• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Get a good studio behind Codename S.T.E.A.M and it would probably make a good Toonami show :p

so Viz announced they have the first arc of the Jojo manga now.

and that they have some more Jojo-related announcements for Anime Expo.

AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

It's happening.gif?

This is going to become the Nintendo Last Guardian in terms of denial, isn't it?

Also, first review for Super Smash on WiiU is up.

SMT x FE was announced last year. Last Guardian was announced.......7 years ago? Not sure the comparison is apt yet :p

Got to Best Buy sometime between 3 and 4pm, but it was a real bitch getting there. Combination of heavy pouring rain and mid-to-high dense fog while on the freeway spells potential recipe of disaster. Got to the store and there were people already playing and a long crowd. Didn't sign up since I was spending most of my time helping out the Nintendo rep, answering questions regarding group numbers, handing out Mario 3D World cat ears & stickers, and mainly chilling while playing Streetpass games. Did get a chance to play one 2 min round. Played as Zero Suit Samus and won. Have a red wristband for Saturday so I don't have to sign up again

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So you're saying you lost your way?

You had ONE JOB.

Also I'm disappointed in the internet. Tonight was going to be a Chad themed gif dump...and I only found that one that was any good, and it's basically an Itsygo gif.

Crocodile

I honestly don't remember, but I do remember people saying it was CG or a cut scene or whatever because the WiiU couldn't possibly make a game that looks like that.

"Tons of other developers showed mostly/nothing but CGI trailers, clearly Nintendo must be doing it too!' :p

Jintor

This is off topic, but any of you guys want a 12-month PS+ code? I stupidly did not realise that amazon gives out NA PSN codes and don't work in EU. I'll undercut the current $40 deal by $5.

Sorry for advertising but I need to offload this otherwise I'll forget it within a matter of days because i'm clearly an idiot

Welp I'll eat crow for saying that was probably a custscene. Still not going to get hyped over something that won't come out until next year at the earliest.

If we're not going to get hyped for games coming in 2015 there's like 5 games at the entire E3 show floor that we can get excited for <_<

Raxus

If we're not going to get hyped for games coming in 2015 there's like 5 games at the entire E3 show floor that we can get excited for <_<

I can't wait to play Destiny, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and errrrrr...sim racers? I kind of regret getting my PS4 so early seeing as most games I want to play got pushed to 2015.

But wait, we can enjoy all the games from 2013 ALL OVER AGAIN!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors, Layton X Ace Attorney, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire, Story of Seasons, Danganronpa 2, Destiny.

That's retail only. I could add around 30 digital only games I'm super excited about. The rest of 2014 is fine.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't wait to play Destiny, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and errrrrr...sim racers? I kind of regret getting my PS4 so early seeing as most games I want to play got pushed to 2015.

But wait, we can enjoy all the games from 2013 ALL OVER AGAIN!

PS4 is working out good for me with Destiny and Call of Duty. I skipped out on Last of Us and GTA5 so that'll help fill some time if need be. I don't buy too many games. Usually just your Assassin's Creed, your Call of Duty and some JRPGs.

-edit-

Oh yeah, I think I'll give Far Cry 4 a shot, never played the rest of them.

bigkrev

Games I want to play this year
-Far Cry 4
-Assassin's Creed Unity
-Evolve
-Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
-Ori and the Blind Forest
-Danganronpa 2
-Panopticon Freedom Wars (god I'll never get the name right)
-Hearthstone expansion
-Persona 4 Arena 2
-Ultra Street Fighter 4
-Hotline Miami 2
-NHL 15 (next gen version)
-The Crew

And I'm willing to bet that at least a dozen other small games come across my radar over the year

bigkrev

I'm actually more worried about next years E3- we already know everything that's coming out next year. The schedule can't hold anything more once you factor in the new Battlefield/CoD/AC/NFS/ect.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For this year, looking forward to:

- Danganronpa 2 (LE pre-ordered)
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (also pre-ordered)
- Hyrule Warriors
- Pushmo World (can't wait to get it next week)
- One Piece Unlimited World Red (not sure if I'll get at launch for Vita)
- Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney (FINALLY, a release date)
- Ace Attorney Trilogy
- Theatrhythm Curtain Call
- Super Smash Bros. (both systems)
- Bayonetta 2
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Persona Q
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

List time? Okay

Hyrule Warriors
Pushmo World
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Layton vs Ace Attorney
Theatrhythm Curtain Call
Super Smash Bros WiiU and 3DS
Bayonetta
Kingdom Hearts 2.5HD
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Evolve
Ori and the Blind Forest
Danganronpa 2
Tales of Hearts R
Fantasy Life
Pokemon Omega Ruby

My wallet weeps, and the worst thing is i don't own a PS4/Xbox One/Vita so I won't be able to play some of these games for awhile :(

bigkrev

Persona Q being 50 dollars just kills it for me. I hate the EO games, but would have probably bought this to support Persona, but i'm not paying a premium for a game I am going to hate

My wallet weeps, and the worst thing is i don't own a PS4/Xbox One/Vita so I won't be able to play some of these games for awhile :(

You only need one of Xbox One or PS4. With the announcement that Limbo 2 and Ori are both coming to PC (Sony indie games have always come as well), the differences between the 2 boxes really does come down to first party stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Persona Q being 50 dollars just kills it for me. I hate the EO games, but would have probably bought this to support Persona, but i'm not paying a premium for a game I am going to hate

I love Atlus games. EO games in particular.

There is no chance in hell I buy PQ brand new.

Why do you ask? Every single Atlus game has gone on sale multiple times on the eshop. It'll be 20 bucks in 6-10 months.

Jintor

Off the top of my head:

Must-buys:
Bayo 2 + Bayo 1
Smash
Dangan Ronpa 2
Persona Q
Pushmo World

Need Money
Hyrule Warriors
Layton v AA
Toad Tracker?
Evolve
Ultimax?
Sims 4?

Seriously though someone buy my code

789shadow

Banned
Getting a Wii U/Mario Kart 8 bundle next week. Probably going to use the free game on Pikmin 3. Then for the rest of the year it's:

Danganronpa 2
Smash 3DS
Xbone + The Master Chief Collection
Smash Wii U

You only need one of Xbox One or PS4. With the announcement that Limbo 2 and Ori are both coming to PC (Sony indie games have always come as well), the differences between the 2 boxes really does come down to first party stuff.

I mean Halo 5 is the biggest exclusive of the bunch and the one I want to play the most... but there is nothing for either system this fall that's an exclusive that I have to play so I'll wait till next fall when we have a better idea of their exclusive line ups. Vita is probably my system to get this fall

I find the lack of Guilty Gear upsetting ;_;

Crap I forgot about that lol, I love GG/BB games, I just suck at them and none of my friends want to play with me because "I'm too good at them" :[

Jintor

Oh yeah, I still need to pick up Pikmin and like an infinite backlog of Wii games (Twilight Princess, Galaxy 1 + 2... probably missing some others. Played Xenoblade, got Skyward tho need to finish it, etc)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I failed miserably in my last month of the Backlog challenge before the FFV Fiesta began.

I'm enacting the emergency war powers act and have decided to see if I can kill of Tales of the Abyss by playing it tonight and all of tomorrow.

bigkrev

The thing I love now is that games can come out of nowhere to impress me. Cloudbuilt, which will be in contention for the top slot on my personal GOTY list, was a game I never heard of till I saw a video, and I was able to instantly buy it. God, Nintendo announced Picross E4, another top slot GOTY game for me, days before it actually came out. A Story About My Uncle, another game I have loved this year, was something that until it came out I had no idea what it was, but when it did, I bought it instantly.

I love that so much stuff comes out now that so much can slip through the cracks and surprise you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That rarely seems to happen to me. The last time it did was...Pushmo?

EDIT: Completely forgot about NES REMIX 1. That certainly fit the bill of out of nowhere and amazing.

Jintor

There's a bunch of indie PC games I've heard about that I haven't picked up just yet. Will see if they're in a humble bundle or something

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That rarely seems to happen to me. The last time it did was...Pushmo?

EDIT: Completely forgot about NES REMIX 1. That certainly fit the bill of out of nowhere and amazing.
Pushmo & its sequels seem to be announced about a month or two before they're released, which is always a nice surprise. Now I just hope it does well enough to get Crashmo World.

Why do you ask? Every single Atlus game has gone on sale multiple times on the eshop. It'll be 20 bucks in 6-10 months.
Yeah, I can't count how many times they've done sales on PSN for their PS2 stuff, not to mention P4A, Catherine, Dragon's Crown, etc.

No idea if I want the LE. I wanna get the tarot cards since you get the complete set with Q & P4AU (plus a teddie bop bag, heh), but the CD is only 4 tracks in the JPN version & it seems to be the same, and that pouch is for the XL and I have the regular model, so it'll just slide around.

bigkrev

Oh god, they also put all their PSP games on sale every few weeks for 75% off, and P4G is always on sale as well. It's rarer for the games to be full priced than to be on sale!
No idea if I want the LE. I wanna get the tarot cards since you get the complete set with Q & P4AU (plus a teddie bop bag, heh), but the CD is only 4 tracks in the JPN version & it seems to be the same, and that pouch is for the XL and I have the regular model, so it'll just slide around.

For the love of god, upgrade to an XL and stop eating for a week or 2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The extra junk almost convinced me to buy EO IV Physically.

The extra junk and a new egg sale did convince me to buy SMT IV Physically despite the ten bucks extra...but that game had great extra junk.

PQ is an interesting one where the more expensive version is the better deal seemingly...but not enough to move me off of this position. My backlog won't be anywhere near tamed by the time this comes out and I'm sticking to my guns of waiting for an eshop sale.

Nintendo and Square meanwhile managed to convince me to buy BD:FF digitally and physically because of its extra junk and how awesome the game is in general. Well done Nintendo/SE.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the love of god, upgrade to an XL and stop eating for a week or 2.
I really want to, but the problem is that I can't trade my old 3DS towards a new one because I've got about 60+ games downloaded, so I'd have to buy the XL first, transfer it over, wipe all the stuff off the old one, then trade it in. I'd rather have the credit for trading my old 3DS in towards the XL.

ckohler

I made this on Tuesday to remind myself of my first impressions. When I say I will "watch" that means I'll watch my best friend play that game rather than play it myself.

Chris' E3 2014 Game List - First Reactions
As of June 10, 2014
(Opinions subject to change.)

WILL OWN! WILL PLAY! DAY ONE!
-----------------------------
Crackdown
Uncharted: A Thief's End
The Order: 1886
Destiny
No Man's Sky
The Division
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfighter
Halo 5: Guardians
Grand Theft Auto V

WILL WATCH PLAYED!
------------------
Batman: Arkham Knight
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

VERY INTERESTED TO PLAY
-----------------------
Sunset Overdrive
Infamous: First Light
Grim Fandango
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

INTERESTED TO TRY
-----------------
Far Cry 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fable Legends
LittleBigPlanet 3
Dead Island 2
Project Spark
Inside
Cuphead
Homefront: The Revolution
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Ratchet and Clank Remake

VERY MILD INTEREST (to play or watch)
-------------------------------------
Battlefield: Hardline
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Dragon Age: Inquisiton
Evolve
Ori and the Blind Forest
ABZÛ
Phantom Dust
Scalebound
Bloodborne
Mortal Kombat X
Disney Infinity

ZERO INTEREST (at the moment)
-----------------------------
Entwined
Happy Wars
Dance Central: Spotlight
Shape Up
Magicka 2
Let It Die

INTERESTED, BUT TOO FAR OUT
---------------------------
Mass Effect 4
Star Wars: Battlefront
Mirror's Edge 2

Wait, you get a free game now?

Where have you been? If you buy Mario Kart 8 either retail, digital, or with the WiiU Bundle and register the game on Club Nintendo before July 31st you can get a free copy of one of the following

Zelda Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros U
Wii Party U

It's part of why the slightly higher cost of the MK8 bundle is worth it and why it's sold out in a lot of places.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Getting a $200 refurb'd Wii U for my younger sis.

+ $48 MK8 from Amazon
+ free Wind Waker from the MK8 promo
+ free DK:TF I won from Nintendo's Twitter

She should be pretty happy. That's a console and four games (including Nintendoland) for just $248. That's less than the Wii was for its first four years.

My older sis/brother in law already has a Wii U and so do two coworkers. At least anecdotally, more people I know have Wii U's than other current gen systems. I only know one coworker who has a PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom