• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like mentioning that I often find MetatronM's schedule posts useful because I have to catch up so often. There is utility there! So thanks for doing them.

No prob.

Tonight on Toonami, Frieza reveals his new ultimate form against Super Saiyan Blue Goku, Majin Buu's childlike facade belies a horrific power, the Scouts continue to give chase deep into Titan country and it's not long before they catch up to the Armored Titan and Ymir, Aogiri has been taking control of new wards behind the strength of an eyepatch-wearing ghoul, Kurapika's throws down his final gambit to use Pakunoda to save Gon and Killua as the Yorknew Arc reaches its finale, Jigen fights for his right to bear arms, Naruto continues to fight off the various Pains but eventually even the Nine-Tails is overwhelmed, the Major goes in for a body swap after the damage sustained in her recent battles while Aramaki tracks a lead regarding his homeless brother, and Jack licks his wounds before taking the fight to the Daughters of Aku.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 25 - A Full-Throttle Battle! The Vengeful Golden Frieza
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 55 - XCIV
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 25 - A Full-Throttle Battle! The Vengeful Golden Frieza
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 124 - Straightaway Into Despair? The Terror of Majin Buu
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 36 - Charge
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 2 - Dancing Flowers
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 58 - Signal × To × Retreat
2:00 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 4 - With a Gun In My Hand
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 165 - Nine-Tails, Captured!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 22 - SCANDAL
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 55 - XCIV

Ray Down

Banned
Bleach anime adaptation is good though. Hell it does Bleach better than the manga
Fuck just looking up Pein arc ends at 450, that means at the very least maybe over 200 or close to 200 chapters is spent on the fucking war...(since I don't think the hokage is over 50 chapters or the following chpaters)

Morlas

the worst part of it is we never got
a hyuga arc since Kishimoto spent too much time wanking over the uchiha and senju

Seda

Last week's Lupin was pretty decent.

Doesn't One Piece anime get kinda blah soon after Toonami left it?

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they replaced Naruto after the Pain arc, but if it is cheap and rates well enough for 2:30, they'll keep it.

Grexeno

Last week's Lupin was pretty decent.

Doesn't One Piece anime get kinda blah soon after Toonami left it?

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they replaced Naruto after the Pain arc, but if it is cheap and rates well enough for 2:30, they'll keep it.
The arc after Toonami cancelled it is maybe the best in the series.

Ray Down

Banned
A lot of people say it's with the arc after Toonami cut off.

I love the following arc after it even more, though I don't know how it translate to the anime.

I just want OP to get more popular and if the anime being on tv helps then I'm OK with that.

Morlas

it gives us one of the best luffy punches ever

tumblr_mn5aymkf4x1rd9d0io1_500.gif

cntr

Banned
Black Clover is at least decent. It's not great either, but it's not actively offensive and bad like Naruto and Bleach.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I think I heard Sabaody(?) is good but what follows is not so good

The One Piece anime is still pretty good for about another 100 episodes or so after the point where Toonami left it. The pacing starts to get pretty bad toward the end of that, but the highs of those arcs help to make up for it.

After that the pacing manages to get even worse, frequently less than a chapter per episode pace, so I'd say there would have been about two more years or so of One Piece being more good than not on average.

Moaradin

Current One Piece is the best it's been in ages in terms of animation quality. The pacing is still shit but hey, what can you do. It's been shit for over a decade now. If you're still watching the anime at this point you kinda just get used to it.

cntr

Banned
One Piece is basically the equivalent of DBZ for 10s Japanese kids (and for Toei's budget office). Same way we didn't care or notice DBZ's animation or pacing problems, they don't care or notice, even if grown-ups do.

One Piece is at the bottom of Toei's priority list when it comes to animation honestly. It's not like it's a big spectacle show like DBS or PreCure. It trounces most programs in the ratings anyway so they figure why bother?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My Stando Non-Canon™ allows me to banish everyone to a dimension where the status quo is maintained at any cost. The price I pay for using it is for every second it is active they make another filler episode of Shippuden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom