• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

i watched one episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

it was terrible.

Watch Spectacular. The whole series is on Blu-ray. It is a shame since EMH and SS were two great shows airing back to back and Disney's acquisition quashed any hope of Marvel getting a good series any time soon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Spec Tac Ular
Spec Tac Ular
Spider Man!

Spec Tac Ular
Spec Tac Ular
Spider Man!

Watch Spectacular. The whole series is on Blu-ray. It is a shame since EMH and SS were two great shows airing back to back and Disney's acquisition quashed any hope of Marvel getting a good series any time soon.

i saw a handful on and off. it was pretty good, though i wasn't a huge fan of the art style. i'm praying for Netflix at this point.

seriously though, Ultimate Spider-Man is the textbook definition of "trying too hard." it throws in all these silly sound effects and cutaway gags, and none of them are funny. and even if they were funny, they'd have to be fucking hilarious to make up for how obnoxious it is that they keep throwing them at you.

789shadow

Banned
I think the reason we got Beware the Batman instead of any other Batman show is:

1. It's super fucking cheap
2. DC doesn't care about Beware the Batman, so they don't really give a shit about it being associated with Adult Swim

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
seriously though, Ultimate Spider-Man is the textbook definition of "trying too hard." it throws in all these silly sound effects and cutaway gags, and none of them are funny. and even if they were funny, they'd have to be fucking hilarious to make up for how obnoxious it is that they keep throwing them at you.
Is it one of those shows that feels like it has to have constant noise in order to keep the interest of the viewer, i.e Johnny Test, Big Time Rush, etc.? I can't stand shows like those.

I think the reason we got Beware the Batman instead of any other Batman show is:

2. DC doesn't care about Beware the Batman, so they don't really give a shit about it being associated with Adult Swim
That and probably because it's the newest. i can't imagine BtB is any cheaper than The Batman or Brave and the Bold.

i think the fact that it had unaired episodes is the main thing.

Is it one of those shows that feels like it has to have constant noise in order to keep the interest of the viewer, i.e Johnny Test, Big Time Rush, etc.? I can't stand shows like those.

it is exactly that.

Sharpeye

65 episodes seem fine

I remember reading that the reason the show was cancelled was because the big wigs wanted a more serious Batman, they even made a joke about this in the show with the fake Batgirl CGI trailer. So we ended up with Beware which ended up getting canned anyway.

daveo42

Banned
Teen Titans Go and Batman:Brave and the Bold do a better job at making me laugh.

Teen Titans Go makes me laugh occasionally, but it's mostly there to make you laugh and not be serious at all. I do miss the seriousness of the original Teen Titans and I liked most of the episodes.

I've skipped out on a lot of DC/Marvel TV shows in the past.

studies is for losers, tempted to rewatch too(spectacular that is), along with avengers and maybe a bit of G gundam thrown in just cause

tumblr_n65qklUmvb1sh8110o4_1280.jpg

Female Space Dandy?

Yes, please.
KPQOalX.png

Sharpeye

I imagine at some point there will a space Dandy episode were the entire cast will switch genders, even the Narrator. Call it Space Dally.

Soulflarz

Banned
I have the chrome add on "XKCD Substitutions" so every time I see the words Space i see "Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace" and its really throwing me off to see spaaaaaaaace dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom