• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Also...batman still ain't shit

Which is part of the ethical examination the program presents, Black Lagoon comes down a little too much on the all humans are scum side of things.
Sort of. I found it interesting the director of the series (he use to work for Ghibi) said he picked to work over other projects because he felt it was a good idea to focus on the darker undertone of humanity. Not just the candy and sunshine.

It's still rough tho

Calling it a night. Later.

GUa6P8v.gif

daveo42

Banned
Strangely enough, I've been revitalized and am wide awake now.

Now I got some ads on the stream. The stream get's random sometimes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also...batman still ain't shit

Sort of. I found it interesting the director of the series (he use to work for Ghibi) said he picked to work over other projects because he felt it was a good idea to focus on the darker undertone of humanity. Not just the candy and sunshine.

It's still rough tho

Oh, I agree, Monster got dark, maybe darker then Black Lagoon did here at times, yet Black Lagoon leaves me cold with its moral apathy outside of Rock.

Jintor

I was iffy on getting the Black Lagoon mangas because it's just the episodes again (though the omake are good) but... yeaaaaaah... when I come back home I guess.

Speaking of Monster, I am starting that tomorrow. God help me >.<

I never felt as shook as I did going through that series compared to Black Lagoon

Probably because

Monster spoilers

Johan is depicted as a cold, calculating, evil individual and is mostly seen as an adult outside the first few episodes and a few flashbacks where he's still a cold calculating evil person. The twins are depicted as more sympathetic as you can tell they were forced to become monsters to survive and their skew of reality warped massively.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The origin of the Batsignal. At least in this universe.

Anyone think Gotham will be good?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I never felt as shook as I did going through that series compared to Black Lagoon

Probably because

Monster spoilers

Johan is depicted as a cold, calculating, evil individual and is mostly seen as an adult outside the first few episodes and a few flashbacks where he's still a cold calculating evil person. The twins are depicted as more sympathetic as you can tell they were forced to become monsters to survive and their skew of reality warped massively.

It isn't that cut and dried given
the programs of Franz Bonaparta.

daveo42

Banned
Speaking of Monster, I am starting that tomorrow. God help me >.<

Another anime I haven't watched that I know I should. Speaking of insanely depressing anime/manga, I kind of want to go back and re-read Bokurano. I don't think I could really ever go back to Narutaru though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom