• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
gotta be honest, I haven't been watching Lupin

the pace is just too laid back for that late at night

I always fall asleep by the first commercial break

is it good enough to catch up on?

Moaradin

gotta be honest, I haven't been watching Lupin

the pace is just too laid back for that late at night

I always fall asleep by the first commercial break

is it good enough to catch up on?

Do you need to catch up? There hasn't been much continuity. You can just hop into any of these episodes.

cntr

Banned
It's not the greatest writing ever, but it's a really fun show.

Just check out the episodes whenever, and if you think it's boring, skip to the next episode.

caliph95

I heard it fixes the issue I have with the social links in P3c which as the male MC pissed me off by making the female characters annoying to deal with

Persona is a series that is mostly about underdogs or at least characters who struggle with identity, anxiety, or relationship issues right?

So the unfortunate reoccurring issue of homophobia in the series is just odd.

I get that the series is Japanese as fuck, but it's still a series that is popular around the world.

caliph95

Persona is a series that is mostly about underdogs or at least characters who struggle with identity, anxiety, or relationship issues right?

So the unfortunate reoccurring issue of homophobia in the series is just odd.

I get that the series is Japanese as fuck, but it's still a series is popular around the world.
I did hear Yosuke was going to be a gay option and you can see hints of it.

Weird with a blank slate character and where you as a student can date adults older than you even teachers but oh well

Moaradin

Persona 5 is probably the series at its worst in that regard tbh. The game wants to take these social issues super seriously, yet still has all the homophobia and sexual harassment. It's even worse when you consider that the first major arc is about sexual harassment. No, you can't have your cake and eat it too. It just undercuts the entire narrative they're trying to go for in that game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, preparations begin for the tournament between the mightiest warriors of Universes 6 and 7, Piccolo investigates the epicenter of Vegeta's Final Explosion only to find that the nightmare of Majin Buu is not over yet, DIO's wrath has already lashed out at Jotaro and the Joestar clan through his control of Kakyoin but now it's Holly who finds herself at the mercy of his power, the CCG prepares a new task force to deal with Aogiri, Gon and Killua take on the Janken tournament before heading out of Antokiba to the city of magic Masadora, Agent Nyx's daughter is kidnapped but what she doesn't know is that her father has a very particular set of skills, having conquered Pain at last Naruto hunts down Nagato himself to confront the true form of his enemy face to face, three months have passed since the dismantling of Section 9 and the assassination of Motoko Kusanagi and Togusa finds himself lost and ready to dish out his own form of justice against Secretary General Yakushima in the finale of Stand Alone Complex, the Scouts hole up in Castle Utgard after finding no breaches in Wall Rose, and Jack searches within to try to reclaim his missing sword.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 28 - The 6th Universe's Destroyer: His Name is Champa!
8:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 29 - Combat Matches Are a Go! The Captain is Someone Stronger Then Goku!
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 29 - Combat Matches Are a Go! The Captain is Someone Stronger Then Goku!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 128 - A Nightmare Revisited: The Immortal Monster Majin Buu!
12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 3 - The Curse of DIO
12:30 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 6 - Thousand Paths
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 62 - Reality? × And × Raw
1:30 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 8 - The Zapping Operation
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 169 - The Two Students
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 26 - STAND ALONE COMPLEX - END
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 28 - Southwestward
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 59 - XCVIII

cntr

Banned
Otaku and waifu subculture in Japan tends to be pretty homophobic, so I bet that's where it comes from.

It'll probably take a while for Persona to overcome that, given that's pretty much the audience it's aimed at.

Otaku and waifu subculture in Japan tends to be pretty homophobic, so I bet that's where it comes from.

It'll probably take a while for Persona to overcome that, given that's pretty much the audience it's aimed at.
At this point I want a bi FeMC for Persona 6...

cntr

Banned
The Universe 6 arc is pretty light-hearted throughout, I think.

Tonight's Jojo will be good. And I'm excited for the GitS finale.

caliph95

There was hope with kanji being how it's fine to have "feminine hobbies" even with yosuke and anime yu

when in doubt there is always tokyo ghoul
tumblr_o9k0033Fyb1qbwsdco6_250.gif

caliph95

It's only the second episode of Rick and Morty I didn't care for but I really enjoy the third even the second episode it's not the worst episode in the show

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Time to take a break from Yooka Laylee & watch Toonami. Kind of amazed at just how fast I'm blasting through it, even Banjo Tooie felt like it took longer, but then again, that had more stages that were smaller/had less stuff to collect.

Morlas

Time to take a break from Yooka Laylee & watch Toonami. Kind of amazed at just how fast I'm blasting through it, even Banjo Tooie felt like it took longer, but then again, that had more stages that were smaller/had less stuff to collect.

games took me forever as a kid, because i sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom