• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

cntr

Banned
Looks like they have Season 1. Presumably they'll put up Season 2 once it's done.

(though it's kind of hard to check since Netflix isn't available where I live)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ooh, Duke Togo was busy on ASK FM in recent times.

as for as toonomi will you guys ever get my hero academia?

I don't know if we'll NEVER get it, but we can't get it right now. A good rule of thumb: if something premieres on Netflix, you probably won't see it on TV any time soon....
Will Outlaw Star have the space bars from DBZ Kai before the Final Chapters?

Yep

Netflix is producing 7 anime series for next year. You're producing 1. Ready to pack it in yet or what?

I'm trying to understand why you'd bother doing this and why you think Netflix is our main concern. You're a strange person. No plans to pack it in any time soon, although I'm sure Toonami will end one day. It's ended before! I wish Netflix luck, because anyone that's willing to PAY creators of anime deserves respect. There's not enough people doing that.

You guys should have air Revolutionary Girl Utena back in the late 90's and early 2000's.

We tried to get it but the rights were not available at the time, actually.

cntr

Banned
Okay, trying to figure it out... Netflix Japan has season 1 of MHA. But (English) Hulu also has Season 1, dubbed and subbed.

So I'd assume there's been some deal worked out, and US Netflix and Hulu will put both seasons up eventually, while Crunchyroll and Funimation still get to stream it online.

I dunno, it's kind of confusing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't even know Netflix had MHA since it's a simuldub for Funimation & simulcast for Crunchyroll. Bummer its chances have decreased.

Also I don't think Netflix is "producing" 7 different anime unless I'm missing something. They just slap "netflix original series" on something they had no involvement with like Little Witch Academia.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, trying to figure it out... Netflix Japan has season 1 of MHA. But (English) Hulu also has Season 1, dubbed and subbed.

So I'd assume there's been some deal worked out, and US Netflix and Hulu will put both seasons up eventually, while Crunchyroll and Funimation still get to stream it online.

I dunno, it's kind of confusing.

Maybe he has the details wrong, he has done that before, but the bigger point is that MHA is out of Toonami's hands.

Figured Outlaw Star would have those bars because of how old the show is and the aspect ratio of the promo the other day.

Sucks about MHA, but understandable.

Chase17

I didn't even know Netflix had MHA since it's a simuldub for Funimation & simulcast for Crunchyroll. Bummer its chances have decreased.

Also I don't think Netflix is "producing" 7 different anime unless I'm missing something. They just slap "netflix original series" on something they had no involvement with like Little Witch Academia.
I'm pretty sure they have 7 original anime series (like Devilman Crybaby and the new Saint Seiya) in addition to the stuff they just throw their name on (well, they do make sure it is dubbed).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm pretty sure they have 7 original anime series (like Devilman Crybaby and the new Saint Seiya) in addition to the stuff they just throw their name on.
Oh that's right, I forgot about stuff like that new Devilman. I just find it weird to compare a multi-million dollar streaming service to a weekly 4-hour block that focuses mainly on action anime.

Edit: Meanwhile, got my dad's DirecTV log in info, so now I just need a long enough HDMI cable & I'll be set for watching Toonami via stream for now on. Considering my Charter internet is about 65mbps, I'm hopeful there won't be any issues compared to when I had my dad's internet & had to watch it when Dish didn't have CN for a month.

cntr

Banned
Whoa, I didn't know Trever Noah produced the soundtrack for The Reflection (that Stan Lee/Mushishi anime).

I...haven't heard good things about the plot and animation, but I'm gonna hafta check that OST out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom