• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
tumblr_matuh3aDEo1qivdybo1_500.gif

tumblr_matw1nyHqz1qivdybo1_500.gif

tumblr_lyrtjktUVC1qa42ueo1_500.jpg

The Black Lagoon Omakes are amazing.

Ok, those look pretty good. I'm gonna have to watch all of these then.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the love of god PLEASE tell me the Black Lagoon omakes are dubbed.

I think these are so much funnier than they should be considering how damn serious/dark/etc. the actual show is & then BAM complete shift in tone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not even that the original voice acting is bad, it's fucking fantastic, it's just that the dub is EVEN BETTER.

Gorillaz

That korra/Revy drawing looks like it could actually work storywise.

It would be a better change of pace then the past 2 seasons of whatever they have been doing
tumblr_matuh3aDEo1qivdybo1_500.gif

tumblr_matw1nyHqz1qivdybo1_500.gif

tumblr_lyrtjktUVC1qa42ueo1_500.jpg

The Black Lagoon Omakes are amazing.
haven't watched them before but that looks very

....huh.

edit: there are definitely characters that haven't aired yet in it so.....fair warning.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering that's (most likely, I assume) Remy's JPN VA in the omakes, I can't help but imagine how the dubs would sound....assumingly funny. Shame to hear they weren't dubbed, especially since they're so short.

Though be careful, some of them (like #3) do show some characters we haven't seen yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Considering that's (most likely, I assume) Remy's JPN VA in the omakes, I can't help but imagine how the dubs would sound....assumingly funny. Shame to hear they weren't dubbed, especially since they're so short.

Though be careful, some of them (like #3) do show some characters we haven't seen yet.

I've actually been waiting to link those because of that reason.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've actually been waiting to link those because of that reason.
Omake #4 is odd, because it's one of those "it's only a spoiler if you point it out/think hard about it" spoilers.

It'll be a few more weeks until I'd say it's fully safe to watch the rest of the omakes after #2.

Edit: Omake #6 is....okay in terms of spoilers. Just one shot of some characters we haven't seen yet, but doesn't really spoil anything. It's basically "What if everyone was younger?".

Oh, & it seems some of the omakes were actually adapted from the manga.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I remember laughing for about 5 minutes straight when I got to that page in the manga.

....sadly it's not in the anime version.

Sharpeye

Is there any other animes like Bobobo were it never took itself seriously and parody a lot other animes? I remember when I was 10 watching this show and enjoying it for the most part. Some parts like the gray hair kid turning into a giant and acting like a baby confused me and got me strange looks from my cousin.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is there any other animes like Bobobo were it never took itself seriously and parody a lot other animes? I remember when I was 10 watching this show and enjoying it for the most part. Some parts like the gray hair kid turning into a giant and acting like a baby confused me and got me strange looks from my cousin.

Gin Tama.
It's also a manga.

Gin Tama is supposed to be pretty funny and they parody other anime all the time.

Beaten like a dead cow in the vicinity of Rocky Balboa.

Panel time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_rRY-VHUFI

Toonami Tumblr said:
HEY, TOONAMI FANS! IF YOU COULDN’T COME TO THE MOMOCON PANEL BUT WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, DON’T WORRY- THE GUYS AT HTTP://TOONAMIFAITHFUL.COM WERE THERE ON YOUR BEHALF, AND FILMED IT ALL! HERE’S A VIDEO OF THE FULL PANEL, INCLUDING EVERYTHING THAT WAS SHOWN, AS WELL AS SOME SPECIAL POST PANEL INTERVIEWS WITH TOONAMI STAFF (LIKE THAT GOOFBALL UP THERE) CONDUCTED BY THE TOONAMI FAITHFUL GUYS. CHECK IT OUT, AND THANKS AGAIN TO TOONAMI FAITHFUL AND MOMOCON FOR CAPTURING THIS! TOONAMI FANS ARE THE BEST FANS.

LOVE, THE TOONAMI CREW.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/86991239898/hey-toonami-fans-if-you-couldnt-come-to-the

Ugh, I felt terrible yesterday. I think I caught a nasty sinus infection from somebody. Didnt even get to enjoy my Memorial Day like wanted too. Still feeling like shit this morning too. .m
although I did start watching Orange is the New Black. Awesome show is awesome.

How'd your weekends go?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, I felt terrible yesterday. I think I caught a nasty sinus infection from somebody. Didnt even get to enjoy my Memorial Day like wanted too. Still feeling like shit this morning too. .m

How'd your weekends go?
Yesterday went fine (went to a flea market), but holy crap am I feeling like crap today. Got a terrible headache from the fact I get them whenever a storm is about to happen (something with the air pressure), then as I'm taking my sister to school, my eyes start to really hurt, then I'm starting to lose all my energy, & then when I was buying a VGA monitor cable, my stomach gave in so I had to rush to the bathroom and throw up my breakfast.

& of course this has to happen on the day I donate plasma....

daveo42

Banned

How'd your weekends go?

I slept a ton over the weekend after an out patient procedure on Friday. Nice to rest but I felt like I accomplished next to nothing all weekend outside of playing some Wolfenstein yesterday, playing disc golf on Saturday, and watching Toonami. Maybe I'll be more productive this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom