• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nintendo destroyed this years E3, and the fact they apparently still have more stuff to announce tomorrow makes my head spin

It makes sense, today was like 95% Wii U focused. The only 3DS games they talked about were Pokemon ORAS and a bit of Smash.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuck Cina

PwAdFz0.gif

HOW COULD YOU?!

Not hating on pacman, but I didn't even know that was a character people wanted in. Im indifferent to it

Wanted isn't the right word.

Expected since Namco Bandai was doing the grunt programming this time.

What Man God said

While I wouldn't include Pac Man in my personal top 30-50 characters I'd want to play/see in Smash Bros, if you asked me to make a 30-50 character roster of Nintendo's biggest icons/stars along with 2-4 3rd party characters that are both major stars/icons and have had a presence on Nintendo platforms/history he'd be my 3rd pick after Sonic and Mega Man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pac-Man is a flagship character, no doubt about that. He does look incredible though.

The newcomers in general this time around are god tier. I never thought they'd top Brawl in this department but they easily have.

bigkrev

I hope Pac-Man is fun to play, unlike in SFxT. Then again, SFxT is a terrible broken game, so anything would be better than that

Amikami

Banned
Nintendo destroyed this years E3, and the fact they apparently still have more stuff to announce tomorrow makes my head spin

I was hoping they'd bring out the big guns this year, but they exceeded my expectations. It's hard to believe and I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Doomed Nintendo is a forced to be reckoned with.

Takashi

Wanted isn't the right word.

Expected since Namco Bandai was doing the grunt programming this time.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

Like Bass said he is a very iconic character so he deserves to be in, I just got mixed up and thought he was very much wanted or something.

bigkrev

maybe in some last minute release day surprise.

Hell exactly as many MGS games hit Nintendo platforms (VC excluded for the moment) between the release of Melee and Brawl as will between Brawl and 4.

You are reminding me that The Twin Snakes exists and my blood pressure is rising as those hacks at Silicon Knights ruined one of the greatest games of all time

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Snake was my favorite new big, but now with dat Palutena and Rosalina in there...

EDIT: Twin Snakes is a treasure, but let's not have that NeoGAF classic fight out right here.

bigkrev

So, all this Nintendo stuff inspired me to try Dolphin out for the first time last night. I'm actually kind of amazed how simple it is to use- you don't need a BIOS file or anything, and just maxing out all the settings was getting me an average of 56FPS at 4x Natural resolution, so I don't need to futz around with it too much

It REALLY did not like my Xbox One controller though. It recognized it as an Xbox controller, but it refused to let me map the Dpad functions on it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So, all this Nintendo stuff inspired me to try Dolphin out for the first time last night. I'm actually kind of amazed how simple it is to use- you don't need a BIOS file or anything, and just maxing out all the settings was getting me an average of 56FPS at 4x Natural resolution, so I don't need to futz around with it too much

It REALLY did not like my Xbox One controller though. It recognized it as an Xbox controller, but it refused to let me map the Dpad functions on it.

360 pads work well...but has dat assy dpad anyways. It works about as well as one that isn't recognized.

I've got mine set up with the Wii U pro controller and it works well. Wii remote+CCP is what I used before that.

Jintor

the thing that eventually turned me off dolphin was its tendency to mysteriously crash at random after like an hour or two (well, that and the xenoblade sound glitching). made me paranoid about saving every possible instance. I loved the upressing but I don't really want to play a game like that ever again.

it was also hell to bugfix because it took like an hour before it would crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom