oh right, Space Dandy: The Complete Series is coming out Oct. 24th for $52. Has commentary on 4 of the episodes, which I wouldn't mind listening to, it's rather rare to find commentary for anime.

I guess it's a thing FUNi mainly does. With One Piece I think there are 4 commentaries per DVD release (used to be 2)

Anyway has anyone here read/watched Yakitate Japan?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I own a decent amount of One Piece, 5 different sets of Mobile Fighter G Gundam, All of Azumanga Daioh, Trigun, FMA '03. I've given away a lot and have an okay amount at my folk's house.

Raxus

One piece live action isn't even gonna make it to arlong park is it?

You know Zoro, we really are the One Piece

*Cancelled after episode 1*

*Edit* in all seriousness though, past the North Blue arc I dunno how they are going to do Chopper, Brook or (to a lesser extent) Franky as regulars.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Weird I can't post my image...oh well it was a split headed thing anyway

8OyzyYv.gif

So I'm watching some Transformers Prime clips on Youtube.

I'm not wrong for thinking that show's version of Starscream is awesome right?

BBboy20

48LjNw9.jpg
So, I had him remember us by showing that voice clip of him saying ToonamiGAF.

Also took his time with all my fumbling just trying find that YouTube clip.

Maybe he really is that chill of a dude.

At least I told him he was the best in the world as I walked away or something like that.

Grexeno

48LjNw9.jpg
So, I had him remember us by showing that voice clip of him saying ToonamiGAF.

Also took his time with all my fumbling just trying find that YouTube clip.

Maybe he really is that chill of a dude.

At least I told him he was the best in the world as I walked away or something like that.
Should have just brought up the OP! It's right under the ToonamiGAF banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom