• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Some of the off-modelness is hilarious, but this animation and direction is really good. Miles above what we got for most of this arc.

Since a lot of you guys don't seem to have known about this episode, it's infamous as one of the most hated episodes of Naruto Shippuden, because people thought the animation was bad.

Crocodile

Well so far this episode has been an audio-visual treat :)

I was kind of losing energy and on the verge of falling asleep but this woke me up something good <3

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Since a lot of you guys don't seem to have known about this episode, it's infamous as one of the most hated episodes of Naruto Shippuden, because people thought the animation was bad.

These are people who think Shippuden is good, therefore their opinions can be wholly disregarded.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I wouldn't say the most hated, the most controversial absolutely

There is a thread on gaf of people going back and forth on this episode

Xe4

Banned
Yeah, some were saying it completely ruined this arc and shit, using like three images/gifs to prove their point too.

It's pretty nuts, and I could never agree with them. This fight is amazing.

ckohler

It's not. It does have brief moments that make me laugh but overall, it's been phenomenal.

That people would complain about this episode's animation and not the other 100+ episodes of shit, banal, phoned in garbage is telling.

cntr

Banned
Pain's faces get really dumb sometimes, but this episode's animation is otherwise incredible.

edit: This Sakura and Other Guy shot does look a bit naff, though.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's not. It does have brief moments that make me laugh but overall, it's been phenomenal.

That people would complain about this episode's animation and not the other 100+ episodes of shit, banal, phoned in garbage is telling.
What it comes down to is that not all of it is on model and people don't like that cartoon is given the freedom to do things a normal show wouldnt

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I feel like this episode is a vehicle for a certain animator / group to get more work, piggybacking off their one chance at Naruto to display themselves before the right people.
Also, all the beating to Pain was obviously scripted by a Hinata fan! ;-)

A whole series that looked like this would probably be very popular. But it is very jarring in the middle of Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom