• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I guess they are going to maintain two rerun slots now? Or does this open room for another premiere? Maybe just a way to hold onto 11PM until FLCL arrives? Hmm.

I'm guessing the ratings are better than we've been seeing, which would make sense given how Nielson collects their data.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm guessing the ratings are better than we've been seeing, which would make sense given how Nielson collects their data.

I don't believe Nielsen counts streaming services, of which there must be like a dozen showing live airings point, at all but I could be wrong on that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

rVORL9l.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sweet, I can go to sleep at 1 (Central)
... Next week. This weekend I have to get up early on Sunday. So I'll watch Jojo then go to bed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, moving everything up to 11 p.m. & getting a 2nd rerun slot

Alright, so how many people will we have going "WTF, WHY IS KAI AT 11:30?!" this weekend.

Master Moltar

Neo Member
And with ratings being down to boot. Maybe we've been reading too much into ratings? :p
The pre-Toonami line-up was doing even worse with primetime Jack and Venture Bros., so this move is most likely trying to strengthen the entire night overall by moving the FG and DB hours earlier and hoping the rest of Toonami can ride from that momentum.

According to Adult Swim's website, they're also putting the new Super at 8:30 (last week's encore is still at 8), so the 11:00 showing will technically be a rerun once again.

cntr

Banned
Pfft, guess they couldn't convince Toei.

Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter if the ratings are secretly great?

So apparently, Funimation pulled a Avatar: The Last Airbender, and have already had Chris Ayres' understudy, Daman Mills, fill in for some of Freeza's lines.

According to Adult Swim's website, they're also putting the new Super at 8:30 (last week's encore is still at 8), so the 11:00 showing will technically be a rerun once again.

Fucking Toei.

But on a serious note, AS is being pretty sneaky about it; Sticking the stealth premier episode they already don't advertise behind a rerun.

Seda

So Dragon Ball covers two hours of programming every Saturday for the channel? I mean that's nothing compared to some of the daily cartoon shows but still.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEAH, JOJO ON BLU-RAY IS OUT TODAY!!

*hears about delay & retailers not getting shipments from Viz, some places saying it's delayed by 2-3 weeks*

.........oh..........sure hope this doesn't happen when Viz releases Part 3 on BD....

Toei is all like "You DARE ask to premiere one of OUR shows at 11:00 PM?! That disgrace that was the 1:00 to 2:30 One Piece shall not be repeated! Less we raise the price! HURUMPH!"

Twirling his big burly English mustache and straightening out his top-hat.

Wearing a tie made of 100 dollar bills.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So now that I think about it, how many times has Toonami changed from starting at midnight to 11:30 to 11 back to 11:30 only to return to 11? Feels like we get at least one change a year at the least now.

It's feels like a requirement for them to be at this point in the series. I think there were some in Yu Yu Hakusho as well, but it's been forever since I've seen the series.
Togashi must have been thirsty as fuck. There's a rather interesting looking female anchor I think in ep 93 or something. He does a good job designing females though and he doesn't cheapen them either.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Because I was rather bored....

Aug. 2012 - Dec. 2013: Toonami starts at midnight

Jan. 2014 - Jan. 2015: Toonami starts at 11:30

Feb. 2015 - May 2016: Toonami starts at midnight again

May 2016 - Sept. 2016: Toonami starts at 11:30 again

Oct. 2016 - Dec.2016: Toonami starts at midnight....a third time

Jan. 2017 - March 2017: Toonami starts at 11:30....a third time

March 2017 - July 2017: Toonami starts at 11

July 8th, 2017 - July 22nd, 2017: after a few weeks, Toonami returns to 11:30...a FOURTH time

July 29th, 2017 - ???: Back at 11 again

So since it started back up almost 5 years ago, we've gone through 8 changes as to when the block starts, & I didn't count losing the rerun slots.

Togashi must have been thirsty as fuck. There's a rather interesting looking female anchor I think in ep 93 or something. He does a good job designing females though and he doesn't cheapen them either.

In the manga, the top of her head has Hollywood-Frankenstein Monster stitchings around it... :x
The anime gives lots of the woman some 'enhancements', and also gave Tsezguerra normal ears that aren't pointed. They look better than they initially do.
I think the One Piece anime does a similar thing to the female characters - actually giving them somewhat distinctive features which Oda hasn't seemed to have considered as of late. That's one plus I can give to that anime

Wasn't Space Dandy a flop? I doubt we'll see it again over cheaper reruns like gits or more successful show reruns like parasyte and titan

The ratings for it were fairly good. I think each premiere averaged over a million or so. I think Watanabe overestimated and expected the series to be a monster success.

edit

What ended up happening was the second season ended up getting pushed back until after Bleach in favor of Attack on Titan, and the ratings for it suffered because the last season of Bleach was especially bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the average viewer overestimated how it was going to be the next Cowboy Bebop when it seemed rather clear that it was not going in that direction.

I can't think of a romance in a shonen I enjoyed...

While I enjoy the series, My Hero Academia has a pretty lame semi-romance in it.
If I'm supposed to eventually take Deku and Uraraka seriously, I can't.

HStallion

While I enjoy the series, My Hero Academia has a pretty lame semi-romance in it.

Nothing is lamer than Bakugo in the anime. He's not even a character lol He's just over the top reactions and exaggerated angry faces.

Raxus

To be fair MHA
1) they haven't really interacted in a romantic sense at all 2) most of the development and Uraraka crushing on deku has been really put on the back burner and the sports festival showed she won't rely on him to better herself which was fucking amazing shut up.

Nothing is lamer than Bakugo in the anime. He's not even a character lol He's just over the top reactions and exaggerated angry faces.

Apart from
Deku vs. Bakugou and the Todoroki and Bakugo fight there really isn't a push to his character until later. The latest chapters really showed this with All Might visiting each students families.

Xe4

Banned
Ratings have been pretty middling since Jack ended, though maybe that's normal for Toonami, I dunno I'm new to this.

Hopefully running new Super every week instead of a rerun will help.

HStallion

To be fair MHA
1) they haven't really interacted in a romantic sense at all 2) most of the development and Uraraka crushing on deku has been really put on the back burner and the sports festival showed she won't rely on him to better herself which was fucking amazing shut up.

Apart from
Deku vs. Bakugou and the Todoroki and Bakugo fight there really isn't a push to his character until later. The latest chapters really showed this with All Might visiting each students families.

I'm up to date. He still sucks and him having a scene or two doesn't really mean much when the manga has already covered so much. Sasuke had more of a character than that angry little shit. The anime just makes him even worse.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, forgot about DirecTV having the stupid glitches for a good majority of the block (I heard it was finally fixed at around 1 a.m. in time for Tokyo Ghoul), that would explain a lot, similar to when Dish lost a bunch of Turner channels for a month or so.

I don't know if it's due to my obsessive exploration of every nook and cranny, but Prey takes like 6 hours for the plot to actually kick off.

Why can't Andrew Space Ryan appear on a giant screen and accuse me of being a foreign space agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom