• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I want another Best Buy eshop card sale, no way what I have on there is going to last.

Literally the only thing I'm disappointed in was Xenoblade Chronicles X being moved to 2015. I think I can deal. Hyrule Warriors also excited me even though it'll probably be more of the same because I haven't Musou'd it up in almost a decade now.

Captain Toad is probably my biggest surprise. I loved those levels.

and I still wonder about that Mother 3 reference.

Star Fox showed up after being mentioned in Robot Chicken.
Mario showed up after being mentioned in Robot Chicken.
Mother 3 was mentioned in Robot Chicken.

bigkrev

A wiiu bundled with smash, the gc adapter, and a gc controller could sell truckloads this holiday

Like I said, I'm worried that game isn't coming this year. When it was originally Summer for 3DS and Holiday for WiiU, it made sense to split the release dates because that's a long time. But with 3DS version being pushed to October, if they were getting the WiiU version out anytime close to that, it would make more sense to hold the 3DS version to release simultaneously. If it would slip past Black Friday, they loose almost nothing by delaying it to January/February.

and I still wonder about that Mother 3 reference.

It's Nintendo's Vib Ribbon of the Sony presser. Read nothing into it.

Gorillaz

probably a good policy. If they do another game promotion like with MK8 or a decent bundle that might be a good tipping point
Yea I'll wait for a bundle before I pull the trigger

Overall E3 this year felt like a "don't worry we got you next year" type of deal. Which is what I thought last year was going to be. Whatever, need to save some money anyway. The entire energy of it all is always more 'fun'

Meanwhile, over at Funimation...

ab6d67575f4e33fd66658a42f5df3da0_large.jpg

The next level of immersive gaming has arrived.

Dear Funimation Fans,

We've listened to what you've been telling us and we know that a lot of you are avid gamers. That's why we're happy to share with you that we are launching a Kickstarter with our partner Immerz, to bring you a unique and rewarding gaming experience — KOR-FX Immersive Gaming Vest.

KOR-FX works by transforming the audio coming from your games into pinpointed, high-definition feedback. You'll be able to feel the onscreen action and environmental factors like enemy vehicles approaching, or detect which direction a sniper is firing from.

KOR-FX is fully compatible with PCs, Macs, game consoles, tablets, and most devices with a 3.5mm audio jack.

We are really excited about launching this on Kickstarter. Please check out our campaign page and support a new kind of gaming experience.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Funimation

...the hell?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm afraid to do the math (plus I hope Best Buy does another card sale before fall begins) but this is what I am buying this year and next on Nintendo platforms.

Smash 3DS
Smash Wii U
Hyrule Warriors
Monster Hunter 4U
Shantae (no idea which platform yet)
Shovel Knight (see above)
Zelda
Bayonetta
Yoshi's Wooly World
THEATRHYTHM CURTAIN CALL
Gucamelee
Swords and Soldiers 2
Pier Solar
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Fantasy Life
Captain Toad
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Layton X Phoenix Wright
Persona Q
Unlimited World Red (3DS or Wii U again, not decided)
Both Pokémon games
Song of Seasons
and most likely the Nu "Harvest Moon"

and 90% of the stuff Capcom announced for VC on one platform or another

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A wiiu bundled with smash, the gc adapter, and a gc controller could sell truckloads this holiday
Won't include the Wii U system, but for $100, you get the game, adapter, & controller in a bundle, which I still think is a good idea. Would still be a good idea if a system bundle was done, but at the very least, I'm glad for the game bundle since I'm sure they knew a ton of the fans would get the adapter. Might skip the bundle since I have 2 GCN controllers, though wouldn't mind the Smash brand controller.

Splatoon was probably the most interesting new thing to come out of them today. I really would like a different take on "shooters" and that might be one of the more interesting out there.
Agreed. I don't think I'm fully convinced, but I was still intrigued with how they were trying to be different.

& for the rest of the direct, I think the only thing that I wasn't excited for was the Pokemon game. They went an interesting route with Mii Fighters, Palutena looks fun to play as, Hyrule Warriors looks great (dat Ganondorf tease), Bayonetta 2 to include original w/ bonus costume is awesome, Yoshi's Woolly World looks so damn adorable, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse also looks great and nice to see a sequel to Canvas Curse, Captain Toad should hopefully work great as a digital title, & I'm reminded I need to go back & work on Xenoblade. Also, I'm hoping those figures aren't too expensive because I want to collect them all.

Also FINALLY a release date for Professor Layton x Ace Attorney. & STAR FOX IS BACK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Like I said, I'm worried that game isn't coming this year. When it was originally Summer for 3DS and Holiday for WiiU, it made sense to split the release dates because that's a long time. But with 3DS version being pushed to October, if they were getting the WiiU version out anytime close to that, it would make more sense to hold the 3DS version to release simultaneously. If it would slip past Black Friday, they loose almost nothing by delaying it to January/February.

It's Nintendo's Vib Ribbon of the Sony presser. Read nothing into it.

Considering the WiiU got a holiday bump both in the West and in Japan last year despite the launch of the Xbox One and the PS4 I'd say it's in their best interest to have the game out before Christmas

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually wondered what it would take to get me to forget about DQ VII not being there, nor any sign of a MH4U port, or even a likely delay for SSB4 Wii U or X...and they delivered just that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nobody except hardcores cares about GC controllers.

A Smash bundle would probably do OK.

I care and I love the Wii U pro controller.

GCN pad tho, that shit is cash when it comes to playing certain games, Smash being one of them. My wavebirds will fly again, plus I'll get a wired controller or two.

daveo42

Banned
The only people who care about GC controllers on the Wii U are tournament players and enthusiasts. The vast majority will use the gamepad or a Wii Motion Plus.

I'll be buying an adapter, but I suspect those who do will be in the minority.

bigkrev

I care and I love the Wii U pro controller.

GCN pad tho, that shit is cash when it comes to playing certain games, Smash being one of them. My wavebirds will fly again, plus I'll get a wired controller or two.

I think the point he was making was that most of the people who would care about Gamecube controllers already own a WiiU

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People now seem to think that Bayo 1 will only be in retail copies of Bayonetta 2 and not on the eshop. Looking at the various Bayonetta 2 sites shows no mention of the eshop.

I came so close to going discless again (finally got NSMBU and will replace Zombi U soon, wish TTT2 would go on sale in America) but I'll break that streak if I have to. Put it with the eshop version though.

bigkrev

People now seem to think that Bayo 1 will only be in retail copies of Bayonetta 2 and not on the eshop. Looking at the various Bayonetta 2 sites shows no mention of the eshop.

I came so close to going discless again (finally got NSMBU and will replace Zombi U soon, wish TTT2 would go on sale in America) but I'll break that streak if I have to. Put it with the eshop version though.

I have 3 possible responses
1.) Nintendo is afraid that stores won't stock the game without strong pre-orders, so they made an incentive to go to a store and pre-order the game
2.) Nintendo has no fucking clue what they are doing online.
3.) This is bullshit

I'm going with option 3- though i'm tempted to go through the old CAG threads to find out how quickly Bayonetta was clearance out at Target. If it was pretty quick, 1 isn't out of the realm of possiblity

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm leaning towards oversight myself.

Besides whatever oddity had them take off the digital version of Nintendoland from the US eshop Nintendo has been gung ho about digital parity for their first party stuff ever since NSMB2.

Fucking ace conference. I loved Splatoon, the new Zelda, and X the most. My only grip is the same thing I have with E3 as a whole, where all the games I actually want to play are in 2015. Also I wish they would have announce that Bayo 1 would come with Bayo 2 so I wouldn't have had to bite the bullet and play the PS3 version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
the Captain Toad gameplay feed is so good
I'm surprised this is gonna be retail. I wonder if it'll be like NSLU where it's cheaper via eShop then a bit more for a physical version. In any case, it's great to see it more fleshed out, as they were nice little distractions in 3D World.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They basically have been hinting at just this all year, so I'm not surprised.

It'll probably be out by the time I'm done with this Nintendo backlog in 2017.

Amikami

Banned
Just finished watching Nintendo's presentation, going into it without having been spoiled at all. Boy, did that do a number on me. I'm all giddy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also Squid Girl the third person shooter, I can't believe this is real.
This is a cross-promo that needs to happen. Squid Girl as a DLC character or the beach that the anime/manga takes place on as a stage.

Also, Nintendo just made a NON-VIOLENT SHOOTER.

Whoops, didn't mean to double post.

I still think the Wii U is going to lag behind PS4/XBO in terms of sales this holiday season despite having the best overall library. I can tell you my friends won't purchase it because:

1. It's weaker hardware
2. There's no third party support
3. Everything good is coming out in 2015 with the exception of Smash Bros which will drop late holiday season this year

The masses in general only buy one console and I don't think Nintendo did enough today to convince anyone other than the hardcore enthusiast that the Wii U is the one to own this fall. Not getting Call of Duty, Madden, NBA 2K, Fifa, Ass Creed, or Destiny is going to hurt. I think the neogaf crowd tends to look at things in a vaccum sometimes when this forum isn't representative of the public at large.

This is just anecdotal evidence though so I could be wrong.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is a cross-promo that needs to happen. Squid Girl as a DLC character or the beach that the anime/manga takes place on as a stage.

Also, Nintendo just made a NON-VIOLENT SHOOTER.

Whoops, didn't mean to double post.

It also looks incredibly fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Huh, S-E PR isn't mentioning anything about a Vita release, just the current gen consoles. Only source for Vita is the headline on the PS Blog, and Vita isn't mentioned in the body of the text.
http://press.na.square-enix.com/rel...al-fantasy-type0-and-final-fantasy-agito-for-

Hmmmm....

To be fair it is false advertising if you're using the HD moniker on Vita games. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened a bunch already.

EDIT: Seems Bayo 1 is in fact retail only. Might have something to do with some weird publishing arrangement with the first game. Oh well, it will be the last disc I buy most likely.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FF Type-0 HD is PS4/X1 only, no Vita. Dang, was thinking of getting it on Vita, guess I might get it when I eventually get a PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom