• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually really like how Togashi designs his characters, especially the woman, in a medium where 95% of women are noseless its kinda refreshing to give an attractive woman a honker. Also I think that
Pitou is the best designed catgirl of all times

Moaradin

Also I think that
Pitou is the best designed catgirl of all times

SeemsGood.png

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm actually not a fan of its subversions, to be honest, mostly in the last episode. I think it'd be more enjoyable if they played things straight, even if it would make it less unique.

If Reigen had been the leader of claw like that one stinger tried to imply I think I would have enjoyed it more, provided there were some teeny edits in the prior material to accommodate it. If they had actually gone through with it, it would have been true to his con man character, and they could have played his role in establishing Claw as true to his character regarding the rules of psychic powers even without misconstructing him.

That fake out was more of an anime thing as it wasn't played up as much in the manga but I think him just conning his way into the place using a misunderstanding is pure Reigen and of course it builds off of one of the big parts of Mob's character not trying to use his powers with what happens in the final episode. Not too mention when you actually meet the boss of Claw you'll see why this was the better solution.

Regiruler

That fake out was more of an anime thing as it wasn't played up as much in the manga but I think him just conning his way into the place using a misunderstanding is pure Reigen and of course it builds off of one of the big parts of Mob's character not trying to use his powers with what happens in the final episode. Not too mention when you actually meet the boss of Claw you'll see why this was the better solution.
I'm saying in a more "what could have been though". It would have been a twist for the ages.

HStallion

I'm saying in a more "what could have been though". It would have been a twist for the ages.

Eh it would seriously go against Reigen's character. He is a con man but he's not a megalomaniac. He isn't the kind of guy to think such a silly thing like taking over the world is a viable option for a person and would negate most of the stuff he'd be saying and teaching Mob through the series about the use of ones natural gifts or psychic powers in the case.

HStallion

We posted on the first page of that "Five Years of Baneposting" thread

Really? Wow of all the things I would be tagged for that was not what I was expecting. I really thought my Punisher Iron Giant post was far more worthy.

Regiruler

Eh it would seriously go against Reigen's character. He is a con man but he's not a megalomaniac. He isn't the kind of guy to think such a silly thing like taking over the world is a viable option for a person and would negate most of the stuff he'd be saying and teaching Mob through the series about the use of ones natural gifts or psychic powers in the case.

I think it could be done. Make the end goal of Claw being the sole regulator of psychic powers, apply just a pinch of "ends justify the means" along with not fully caring about insubordination within Claw itself to enable the behavior of the elite mooks whose name I forget.

HStallion

I think it could be done. Make the end goal of Claw being the sole regulator of psychic powers, apply just a pinch of "ends justify the means" along with not fully caring about insubordination within Claw itself to enable the behavior of the elite mooks whose name I forget.

Actually this should make sense better when season 2 comes out and you meet the boss of Klaw. He's basically the exact opposite of a guy like Reigen.

BBboy20

XOwEmhN.jpg

Apparently they were also handing out last year's SDCC shirts too.

Whenever they get Mob Psycho 100 its gonna blow some minds is all I'm gonna say. Its as well animated as One Punch Man and has a far more heartfelt story line, a cast of hilarious characters and subverts a lot of common manga/anime tropes as well as HxH does.
That's because 100 is ONE's main work while OPM is just a side project.

You people aren't ready for episode 5.
And episode 8.

cntr

Banned
I have heard that Nielsen's having a lot of issues wrt reliability since they don't count digital streams and DVR stuff. So I assume Adult Swim has better info about Toonami's actual ratings than we're getting.

Like, e.g., remember when during DST the last hour of the block got a huge ratings jump because of DVR recordings?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have heard that Nielsen's having a lot of issues wrt reliability since they don't count digital streams and DVR stuff. So I assume Adult Swim has better info about Toonami's actual ratings than we're getting.

Like, e.g., remember when during DST the last hour of the block got a huge ratings jump because of DVR recordings?

This is what I assume has been going on. Nielson isn't exactly modern in their data collection practices.

HStallion

My parents are a Nielsen home and its incredibly annoying and backwards. It's literally a box with buttons on it that you have to punch for who and how many people are watching. They forget it's even there most times.

BBboy20

My parents are a Nielsen home and its incredibly annoying and backwards. It's literally a box with buttons on it that you have to punch for who and how many people are watching. They forget it's even there most times.
And this determines the fate of shows? The fuck...

Seda

So I guess they are going to maintain two rerun slots now? Or does this open room for another premiere? Maybe just a way to hold onto 11PM until FLCL arrives? Hmm.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I guess they are going to maintain two rerun slots now? Or does this open room for another premiere? Maybe just a way to hold onto 11PM until FLCL arrives? Hmm.

It give them wiggle-room for another show if they need it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Clearly they noticed ratings are in the garbage since their mistake of ever moving One Piece from the lineup and are making room for the return of the king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom