• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The power levels should have stayed here and they should have made the fights more clever instead.
There are still some pretty clever fights but the fights are at a much larger scale which means anyone who couldn't keep up gets left behind

The music and visuals are so impactful to me right now

cntr

Banned
If you forget where Naruto goes and is coming from, this is a really good scene.

is it slow because its focusing on the wide cast of characters and giving them all time to shine, or is it just lots of dbz-esque recap episodes and powering up?
Naruto's basically the epitome of a series that started out in an incredible position and squandered all of its potential.

The stuff we're seeing know is basically its last gasp before it drives itself into garbage, lol.

Seda

So I value, like, actual animation over being "on model" so that was a pretty good episode.

Also who the fuck cares if it's filler.

I CAN EVEN BRING YOU TOGETHER WITH YOUR FATHER AGAIN NARUTO!

giphy.gif

n603NS.gif

Morlas

is sakura even very popular? because she gets the ED a lot in shippuden it seems like.

also the whole family's there Naruto, his dad, his future wife....where's his mom?

Xe4

Banned
Great fucking episode. And that's not something I say about Naruto, if ever. I've never been a huge fan of the series TBH, but that was really something.

Sianos

Naruto's basically the epitome of a series that started out in an incredible position and squandered all of its potential.

The stuff we're seeing know is basically its last gasp before it drives itself into garbage, lol.

oh nooooooo

i fell away from the series when shippuden started, disappointed to hear it didn't deliver on that potential

cntr

Banned
That was a good episode.

...but yo Ghost in the Shell. I'm really interested to see where the series goes after that last episode, because that was nuts.

oh nooooooo

i fell away from the series when shippuden started, disappointed to hear it didn't deliver on that potential
Oh, you read/watched Part 1?

Yeah, you don't need to watch any more of the series. Shippuden destroyed everything good about Naruto.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
is it slow because its focusing on the wide cast of characters and giving them all time to shine, or is it just lots of dbz-esque recap episodes and powering up?

oh no :(
As a long time Naruto fan who has been with it from beginning to end, pain ARC is considered the best arc of Naruto and one of the best in the shonen genre at that, from this point on lets say its gonna continue to have some amazing highs with a lot of emotional moments but its Finna have some real low lows, and part of that is the pacing, it became obvious that after the pain arc, Mr shonen jump suit man came to masashi's office and demanded he continue making more Naruto because it was at s all time high

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wasn't that Kushina?

Hair's too short

As a long time Naruto fan who has been with it from beginning to end, pain ARC is considered the best arc of Naruto and one of the best in the shonen genre at that, from this point on lets say its gonna continue to have some amazing highs with a lot of emotional moments but its Finns have some teal low lows, and part of that is the pacing, it became obvious that after the pain arc, Mr shonen jump shut man came to masashi's office and demanded he continue making more Naruto because it was at s all time high

I dunno about best in the genre, but it's easily the best in the series. That said it shits the bed at the last second.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoping to comment more on GitS this week, last week was way too exposition heavy & made it hard to post about anything.

Seda

I'll watch Ghost in the Shell, but even though Attack on Titan Season 2 was surprisingly entertaining, I don't feel like watching it again right away.

That means Toonami ends at midnight for me. West coast has advantages.

cntr

Banned
Inner Universe!

The Pain arc is one of the better arcs of the series and the best in Shippuden, but no way it's one of the best shounen arcs. It'd high-mid-tier, at best. I'd rank most of Part 1 above it.

Togusa!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh cool, togusa's back!

I'll watch Ghost in the Shell, but even though Attack on Titan Season 2 was surprisingly entertaining, I don't feel like watching it again right away.
Agreed, it's just too fresh in my mind, especially when we had that 4th of July weekend marathon that was the first 7 or 8 episodes.

Moaradin

Damn internet cut out during the break. Anyways, that was a fantastic episode, easily one of the best in the series. Glad Toonami GAF is mostly positive on it. You guys didn't disappoint me.
SeemsGood.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom