• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love how people backed this in droves to stick it to Capcom for not making Mega Man.

Meanwhile by comparison not making any Mega Man games Capcom was like Luigi winning without making a move. Even then we've had a few reasonably competent releases of MM since then.

Also Inticreates dunking on MN09 with Mighty Gunvolt Burst...which is also dunking on themselves by being way more fun than their own Gunvolt games.

cntr

Banned
Yikes.

Oh right, forgot about DirecTV having the stupid glitches for a good majority of the block (I heard it was finally fixed at around 1 a.m. in time for Tokyo Ghoul), that would explain a lot, similar to when Dish lost a bunch of Turner channels for a month or so.
I've heard that the pirates got screwed over by the Super schedule change last week, since they were relying on the 8 pm broadcast.

which is really funny for some reason

cntr

Banned
Also, I think I need to watch Justice League Action.

I backed this kickstarter and never even bothered to play the game or try and get any of my rewards. What a fucking joke
DFoMAu7XgAEhGHu.jpg
Yep.

cntr

Banned
I think the average viewer overestimated how it was going to be the next Cowboy Bebop when it seemed rather clear that it was not going in that direction.
I remember when Space Dandy premiered and people shat on it for exactly that reason, lol.

I really need to finish the first season and watch the second sometime.

BBboy20

I find it funny that Dunkirk is probably Zimmer's most cerebral score in all of the Nolan films he's done despite doing a movie that was all about that.

cntr

Banned
I find it funny that Dunkirk is probably Zimmer's most cerebral score in all of the Nolan films he's done despite doing a movie that was all about that.
Huh, might have to check that out sometime, then.

...can't help but think of this whenever I hear about Zimmer nowadays.

I left off right around the Bryce Papenbrook episode of Space☆Dandy - just short of the episode where they rotoscoped up some dancing animation
I forget where I left off, but I think I had some real life stuff to deal with back then and just fell off pretty much everything.

It's kind of hard for me to watch something on my own, since I always go 'man I'm too tried to watch this' or 'can I focus on this for 30 minutes', so I end up not doing it at all. Books and comics are easier to deal with, though.

Having a scheduled thing like Toonami helps a lot, especially with the whole group watch aspect.

I love how people backed this in droves to stick it to Capcom for not making Mega Man.

Meanwhile by comparison not making any Mega Man games Capcom was like Luigi winning without making a move. Even then we've had a few reasonably competent releases of MM since then.

Also Inticreates dunking on MN09 with Mighty Gunvolt Burst...which is also dunking on themselves by being way more fun than their own Gunvolt games.

Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are a rip off and I own both. There was no reason to cut them up, no reason to not include &bass and the two arcade games, and no reason they couldn't be ported to everything under the sun.

It's kind of hard for me to watch something on my own, since I always go 'man I'm too tried to watch this' or 'can I focus on this for 30 minutes', so I end up not doing it at all. Books and comics are easier to deal with, though.

I feel like I'm actually learning things through reading the source material rather than from watching it on film reel or televised.

And you're so right about anime watering down characters into being less-human, more-anime versions of themselves a lot of the time...but, what can we do about it?

bigkrev

I think they need to pick a timeslot and stick with it for a few years, instead of just switching back and forth willy-nilly every six months seemingly.

Raxus

I think they need to pick a timeslot and stick with it for a few years, instead of just switching back and forth willy-nilly every six months seemingly.

In their defense they were pretty consistent up until Jack returned and threw everything into chaos.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
They don't have total control over this stuff. Marketing/Etc at the network ultimately decides when content airs.

Moaradin

Not sure if this has been posted, but it seems like DB Super is premiering at 8:30 now. So now there's a rerun at 8:00, the premiere at 8:30, and the repeat at 11:00 on Toonami. Doesn't seem like a good idea tbh. The Toonami rerun is even closer to the premiere now.

Massicot

Not sure if this has been posted, but it seems like DB Super is premiering at 8:30 now. So now there's a rerun at 8:00, the premiere at 8:30, and the repeat at 11:00 on Toonami. Doesn't seem like a good idea tbh. The Toonami rerun is even closer to the premiere now.

So 3 airings of Super each day? Must have paid a lot for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I see you running these crash time trials Zonic!

You bear me to triple Plat yet?
I already platinum'd all 3 Crash games by the time Stormy Ascent came out. I'm still mad I accidentally lost my High Road time trial footage since that was far worse, especially since the gem & relic in Stormy Ascent can count towards "get 27 gems/gold relics" for the first game.

but i ain't bothering with platinum relics, that's for sure.

Morlas

speaking of space dandy now that we got two rerun slots how do you think they're gonna handle it...like one older show and one newer show or what?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AoT2 might be a special case on account of popularity(?) & cost, so they figure since GitS still hasn't finished, might as well just get a 2nd rerun slot to reair it quicker while it's still fresh.

Granted, considering they had that marathon a few weeks ago, kind of feels...a little too early? Especially since it's only 12 episodes, so the first episode is airing again only a month after it was shown via July 4th weekend marathon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
whynotboth.gif

We're going to get the second season of GitS, right?
I'm pretty sure we are? I don't know what else they could put in the rerun slot at the moment & they might as well run the 2nd season to have something at 3 a.m. for the time being.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I keep thinking DR Movie = Danganronpa Movie

Thankfully, hollywood will never put their dirty hands on that franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom