• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I thought that tonight's JoJo and HxH would've been lower on the enjoyment spectrum...but, it ended out that I enjoyed this week for both quite a bit more than the previous. (But, I think we have Richard Epcar and Tara Sands's voice work salvaging them to thank for it. That isn't to say the Japanese voices were bad, not at all. But this was a good treat!)
Not to mention Lupin!

Seda

Why play Ys Seven now when it's coming to PC at the end of this month? Unless you are far advanced in the game...

I mostly watched Toonami and I skipped Tokyo Drool.

I'm playing the PC version. Perks of writing for a game website.

Ys Seven, coming off of Ys Origin and The Oath in Felghana, unfortunately takes a pretty stylish and unique action RPG series and turns into a bit more of a bog-standard normalized JRPG. It's not a bad game but it loses a little bit of that Ys flair. The soundtrack is phenomenal though.

Celceta was kinda more of the same, I hear Ys 8 steps it up.

I'm playing the PC version. Perks of writing for a game website.

Ys Seven, coming off of Ys Origin and The Oath in Felghana, unfortunately takes a pretty stylish and unique action RPG series and turns into a bit more of a bog-standard normalized JRPG. It's not a bad game but it loses a little bit of that Ys flair. The soundtrack is phenomenal though.

Celceta was kinda more of the same, I hear Ys 8 steps it up.

Nice with all those perks. I guess you are playing the definitive version. And yeah, Ys 7 goes down that slippery slope of action RPG that kind of bogs it down. It's not bad, it's alright with a great soundtrack. I played the PSP version.

Yeah Celceta is same...not bad, it's good but tame. I'm also excited to get Ys 8 on PC.

Regiruler

Lupin last night kept up the insanity from last week but in a completely different way.

Also, Lupin robbing the jewelry store reminded me he's not an honest man by trade.

bigkrev

I usually just go do something else for shows I don't bother watching.

I fall asleep and just hope I wake up in time for shows I actually want to watch.
Has worked decently recently? Watch Dragonballs, sort of watch Jojo, sleep through Tokyo, wake up for HxH, and then try (and usually fail) to stay awake for Lupin?

BBboy20

When you make the acceptance that everything that has ever shaped you in the last 29 years of your life, from your country to the art you consume, has been dissolving in the last 9 months...

I always perceived BatDan as level-headed but calling people names in the name of fiction (and not regretting it as he messaged me).....it's something.

I mean, guess I'm telling you this is because I perceive this community as an internet family.

Yeah...hasn't been a nice 48 hours for me.

Morlas

When you make the acceptance that everything that has ever shaped you in the last 29 years of your life, from your country to the art you consume, has been dissolving in the last 9 months...

I always perceived BatDan as level-headed but calling people names in the name of fiction (and not regretting it as he messaged me).....it's something.

I mean, guess I'm telling you this is because I perceive this community as an internet family.

It's bad right now, but I wouldn't give up hope the things we're going through right now are like an old wound suddenly reappearing and festering, if we do our best to treat it we'll come out from it alright I think.

I propose that we all watch Giant Bomb's walkthrough of Kingdom Hearts, and then we have a podcast about the deep lore of the franchise.

It'll bring us closer as a community.

cntr

Banned
Nah, that stand is later.

He's referring to next week's DBZ Kai episode title, "A Secret Plan to Defeat Buu! Its Name is Fusion". The answer is simply that none of them knew about it.
Vegeta and Goku
are also reluctant about working together even on the best of days, and they're both petty as fuck. On the other hand, Trunks and Goten are actually friends, and they fuse whenever they can.

It's reasonable enough, I guess

Regiruler

Is he Perma'd? He's one of the best posters in both this thread and Platinum gaf.
Kingdom Hearts has keyblades, but it also has χ-blades. Both of these are pronounced exactly the same.

Usage of characters that are close to roman but aren't are one of the key signs of going off the deep end.

caliph95

Kingdom Hearts has keyblades, but it also has χ-blades. Both of these are pronounced exactly the same.
I don't what so confusing to use the keyblades to find χ-blades using the keyblades warriors to become a χ-blades, because χ-blades is more powerful than the keyblade

cntr

Banned
Usage of characters that are close to roman but aren't are one of the key signs of going off the deep end.
Yup.

And, like, if they really had to use that dumb name, why couldn't they have at least said it "kai"? That's an acceptable way to say χ!

Xe4

Banned
No but his behavior on the One Piece thread is a bit disappointing.

People get upset at the silliest stuff. It's why a video game forum of all places is moderated so strictly. I've had my share of blowups (luckily not many on GAF) that I'm not proud of, over dumb trivial stuff.

Hopefully he learns from his mistakes, as I hope everyone does, especially myself.

cntr

Banned
People get upset at the silliest stuff. It's why a video game forum of all places is moderated so strictly. I've had my share of blowups (luckily not many on GAF) that I'm not proud of, over dumb trivial stuff.

Hopefully he learns from his mistakes, as I hope everyone does, especially myself.
Yeah, I've gotten unreasonably angry over the dumbest shit too. Recently, even. It's embarrassing once you chill out.

And, the overall mood of the era doesn't help. It's kind of hard to not get more depressed and angry about things when everybody else is too.

caliph95

Kingdom Hearts 2 was a mistake.
The ones afterwards are worse in regards to how convuluted
Now Which one you want to talk about
Old Xehanort
Young time traveling Xehanort
His nobody Xenmas
His shadow Ansem
Terra-North who is also his nobody
Also Xigbar and Saix

caliph95

One of the worst storybeats in KH2 is how they muddle up what Keyblades are. Are Keyblades sentient enough to choose their owners, or are they made for people? Which is it Nomura ?

1KBgC.gif
I'm pretty sure nomura though I can't find it, admits to write stuff so he can retcon or confuse the audience next game

Seda

One of the worst storybeats in KH2 is how they muddle up what Keyblades are. Are Keyblades sentient enough to choose their owners, or are they made for people? Which is it Nomura ?

This gets even more complicated in BBS and DDD.

Kingdom Hearts spoilers lol

It's something like Keyblade owners have the ability to bequeath the power to wield a keyblade to whoever they choose. Terra chooses Riku, Aqua accidentally gives the power to Kairi, Sora is never actually given the power but since he holds Ventus's heart, he can. And the only reason why he got a keyblade in the first game was because Riku was cloaked in DARKNESS.

Something like that yeah.

So Teamfourstar is officially dubbing "Hells!"

Like not a parody dub but an official legit dub.

Good for them but I hope this doesn't delay DBZA in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom