• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
3692686-3754110147-13522.gif

C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

cntr

Banned
...hmm, they shouldn't be using the simplified style outside of action scenes. Here it looks more questionable.

cf., how One Punch Man switches between the simplified and normal styles by context.

Sianos

as someone who hasn't been following naruto, i like this art style (though there's some moments where backgroudn characters look prrrrretty rough)

how's the pacing on the rest of the 500 episode series?

ckohler

Whether you like this animation style or not, no one can deny it has a ton of effort put into it. Which is something you can't say for 90% of this show.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
if it weren't obvious pain is a monster, if nagato wasn't sick as hell he would be nigh unstoppable
Yup

Also the pain fight is a big turning point in turn a of Naruto combat, pain is the START of "this is turning into dbz"posts and which is why a lot of people think it would have ended at the pain arc because the series essentially reached its height

as someone who hasn't been following naruto, i like this art style (though there's some moments where backgroudn characters look prrrrretty rough)

As mentioned, this is an unusual art style for the series, and it was largely hated by the fans, so they don't go to this level again.

Pacing varies. It's usually slow.

Xe4

Banned

All downhill from here baby!
: (

I love this shot of him in the water. The only major time Naruto ever reflects deeply on the things happening around him besides, "FRIENDSHIP"

ALSO BITCH YOU THOUGHT.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yup

Also the pain fight is a big turning point in turn a of Naruto combat, pain is the START of "this is turning into dbz"posts and which is why a lot of people think it would have ended at thr pain arc because the series essentially reached its height

The power levels should have stayed here and they should have made the fights more clever instead.

I like this logical next step in Pain's powers. He can control gravity so being able to make small planets is the ultimate jutsu. lmao the nine tails is such a fucking troll.

cntr

Banned
"A guy used his gravity powers to create the moon" would've been a really fun concept in another series, but Naruto couldn't handle that properly in the end.

RagnarokX

It's actually mostly not filler.

Actually it is almost completely filler. In the manga, Naruto transformed into 6 tails form, shot off a single blast that Pain blocked with his ability, and then Pain ran away into the forest.

The anime expanded it into a huge battle involving water coming out of nowhere because remember that fight with Naruto and Sasuke? That was popular! And Pain survives being driven into the ground like a nail.

Sianos

As mentioned, this is an unusual art style for the series, and it was largely hated by the fans, so they don't go to this level again.

Pacing varies. It's usually slow.

is it slow because its focusing on the wide cast of characters and giving them all time to shine, or is it just lots of dbz-esque recap episodes and powering up?

All downhill from here baby!
: (

oh no :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom