• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSBdduk9EIsH70

zlCfzSBfYKEb-rJpL6

zlCfzSBgxyQWciHt-m

zlCfzSBiogI7yMhww2

LATER.

daveo42

Banned
Octis is pretty great. Haha at Lance and Ilana trying to come up with meaning in that painting.

6am means I made it for the first time since I started watching Toonami with you folks. It also means it's time for sleepy time. Glad I was able to make it to that episode of SBT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
5 good episodes of Bleach in a row. I'm sure this hasn't happened since the SS arc ended.

Maybe since Nel was last around if I'm being generous.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well done SAB CA

By the way, I'm starting a "Is Bright Noa gonna have to slap a bitch" meme. Haha
Thanks! And... right before E3 eh? I predict "YES" and "Often". You've truly made it when it becomes a Bish BanHammer Image Macro ;-)

Is the sketch dump on drugs this week?

It's too perfect.

No more drugs than the normal amount of HaIp X I've seen A lot of This B4! I really had no idea what I was going to do for this weeks until like.. 3 min before starting the cover, haha. Every Sketch Dump is 1/4th a day's worth of happy accidents.

Octis is pretty great. Haha at Lance and Ilana trying to come up with meaning in that painting.

6am means I made it for the first time since I started watching Toonami with you folks. It also means it's time for sleepy time. Glad I was able to make it to that episode of SBT.

Octis had this Ep to make sure he'd be part of future Toonami MVs/Speeches. SO SMART. Congrats on making your first 6.5 Hour challenge, BTW!

Nah. We T3 this week. Cracked me up to see all those different announcements, SAB. Especially the Bitchman one. Shovelware indeed. Well done.

Especially after Black Lagoon, it's like seeing Wonderbook presented after Metal Gear Rising or something... I give his computer props for "Where was humpty last seen?" "The Wall;" however. Must be a cousin to Octis.

T3 sketch dump fantastic. I wonder how many feels the Jack game will have at launch.
I'd love to see the GIFs in that thread, haha. Pages of WHHHHHAAAAAA would go on for days...

haha Im lovin the artstyle you choosed tonight

LATER

This was a fun one! Spent too much time on SogeKING, but he deserves it. Smaller size helped me put a bit more color / neatness in without totally killing my pacing, so I'm quite glad ya like it! First color DUMP in a good while...

MikeMyers

Thanks! And... right before E3 eh? I predict "YES" and "Often". You've truly made it when it becomes a Bish BanHammer Image Macro ;.

I'm actually making it for a friend, but maybe it'll show up in a Community thread.

Why the hell did Hirotaka Suzuoki not show up in SM and slap Tuxedo Kamen? It should have happened.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goooood morning everyone. Last night had a surprising amount of boring...

Attack on Titan
Backstory! Now you see part of why Eren is a psycho, and why Mikasa is a stoic badass.
Also the "schoolgirl Titan". Seriously, what were they thinking with that?

Bleach
95% filler... It's weird how the animation team likely knew at that point they were cancelled yet still padded things out.

Shippuden
A flashback that tries to invoke emotions... and completely fails. Also, more hindsight jokes from Sakura

One Piece
Fuck you nature! Punching through a giant tsunami!
Also, SOGEKING! Do NOT miss next week.

Blue Exorcist
Zzzzzzzz. Yeah, we're filler for the rest of the series. My apathy grows.

Black Lagoon
This show continues to be absolutely nuts. Yay violence!
The accents though....

Beware the Batman
This is why BtB's whole "obscure villains only" schtick failed, it's hard to make a villain called "Humpty Dumpty" seem like a threat.

Goooood morning everyone. Last night had a surprising amount of boring...

Bleach
95% filler... It's weird how the animation team likely knew at that point they were cancelled yet still padded things out.

To be fair with the fact they on a "slow paced episode" end up adapting 3-4 chapters worth of content they may have had to do this expanded arc filler just to keep from catching the manga

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Great stuff. Loved that Jack one ;_;
What do we have to do get P* to make Revynetta?

Nooo, people need to stop harassing Platinum with games they could make.
People kept begging JP and Kamiya for a KLK game, and now it's guaranteed to never be made.
"FOR THE 10000000000000 TIME I WILL BLOCK KILL SOMETHING IDIOTS! FUCK OFF!"

To be fair with the fact they on a "slow paced episode" end up adapting 3-4 chapters worth of content they may have had to do this expanded arc filler just to keep from catching the manga

True... Bleach is so badly paced that 3-4 chapters are needed for one episode.

I didn't find Bleach to be slow last night but can see how others might. Missed Attack on Titan and got home during the tail end of Dandy's best episode. Seriously, I can't gush in here enough about how much I love Plants Are Livings Things Too, Baby. The music, art direction, and writing all come together to form something that borders on the edge of perfection in my opinion. Next week is going to be amazing as well, I know a lot of people in here are fans of There's Always Tomorrow, Baby.

One Piece was great too. Hypetrain inbound!

EDIT: I almost forgot to talk about Shippuden..that's how boring and forgettable the episode was. I feel like this show is nothing but flashbacks; this needs to get better soon or I'm going to drop it.

Apparently Nintendo is selling Wii U's for around $200 now. If it's the 32GB version, I'll be buying one after E3 week finishes up. That's way too good of a deal to pass up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SURPRISE, NEW 64GB MODEL/BUNDLE!(?)

I just hope this year the Nintendo stream doesn't lag/buffer as much compared to last year. It's always the press conference I'm most interested in, 2nd being Sony.

I'm going to miss Nintendo not having a proper conference, the hype just doesn't feel the same to me. Some of my fondest E3 memories include the Brawl reveal trailer, Miyamoto coming onstage with the master sword/hyrulian shield during the Twilight Princess reveal, Reggie's debut speech, the Cammy Dunaway disaster, Wii Music hilarity, etc...I could go on for hours.

TheChits

Power went out last night. Just caught Black Lagoon. Hoooooooly shit what an episode. If season 2 can match the quality of the first season, then this will easily be one of of my favorite shows.
I hope Nintendo's E3 direct has a bit more flair like their recent directs

Directs are fine, and to each their own, but I prefer the atmosphere of a press conference. There's just something about seeing a mass of journalists huddled inside of an auditorium reacting in real time to announcements. It also allows for improvisation, since the show isn't pre-recorded, which gives us hilariously awkward moments. Directs are fine if you just want straight announcements but it's a lifeless event doesn't mesh with the spirit of E3, I prefer the human element (for lack of a better term) you get with a presser.

Has there ever been confirmation the Nintendo's thing will be pre-recorded? Everyone seems to be assuming it will be because of previous Directs, but since they deliberately are not using that name makes me wonder.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm going to miss Nintendo not having a proper conference, the hype just doesn't feel the same to me. Some of my fondest E3 memories include the Brawl reveal trailer, Miyamoto coming onstage with the master sword/hyrulian shield during the Twilight Princess reveal, Reggie's debut speech, the Cammy Dunaway disaster, Wii Music hilarity, etc...I could go on for hours.

Brawl reveal was the day after their 2006 conference.

That said, their 2006 conference itself will never be topped.

daveo42

Banned
I feel like I should go back to sleep. My rundown from last night:

AoT
Only real point of the episode was to cement Mikasa as one of the most skilled and dangerous humans in the series and that those in control of this current society are a sick and twisted lot.

Bleach
Missed the first few minutes but I felt I didn't miss much. Mostly a filler episode as setup for Ichigo finally joining Xcution. Wasn't boring, but sad to see another filler episode.

Dandy
I realize I'm missing out by not doing drugs. Still the best animated episode with one of the best soundtracks.

Shippuden
Ninja's apparently aren't good at acting on clear warning signs in flashbacks. Sympathy for foes is fine if you can actually make a logical reason why you should feel sorry for them. Sasori's just insane and Chiyo is to blame as a horrible guardian.

One Piece
Fuck mother nature right in it's watery ass. Best character of the arc has now arrived with Sogeking.

Blue Exorcist
Actually surprised by how quickly the show feels like its moving now. I might start enjoying it more if we keep up this pace through to the end of the show, regardless of filler from now to the end. I just hope we avoid a massive shit ending like we did with Bones Eater.

Black Lagoon
Nice ending to the first season with a few really great character moments and some pretty intense action. Chinglish and Twinkie proving to be hardasses.

Beware the Batman
MK8...I can't stand watching that show anymore.

OG Naruto
Naruto as brash as ever, and even if it is cocky, he's inspiring confidence in his allies outside of Sakura. He just doesn't have the power or skill to really back that up yet.

FMA: B
Nothing but tears. Always a hard episode to watch.

Samurai Jack
Remember the past. Push forward towards the future. I don't remember this episode but it was a great look at the events that shaped his childhood. Young Jack is also made of pure d'awwwwwwwww.

Clone Wars
Epic levels of stupidity everywhere. Also I loved Schad's clone commentary.

SBT
Genndy has a way with framing in all his shows. Pretty solid character moment for Octis though it doesn't feel nearly as weighty on a second watch.

And with that, my first 6.5hr challenge under my belt.

Apparently Nintendo is selling Wii U's for around $200 now. If it's the 32GB version, I'll be buying one after E3 week finishes up. That's way too good of a deal to pass up.

Now I wish I had waited on buying a Wii U. Not disappointed with my purchase, but getting it for cheaper would have been totally sweet.

Has there ever been confirmation the Nintendo's thing will be pre-recorded? Everyone seems to be assuming it will be because of previous Directs, but since they deliberately are not using that name makes me wonder.

Why would it not be pre-recorded? I thought that was the whole point of not having a press conference.

Brawl reveal was the day after their 2006 conference.

That said, their 2006 conference itself will never be topped.

It was at an after hours press conference, not the main one; I should have specified. The point I was trying to make was that I like the atmosphere pressers bring. Seeing those raw, unfiltered emotions in real time is something special.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't think the after hours press conference was ever released in full or streamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom