• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

I wouldn't really consider Boruto's themes questionable. The only thing it has really put forward is about the problems/pressures of living in your father's shadow/carving your own path, which is fine. Makes the whole sequel series thing easier for the writers anyways lol.

A lot of the problems in Boruto, big and small, seem to revolve around the last generation being a bunch of fuck ups.

Which makes a lot of sense actually.

cntr

Banned
Hm, maybe not themes, but like, its basic assumptions? It works off ideas that're very centered around inheritance rather than personal effort, and it's kind of naff.

A lot of the problems in Boruto, big and small, seem to revolve around the last generation being a bunch of fuck ups.

Which makes a lot of sense actually.
Heh, really? Nice.

cntr

Banned
Fights seem more Part 1-like, from what I've seen of it.

It's basically just Part 1 redux in general. Arguably not a bad thing!

Moaradin

Yeah, the manga is kinda its own thing right now and not as good.

The art is worse and the artist is creepy and keeps trying to sexualize Sarada.

Chase17

And sold guessing not the manga
The manga so far has been a retelling of the movie , an arc that may or may not be about a trading card game, and most importantly a tease
of a group I am declaring to be the reformed Akatsuki (only reason to call it that is that they wear black robes lol).
Hm, maybe not themes, but like, its basic assumptions? It works off ideas that're very centered around inheritance rather than personal effort, and it's kind of naff.

Ah I see what you mean. I missed your earlier post where that was more clear.

Yeah, the manga is kinda its own thing right now and not as good.

The art is worse and the artist is creepy and keeps trying to sexualize Sarada.

I try to look at the manga as a rough draft of what the boruto anime will eventually do. As a whole I like the ideas the manga is presenting and I look forward to the anime expanding upon them kind of like the super manga to anime.

Moaradin

I try to look at the manga as a rough draft of what the boruto anime will eventually do. As a whole I like the ideas the manga is presenting and I look forward to the anime expanding upon them kind of like the super manga to anime.

The manga and anime are just so separate right now. The anime even introduces characters that seem to be part of the main cast that aren't even in the manga. I guess it will be interesting to see how they even try to get back on the same track.

As long as the anime doesn't adapt the manga character designs.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I feel Boruto feels so much better because of what an absolute shit show Naruto was in the end. Personally I feel its not all that great but that's me.

The manga and anime are just so separate right now. The anime even introduces characters that seem to be part of the main cast that aren't even in the manga. I guess it will be interesting to see how they even try to get back on the same track.

As long as the anime doesn't adapt the manga character designs.

Thats because the manga started where after the events of the final chapter of the naruto manga + gaiden chapters which made sense. It would have been weird for a monthly boruto manga to go backwards in time and show a ton of events before the final naruto chapter + gaiden.

Beat the Crash trilogy.

Crash 1 is bad, 2 is okay, and 3 is good.

Crash 3 does pull that old school bullshit of "Oh you wanna get the real final boss? Well collect everything!"

cntr

Banned
Oh, man, and I just remembered:
Sakura had to 'photoshop' herself into photos with Sasuke, since she didn't have any.

That's canon! Everything about it was fucked up, yo.

Super
I had hopes for this tournament arc, but I don't think the execution has been great .Step down from the last arc overall to me. Though there is still time for a turnaround.17 carrying it hard.

I'm 5 episodes or so on Boruto but what I've seen of it has been enjoyable. There was an episode about potato chips!

Super Spoilers
The latest episode with Hit was really great.

The arc will get better once we get to the main event. After all the side-characters get their moment in the sun, and the tournament moves into the end game I bet we're going to see a huge up tick in quality.

caliph95

Super Spoilers
The latest episode with Hit was really great.

The arc will get better once we get to the main event. After all the side-characters get their moment in the sun, and the tournament moves into the end game I bet we're going to see a huge up tick in quality.
I'm worried because we went through most of important fighters and don't do anything impressive except for Dyspo for a minute and Jirem

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm waiting for Boruto to tell us about Madara's father who was even more bad ass and over powered than Madara.

I'm worried because we went through most of important fighters and don't do anything impressive except for Dyspo for a minute and Jirem

That's fine considering half the fighters in this tournament are just there to make the U7 cast look good, and honestly they need to at this point.

Seda

How much you wanna bet that (Dragon Ball Super spoiler that everyone knows already)
Sean's Goku Black
is not going to be good.

Moaradin

How much you wanna bet that (Dragon Ball Super spoiler that everyone knows already)
Sean's Goku Black
is not going to be good.

Depends on how adamant he is about doing his stupid Xenoverse voice. Hopefully Funimation is smart enough to shut that shit down.

What's even better is his
Rose transformation in the game has a faux British accent (which is more like what he should sound like), yet Black still has his dumb evil gruff voice. Are we supposed to believe that a transformation completely changes his personality and voice?
It's really dumb.

Seda

Depends on how adamant he is about doing his stupid Xenoverse voice. Hopefully Funimation is smart enough to shut that shit down.

Chris Sabat is the voice director right? I'd like to think he's in tune enough to the franchise and fan base to know better.

Moaradin

Chris Sabat is the voice director right? I'd like to think he's in tune enough to the franchise and fan base to know better.

My worry is that Sean has enough sway to get his way. I remember him being pretty stubborn about the criticism on Twitter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My worry is that Sean has enough sway to get his way. I remember him being pretty stubborn about the criticism on Twitter.

I thought he admitted that they had fucked up and hadn't been told about the twist until a certain point, which is why he changed what he was doing.

cntr

Banned
The lines for Xenoverse are recorded out of context and without much voice direction. People thought Champa and Vados sounded like crap too, but look at what we got in the end.

Though yeah, they'll probably stick to the faux British voice and not the gruff voice.

Morlas

yeah sean did that voice without knowing who the character really was his only direction was don't click if you don't want spoilers
'evil goku' so he just assumed an angrier sounding goku he actually says that he's going to be trying to match Zamasu's va when the time comes

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
yeah sean did that voice without knowing who the character really was his only direction was don't click if you don't want spoilers
'evil goku' so he just assumed an angrier sounding goku he actually says that he's going to be trying to match Zamasu's va when the time comes

Yea. This is what I thought had happened.

cntr

Banned
Don't forget
inter-dimensional people,
Wait, what?

I've heard that too, yeah. Would make sense.

cntr

Banned
You'd think they'd give the same info to the dub VAs as they give the Japanese VAs, but guess not.

Toei gonna Toei.

...then again for all we know, the Japanese VA wasn't told either and did a shit job as well, lol.

Morlas

You'd think they'd give the same info to the dub VAs as they give the Japanese VAs, but guess not.

Toei gonna Toei.

...then again for all we know, the Japanese VA wasn't told either and did a shit job as well, lol.

No Masako Nozawa(jp goku) does an excellent job in the role, i'd say even better than
her regular Goku

cntr

Banned
Hmm.

Neat. Definitely don't blame him if that's the only direction he got for the character lol.
I remember Lebrecht and Glass got almost no direction on how to play Champa and Vados in Xenoverse either and sounded like crap, but they're perfect in Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom