• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

*watches watchmojo's top 10 steven universe episodes*

why are these lists always so focused on the early parts of a series?
no mindful education, or Mr Greg? please

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
*watches watchmojo's top 10 steven universe episodes*

why are these lists always so focused on the early parts of a series?
no mindful education, or Mr Greg? please

People often, wrongfully, assume that after a certain amount of time that a series stagnates and becomes route and boring.

Line_HTX

I'm still mad as fuck that Funimation did not pick up Food Wars. Seriously, this is right up their alley with a handful of their other pickups. What, was Keijo the limit or something?

caliph95

I'm still mad as fuck that Funimation did not pick up Food Wars. Seriously, this is right up their alley with a handful of their other pickups. What, was Keijo the limit or something?
I support the choice of fanserive JoJo over animu Hell's kitchen

Tenumi

Banned
Higurashi?

I mean I gave it a 7/10 on mal which stands for good there :p

My scale is always skewed because I very rarely finish anything I don't like. So my ratings usually end up around an 8 usually, with 6 normally being the lowest for series that I finish, with occasional exceptions.

We're getting the blu-ray versions of SDC, by the way.

...yeah, uncensored.

Does that mean we'll get to see Jotaro's
smoking
uncensored?

I support the choice of fanserive JoJo over animu Hell's kitchen

I'm sorry, I just imagined instead of the ORAORAORAORA, it was BOOTYBOOTYBOOTYBOOTY

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Soma was 2015, Keijo was 2016
Funimation has no limit. They've licensed a lot of trash like Cat Planet Cuties and Master of Martial Hearts

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Master of Martial Hearts sure was....SOMETHING, mainly because of that final episode, holy hell. Though from what I've heard/noticed, Funimation doesn't usually put their A-tier actors or as much effort on shows like that.

But yes, I think Anime Expo confirmed that Sentai would actually dub Food Wars, which sucks. The fact it's the same ADR Director as Akame ga Kill & Parasyte makes it even worse....

cntr

Banned
I imagine Funimation tried to get Soma, but unfortunately, Sentai has decent negotiators. A lot of people in Japan have no idea what good English sounds like, so Sentai dubs sound fine to them, and so they still get stuff. (Like, most of us wouldn't be able to point out bad Japanese voice acting, right?)

that mean we'll get to see Jotaro's
smoking
uncensored?
Yeah.

caliph95

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
someone needs to make a parody of that sumo mini-game from Rhythm Heaven Megamix, but use Keijo. truly, i come up with only the most creative ideas.

Also jesus, Crash 1 joins my list of "games where the first entry has aged the worst/is the least amount of fun." The level design is more frustrating than fun, ESPECIALLY in the later half, & you have none of the additional moves or power-ups later games added. Even if 2 had all the annoying ice levels, the overall level design was much better & nowhere near as frustrating. I'm debating even bothering to get the time trial relics because the game was CLEARLY not designed for speed-running in mind. Especially since in 3, you gained those power-ups which helped you do moves that made the time trials more interesting because you were encouraged to try out shortcuts by using the hover spin & double jump. It doesn't help the depth perception screws with you the most in the first game compared to later entries. I actually had to stop playing the first game & go to 3 because I felt like I kept misjudging gaps & figured I should relearn Crash by going to the better games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, that face pretty much sums up my feelings about Crash 1. I'm just super glad they made it so the white gems can be gotten without having to do a no-death run of all boxes collected & fixed the saving, because damn, I can't imagine how infuriated I'd be trying to play the original.

....speaking of infuriating, oh god, S2 of Tokyo Ghoul starts this week. I cannot wait to see how it somehow becomes worse than the first season & that final episode.

Seda

random question

is Samurai Jack rerun at the end of Toonami actually "part of Toonami" or just a Adult Swim show at that point.

(More specifically do I put the 3:30 airing in the OP or no)

Grexeno

random question

is Samurai Jack rerun at the end of Toonami actually "part of Toonami" or just a Adult Swim show at that point.

I guess we'll see?

Also we need a coming soon for Stardust Crusaders

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to the Toonami site's schedule, Jack isn't even mentioned now. Says 11:30 to 3:30.

Morlas

random question

did it not say on the schedule?

TheSun

Hey.

Y'wanna know what the most boring anime is?

Psychic Wars.

Some 90's ova tripe that played on syfy once. Syfy's anime block introduced me to a lot of good stuff, except that.

You know, as I watch clips of Xiaolin Showdown, I can't help but think it has a bit of the Steve Urkel phenomenon.

jackspicer_2126.png

Jack Spicer is this incredibly lame wannabe villain who alternates so harshly between successful and completely failing, it almost felt like Jack was supposed to get more development as the show went on. I think the show went downhill a little bit when Jack and Wuya got pushed to the side somewhat for Chase Young and Hannibal Roy Bean.

didn't jack kinda end up being their frenemy?

Sorta? Jack had a few moments where he helped out the main cast, and he one time genuinely tried to turn good, but the finale of the first show ended showing a future where Jack successfully took over the world.

Weirdly enough that future vision was one of the few things the sequel didn't retcon.

Seda

I updated the OP. If someone wants to make a new image for Iron Blooded Orphans featuring Season 2 relevant art or whatnot, go ahead.

I didn't come out of the
Chimera Ant
arc liking it when I read the manga either.

But as I keep saying, hopefully it'll change my mind when we reach it in the anime. My mind has been changed a lot about the initial things I didn't like about Hunter X Hunter through watching this show.

Some thoughts have stayed the same of course. Particularly the discussion about how death is handled which isn't elevated one bit when we get to that arc but... we'll see.

I always get this big empty pit in my stomach when I think about it. I'm actually not looking forward to it.

Seda

Stardust Crusaders is 48 episodes? Guess that'll lock down the first hour for a while (assuming it doesnt move)

Lol. God I love HxH, the discussions are always interesting, I think this is why it startles me that there are people that don't like it. I always find the discussions a lot more interesting than anything DBZ related. You can hop on Youtube and watch rather thought out psychological character analysis videos, which I don't know if you can do this with Goku.

Seda

For here, I put the two newly announced shows in line with what they are replacing, for what I hope is obvious reasons.

Attack on Titan S2: July 22 ////////// Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: June 23, 2018
Tokyo Ghoul: September 23 ////////// Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Season 2): March 17, 2018
Lupin the 3rd: December 16
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: August 12 (1st season), February 10, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: May 12, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: June 6, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌

as usual, does not take into account marathons, etc

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lol. God I love HxH, the discussions are always interesting, I think this is why it startles me that there are people that don't like it. I always find the discussions a lot more interesting than anything DBZ related. You can hop on Youtube and watch rather thought out psychological character analysis videos, which I don't know if you can do this with Goku.

Keep in mind the head of the NGL is an Ant now and he was like the most evil dude in existence before he became an Ant. Imagine that shit.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, I know a bunch of people who don't enjoy the HxH manga at all, but like the anime a lot.

I liked the manga, but I can see why.

Keep in mind the head of the NGL is an Ant now and he was like the most evil dude in existence before he became an Ant. Imagine that shit.
God damn. I really hope this isn't a forgotten plot point. I always just assumed he became
Meruem
, but I don't think that was something the anime paid that much attention to, which is why I never remember it.
Yeah, I know a bunch of people who don't enjoy the HxH manga at all, but like the anime a lot.

I liked the manga, but I can see why.
I didn't entirely get the manga until the most recent chapter, now I'm fully onboard. Togashi has a weird art style. If you like the clean smooth lines of Kishimoto then HxH is going to take some getting used to. It has a harsh look to it that looks rushed at first, but Togashi does care, a lot. I was watching a video of him drawing Kurapika and ended up loving the water color usage, gives the art a rather unique look in my opinion.

Moaradin

Didn't some people here say the art quality in HxH varies wildly?

For the anime? It's like the most consistent long-running anime out there when it comes that lol

That definitely applies to the manga, though most of that gets fixed up in the volume releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom