• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

After that trailer they said more news on 15 would be steady flowing through the year...and here we are

Square might be dead to me tbh

daveo42

Banned
Valve has never publicly admitted even working on HL 3. Episode 3 was real at one point.

HL3 is based more on speculation that they wouldn't release a 2-5hr game after the time between Episode 2 and now. They've at least publicly stated that that they aren't in production of a new Half Life game.

Gorillaz

Half Life series, if you noticed, is only used as a trojan horse for Valve stuff. HL1 kind of got them on the map. HL2 got them to trojan horse steam (because people took a shit on steam back then for having to use it in to play HL2) and I can see HL3, if they make it, be the game to push the "steambox" or whatever they are planning.

TGS will have...an extra 15 seconds.

'Now in Development'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Half Life series, if you noticed, is only used as a trojan horse for Valve stuff. HL1 kind of got them on the map. HL2 got them to trojan horse steam (because people took a shit on steam back then for having to use it in to play HL2) and I can see HL3, if they make it, be the game to push the "steambox" or whatever they are planning.

'Now in Development'

Steam legit sucked back when it first came out. crashed all the time, all of its companion pieces blew, its friends list was a disaster. The only thing it had right on day one was blazing fast connection speeds.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
gKsgaYi.gif

why do you keep posting this over and over

I don't get it

daveo42

Banned
just got done watching Sony's presser. Meh

And who the fuck cares about that Powers show bullshit?

Please let me try out Destiny Alpha

I'm excited for the Powers show, but it had absolutely no place at the Sony conference. I still can't believe they wasted something like 10mins on that one show and brought Bendis out to talk about it. The Halo TV show tie-ins were bad enough with MS, but at least that was video game related. The Powers portion was leagues worse than that.

Raxus

I'm excited for the Powers show, but it had absolutely no place at the Sony conference. I still can't believe they wasted something like 10mins on that one show and brought Bendis out to talk about it. The Halo TV show tie-ins were bad enough with MS, but at least that was video game related. The Powers portion was leagues worse than that.

Giantbomb pointed out they really got to save that shit for CES but corporate probably (see certainly) pressures them into doing this corporate synergy crap into their conference each year.

I can believe it. Sony is a mess outside the games division.

I don't have a problem with the halo tv series getting time at Microsoft's presser, it is their flag ship series and if the shows story ties into Halo 5 Guardians then a bunch of Halo fans are going to want info about it.

The powers thing was dumb for Sony to show, I was okay with the Ratchet and Clank movie trailer though that felt like it was okay to tease/show at this presser as it has its start and root in video games and it lead to a R&C remake announcement

bigkrev

All my meetings today got moved up to be early, so I should be able to watch some of Nintendo assuming it doesn't die.

BTW, my top 10 games (must have been more than just an announcement)

1. No Man's Sky
2. Cuphead
3. Inside (Limbo team game)
4. The Order 1886
5. Far Cry 4
6. Abzu
7. Destiny
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Ori
10. Evolve

Trailer/Announcement standouts: Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Criterion's untitled "GoPro" game, Star Wars.

Raxus

You listed Abu twice lol.

I guess I am playing Destiny, FC4, ACU and a BUUUUUUUUNCH of indies this year on my PS4. I need my WiiU to save me :(

Favorite trailer so far?

Farcry 4 and Magicka 2

bigkrev

You listed Abu twice lol.

I guess I am playing Destiny, FC4, ACU and a BUUUUUUUUNCH of indies this year on my PS4. I need my WiiU to save me :(

Favorite trailer so far?

Farcry 4 and Magicka 2

That second one was supposed to be Ori. People need to stop making all games with dumb names

All my meetings today got moved up to be early, so I should be able to watch some of Nintendo assuming it doesn't die.

BTW, my top 10 games (must have been more than just an announcement)

1. No Man's Sky
2. Cuphead
3. Inside (Limbo team game)
4. The Order 1886
5. Far Cry 4
6. Abzu
7. Destiny
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Ori
10. Evolve

Trailer/Announcement standouts: Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Criterion's untitled "GoPro" game, Star Wars.

I'd drop the order for sunset overdrive but besides that I largely agree.

bigkrev

I'm real curious to see what an actual
Star Fox
game actually is. The last "real" one was on
Nintendo 64, so naturally a lot has happened since then. Is it still a rail based shooter?

The other 2 seem like prototypes, in the vein of Criterion's GoPro, so it's going to be hard to judge them as games yet.

I'm real curious to see what an actual
Star Fox
game actually is. The last "real" one was on
Nintendo 64, so naturally a lot has happened since then. Is it still a rail based shooter?

The other 2 seem like prototypes, in the vein of Criterion's GoPro, so it's going to be hard to judge them as games yet.

Well the GC had
Star Fox Assault which was still pretty awesome even if it wasn't everyone's cup of tea

daveo42

Banned
Star Fox
is the big news from the massive leak.

The other two sound interesting, but seem much more gimmicky to me. Could be completely wrong, but that's what they sound like to me. Both do sound like they could be fun.

Star Fox is the big news from the massive leak.

The other two sound interesting, but seem much more gimmicky to me. Could be completely wrong, but that's what they sound like to me. Both do sound like they could be fun.

I can't get excited about those until an actual game is released, otherwise they'll just be the new project Hammer

daveo42

Banned
Was that game even Miyamoto helmed?
These two games are backed by him, pretty sure they'll be released.

We don't know when yet or how deep they'll actually be at launch. I'm sure they'll be good, but they seem much more like mini games right now than full fledged games.

bigkrev

Well the GC had
Star Fox Assault which was still pretty awesome even if it wasn't everyone's cup of tea

And Star Fox Command also exists, but if Assault wasn't everyones cup of tee (and until I checked Wikipedia, I thought it was an arcade game that was ported to Gamecube), Command then proceeded to piss in those cups. I still stand by my statement that 64 was the last real game in the series. I just think it's going to be a tough sell at 59.99 if it's another short, on-rails singleplayer, unless the Multiplayer is Call of Duty levels of content. I'm really curious to see what the game actually is, because I trust that they wouldn't revisit the franchise 15 years later unless they are doing something major to it. I don't think its KI: Uprising levels of new stuff, but I can hope...

Raxus

Super Mario 3D World is magical. Just got off the hype (coin) train.

I am looking forward to see what else they have to present.

bigkrev

Actually, the more I think about it, No Man's Sky is probably pretty close to what I would want my next-gen
Star Fox
. There are planets to explore like Adventure, dogfights going on in space, and "conflict" planets that play like Assault with land and air battles. You don't need to make the universe gigantic, maybe have something like 10-20 planets, and make it a persistent online world.

That is how you make a next-gen
Star Fox game, and you call it Star Fox Universe.
And now I have properly set myself up to be massively disappointed by whatever it actually is.

daveo42

Banned
I don't plan on seeing a new Metroid game for some time.

Lol at SMT x FE talk on IGN. I really hope this game still exists, but I'm having some major doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom