• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that SS4 transformation in GT was far more visually interesting and unique than anything devised in Super.

Same. Had it just been the long hair (but red) and yellow eyes it would have been an improvement on the God form, which looks lazy to me; but then again I'm a sucker for 90's ostentatious designs, so...

Chase17

Super while not perfect
I have problems with the current arc
and annoys people concerned with power levels and scaling is still pretty enjoyable

How is Boruto
Super
I had hopes for this tournament arc, but I don't think the execution has been great .Step down from the last arc overall to me. Though there is still time for a turnaround.17 carrying it hard.

I'm 5 episodes or so on Boruto but what I've seen of it has been enjoyable. There was an episode about potato chips!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I've said it before but I think Super has some lazy generic designs for like 90 percent of it. Part of it is Toriyama's art style isn't exactly diverse but its made worse because it feels like a lot of characters are just taking random body parts from older characters and just cramming them together to make something new.
The female Saiyans are especially boring looking.

Morlas

I've said it before but I think Super has some lazy generic designs for like 90 percent of it. Part of it is Toriyama's art style isn't exactly diverse but its made worse because it feels like a lot of characters are just taking random body parts from older characters and just cramming them together to make something new.
The female Saiyans are especially boring looking.

....nope not gonna do it....
you're wrong

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love Super's designs besides ironically the two Super Saiyan powerups.

bbS2vyU.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
....nope not gonna do it....
you're wrong

I'm not talking about the character's in terms of personality or anything. I just think visually they're very uninspired but then again I felt the same way once we'd gotten to the Cell arc in DBZ.

Ray Down

Banned
Boruto is good so far, they still aren't at/animated chapter 700 I think though.

Will be weird see basically Atksuki type group with the Kara

Jarate

Banned
SSG and SSGSS are at least a little more logical then SSJ4 in a way, although I kind of like the SS4 design a bit. (I also think I'm the only person who likes SSG AND SSGSS)

Super is far better then GT tho

Super
I had hopes for this tournament arc, but I don't think the execution has been great .Step down from the last arc overall to me. Though there is still time for a turnaround.17 carrying it hard.

So far, I can honestly say the only Super Arc I've enjoyed is this current Universe 6/7 Tournament that is airing on Toonami. Everything else has had some massive issues holding it back.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So far, I can honestly say the only Super Arc I've enjoyed is this current Universe 6/7 Tournament that is airing on Toonami. Everything else has had some massive issues holding it back.

The current arc could have used a lot less in the way of pointless training episodes.

Boruto is pretty subversive actually and has given me new ways to hate Sakura and Sasuke.

Morlas

The current arc could have used a lot less in the way of pointless training episodes.

Boruto is pretty subversive actually and has given me new ways to hate Sakura and Sasuke.

you can blame Kishimoto and not Pierott for that one since he wrote gaiden

cntr

Banned
I still can't believe that
"Sarada might not be Sakura's kid, and her marriage might be a sham!"
was the actual fucking plot of Naruto Gaiden.

Like, jesus.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I still can't believe that
"Sarada might not be Sakura's kid, and her marriage might be a sham!"
was the actual fucking plot of Naruto Gaiden.

Like, jesus.

I loved that shit so much. I just wish he had the balls to actually go through with it.

I loved that shit so much. I just wish he had the balls to actually go through with it.

What's stupid about it is thematically the arc would have made a lot more sense had he stuck with that twist
it's not blood that defies family its love
but he pulled out last minute
like sasuke must of tried to do hiyooooo

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's stupid about it is thematically the arc would have made a lot more sense had he stuck with that twist

Seriously, it's like he can't help himself and just undercuts everything for no reason at all.

caliph95

What's stupid about it is
thematically the arc would have made a lot more sense
had he stuck with that twist
You say that like it stopped him before

cntr

Banned
Naruto: a loner kid disliked by his entire village, who's stuck with a horrible curse, who must overcome it with his own power, and is praised for his effort
Baruto: the son of the most powerful man in the village, liked by everybody, genetically blessed with the bestest powers, who's praised for his bloodline

...man, I felt gross just typing that out.
At least they try to alleviate it by having Boruto not want to become Hokage, but that's not much.

Naruto: a loner kid disliked by his entire village, who's stuck with a horrible curse, who must overcome it with his own power, and is praised for his effort
Baruto: the son of the most powerful man in the village, liked by everybody, genetically blessed with the bestest powers, who's praised for his bloodline

...man, I felt gross just typing that out.
At least they try to alleviate it by having Boruto not want to become Hokage, but that's not much.

What's funny is Boruto in his short run time has been a far more compelling character then Naruto ever was.

Seriously, it's like he can't help himself and just undercuts everything for no reason at all.

Maybe that's why Boruto has just been better, kishimoto seems to work better as an ideas and general outline guy then a details guy.

Moaradin

Boruto is way more likable at this point than Naruto was. In fact, I probably already like most of the main cast in Boruto more than I did in Naruto. It helps that the show actually spent time letting us get to know them.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, questionable themes aside, Boruto seems fun enough.

...but still tho, it's kind of unbelievable how hard Naruto's themes reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom