• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know you bring me sadness, midnight (midnight sun)
You ought to give me your love, midnight

With no warning while I ate an apple today
I realized I'm not a child
And that's the way it stays
I'm looking for a dreary love that's wandered far away
I close my eyes and try to live for today

I really think I love you
Oh, but the red moon is watching my every move
I reach out my hand to touch your soft face
You're so close

You only bring me sadness, midnight (love me, save me)
You ought to give me your love, midnight (hold me, love me)
I can see deep within your puzzled eyes
My passion's not alone
The sun comes out at midnight
Will you love me, midnight?

Bleach is much like the opening theme to GXP. It brings me sadness at midnight. All times and animes Eastern.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm actually more or less always serious in this thread.

Here's the full list of things I joke about.

1. MikeMyers fake posts about Final Act. For whatever reason I still love doing these even though they are not that funny anymore.

2. Revolving door of reasons why SBT was canceled. These also amuse me to no end.

3. I did for quite awhile there try to take up AndreX's shitposting about One Piece but only on the block right before it aired.

Things that seem like a joke that I'm actually quite serious about.

1. Samurai Jack being too relaxing for its timeslot. It has multiple times put me in a semi dream state for the rest of the block.

2. Bleach excitement. Bleach is my kind of group watch and I miss it every week it's not on for two reasons, one I love the reactions, two each week its on is one week closer to it ending.

3. The coloring of FMA being leagues better than FMA:B. This isn't some dig about Bass's color blindness, in fact I wasn't even thinking about that when it came up and I try to never ever joke about a person like that. It's that FMA is just way better at color selection.

4. Whenever I say something positive about One Piece I'm not being hyperbolic, I believe it's honestly the best show just about every week it has aired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love the series up until SS ends, like the Bount Arc even though it is waay too long, and have repeatedly tapped out at the same point in Hueco Mundo each and every time (when the guy who looks like Ichigo shows up) and have basically only caught dribs and drabs since, but I read it every once in awhile with Naruto and One Piece (OP every week, Naruto at least once a month, every week this year, Bleach...once or twice a year I'll read it for a few weeks and then drop it because its too damn slow)

I think they spent far too long dealing with Aizen and probably should have ended it there. I think the anime is a general improvement over the manga and that the slice of life fillers/omake are the best parts of the show outside of the music, which is just incredible.

I've aired my problems with the dub but its incredible just how bad it gets in places considering how good most of the main cast is. It starts good and becomes steadily worse, the exact opposite of Naruto which starts below average and ends up getting steadily better.

LOLDSFAN

22. Imperial Bishop 3116
23. LOLDSFAN 3111

tumblr_lukoo6otse1r08ecpo1_500.gif

3. The coloring of FMA being leagues better than FMA:B. This isn't some dig about Bass's color blindness, in fact I wasn't even thinking about that when it came up and I try to never ever joke about a person like that. It's that FMA is just way better at color selection.

Haha it's not a problem, even my own family sometimes forgets and will ask me why I wore "colors that don't match". That's why 90% of the shirts I own are red or black and all of my pants are either blue/black jeans or black shorts so I don't have to worry about that issue anymore.

Found this interesting post on Toonzone

You want a serious, adult-oriented action animated show on TV? This is your key right here. This is the kind of no-brainer type of deal that this company (I mean TW overall) is too dysfunctional to see right in front of their faces right now. We all know there's no (good) reason Young Justice shouldn't be airing on Toonami yesterday. And you know the huge Batman/Superman/JL movie their working toward at the moment? What better way to build hype for that AND grow Toonami at the same time than with an awesome, high-budget, Bruce Timm animated Batman/Superman/JL animated show to lead off the night on Saturdays leading up to the movie's release?

This would be sooooo good. Any made-for-Toonami DC show would be a dream come true.

Found this interesting post on Toonzone

This would be sooooo good. Any made-for-Toonami DC show would be a dream come true.

I'd prefer an original IP over a DC comics liscense.

But, yeah, I'm waiting for Toonami to fund the "Avatar of Adult Swim" for me to enjoy without anyone having seen if beforehand or complaining about dub quality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Toonami should have funded Thundercats reboot, the Avatar of CN.

Both another thing I joke about and related to a post above me.

Crocodile

But, yeah, I'm waiting for Toonami to fund the "Avatar of Adult Swim" for me to enjoy without anyone having seen if beforehand or complaining about dub quality.

Well Space Dandy is pretty much this. I would like more WORLD PREMIERE content for Toonami though be it some Marvel/DC IP, an anime or something else. It's a shame IGPX was so soul-crushingly boring for most of its run that it hurt the chances of future Toonami original productions. What were those writers thinking?

Well Space Dandy is pretty much this. I would like more WORLD PREMIERE content for Toonami though be it some Marvel/DC IP, an anime or something else. It's a shame IGPX was so soul-crushingly boring for most of its run that it hurt the chances of future Toonami original productions. What were those writers thinking?

I dunno why don't you ask DeMarco
Y8reiVX.jpg

But people like Batman, Superman, and the rest.

I don't know how late many will stay up to see an adult-oriented superhero show, but we can still try if there's hope.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If you saw the original IGPX shorts, they early parts of the series were clearly in that vein. They worked well as shorts, but not as full episodes. I don't think they realized that until like episode 6 or 7.

I wonder if Toonami could show Madoka entirely through movie nights using the recap movies, since they are getting dubbed (which stands to reason that the third will be too).

Tenumi

Banned
I'm watching that stream, seeing all the anime I can't afford.

You're still posting an average of about 500 times per month which usually still lands you in the top 10, I'd guess Toonami having 6 premiers (7 when Dandy s2 starts) helps keep your post count up even if you don't do the whole 6.5 hour challenge

21-40 for those interested

21. SparksterMeta0 3424
22. Imperial Bishop 3116
23. LOLDSFAN 3111
24. everyday math 3060
25. Zonic505 3028
26. Dr.Palutena 2494
27. mightynine 2452
28. Ultratech 2377
29. daveo42 2273
30. GaimeGuy 2214
31. bigkrev 2096
32. Beelzeboss 1891
33. Knux-Future 1801
34. Azure J 1785
35. THACHITS 1783
36. ASSauLTxMasTER 1781
37. thetechkid 1718
38. Rewrite 1716
39. slightconfuse 1678
40. Moaradin 1674

I bet I'm like 41 or something. Doesn't help that I'm gone for three-fourths the Saturdays it seems, and when I'm here I only stay for a little while.

I really need to start taking advantage of my unlimited free time and make room in my schedule to stay up...

I'm watching that stream, seeing all the anime I can't afford.

I bet I'm like 41 or something. Doesn't help that I'm gone for three-fourths the Saturdays it seems, and when I'm here I only stay for a little while.

I really need to start taking advantage of my unlimited free time and make room in my schedule to stay up...

You're actually #48, gotta step up that game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom