• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

they don't even have to deluxe all of them, they could just come out with a wii u greatest hits collection or line or something

Crocodile

Ben Duskin (#1 and Joseph Joestar) is on the Anime Expo stream right now shooting the shit if any are curious what he looks like/normally sounds like :p

Also Indivisible Panel is about to start if anyone cares

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Season 1 of YuYu Hakusho is free in the Microsoft store http://ow.ly/cKt330dk65k

Ooo, Ooo, I was gonna buy that on BluRay at Animazement if they had it, but they sold out. This is one of those few times when the freebie anime has been something I actually wanted / didn't already have.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :) *A Day with Smiling Bomb / Hohoemi no Bakudan is a better day.*

Morlas

6827983466b8ae6dc353218ce3b82599bcd7f50f_hq.gif

The Resident Evil Remake asks players to confront creatures beyond their darkest dreams, such twisted swirling abominations one shudders to think of them...One however, stands above all others...

I speak of course, of an evil plant.

DD63_Sn_NUAAANw_Rg.jpg

*sprays it with weed killer*

Seda

I'm not sure if it's been posted to the official facebook yet or anything (probably tomorrow after the holiday), but yeah seems like basically Jack was taken off the front and attached to the end of the block. So, 11:30PM -> 4:00AM.

im too lazy to update the op right now

Grexeno

I'm not sure if it's been posted to the official facebook yet or anything (probably tomorrow after the holiday), but yeah seems like basically Jack was taken off the front and attached to the end of the block. So, 11:30PM -> 4:00AM.

im too lazy to update the op right now
We'd need a few new graphics anyway

Crocodile

Good idea IMO. Jack was bleeding viewers on the front end. If an extra 1/2 hour of Family Guy gets the top half of the block into better shape all the better. I had been skipping 11pm anyway.

Line_HTX

"Heh ha ha ha ha. You're a little bit off. Possessed isn't quite the word. Wanna give it another try?

Lick licklicklicklicklicklick"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Peanuts strip would have been a lot different with Star Platinum. Lucy would have been beaten to a pulp after every football gag.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From the test dub, they changed it to some completely different stuff. Like in episode 2, instead of "yare yare daze", it was "what a giant pain in my ass", then in episode 3, it's "gimme a break..." I have no idea if Viz will just think of new lines to replace it most of the time it was said in the sub or just use "gimme a break..." as a substitute.

cntr

Banned
I could see them changing it based on context, but I think Viz would rather translate it as a single phrase to preserve the catchphrase-y-ness.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I do wonder if they'll change anything in the first 4 episodes from the test dub all those years ago. I'm pretty sure the cast itself is the same, but I don't know if they feel as though they should go back & re-record some lines, either for a different line read or changing the line completely.

cntr

Banned
i'd be surprised if they didn't change anything, since the test dub was done by Warner Brothers/Bang Zoom. At the very least, there'd be copyright involved.

(Viz still has to pay Warner Brothers money to sell the Part 1/2 BDs, since they own the dub audio.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also, should be mentioned that we won't get the ED for Part 3 until episode 3. So don't be fearing that Toonami didn't get the license again.

(minor SDC spoiler)
...okay, that's actually a pretty good name change.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna have to point out all the name changes as they happen, as this is when the music references start appearing much more in the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
because nobody in that promo walked like an Egyptian, nor was any footage of Egypt shown.

My only guess is that Roundabout was a much more demanded "PLZ KEEP THIS ED" & so they wanted to answer the question via promo, where as while I'm sure some people still hope for Part 3's EDs to go untouched, it's not as popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom