• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is this supposed to be funny? Because that felt like your typical me too abridged series with someone who isn't funny

Why do you think TFS put the series on indefinite hiatus?
They claim it's "legal issues", but most people didn't like the first episode so it's very likely dead.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Can't you guys make an InuYasha community thread for these watch groups its really annoying to have the thread spammed for an hour with people group watching a show thats no longer on Toonami. It's not even like final act has been announced for a group catch up to make sense

Why... is it annoying? As long as Inuyasha has been an Adult Swim Anime Staple, I always found it nice to see it stay a part of the thread, even if it's not "official".

It's probably the most relevant of the non-Saturday Toonami topics that occurs in this thread at any time, haha. Sexy Tooth Faries, Batman's Misadventures in novels, Private life dealings, or rankings of modern day cartoons are all much less Toonami related, but they work in this thread too... somehow... you know, I'm not sure how they manage that.

---

Now to tie my own life experiences into Toonami-related relevance, WOHOO!

I have to grin at the amount of SAO cosplay I saw this weekend too. Though the clear cosplay numbers winner was the ability to put on an Anti-Titan corps jacket and some 3D maneuvering gear, and be included. I also saw a Space Dandy, which at least made me happy. A well-made Voltron, a Revy, A few armies of Sailor scouts, Batsu and Akira from Rival Schools, and basicallyy the entire main cast of Excel Saga as a single group... good times.

It was interesting hearing the Animego discussion on why they don't have their shows directly on streams and such. We all know by now they don't really make much money, and mostly serve as advertising... but it's nice to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak. For a company that started as a joke between friends due to the procurement of some video overlay equipment, going to Sci-Fi with Fancy new shows that you're sure would make THEM money... and then getting asked "Well, how much are you going to pay the network to show it?" was jarring. Felt a lot like Toonami Tumblr Q&A session, without the "WHEN'S KAI!?!" questions!

In all the community threads I've been in they start to fall apart or become filled with animosity the moment people start complaining about what is and isn't talked about in the thread at every given moment. I have not seen anything discussed from 8-9 on sundays even on the week or two when we didn't group watch, and what typically is discussed on sunday is what? rankings? I've seen other people watch things that were solely formerly on Toonami, heck I recall someone watching and critiquing Tenchi Muyo GPX , wonder who that was.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The other thing we could do now that most of the regular Inuyasha members are free is just blow off the remaining episodes in one or two sittings in the near future. I wouldn't mind doing the regular two next week and then watching the entire rest of the series the next week.

Levyne

Banned
It's weird, politically it's hard to defend, but at the same time it feels exceedingly silly to have a problem or justify being annoyed with it.

I don't mind InuGAF using the thread for their group watch but I guess the final say is going to reside with Seda. I don't see it as any different than when Man God was reviewing Naruo filler, Bass was watching GXP, or I was slogging through missed Blue Exorcist episodes.

i can see where Bass is coming from since it's treated more like how we post during Toonami, and everything else will get lost in the shuffle. but at the same time, it's only like an hour or so each week.

I don't mind InuGAF using the thread for their group watch but I guess the final say is going to reside with Seda. I don't see it as any different than when Man God was reviewing Naruo filler, Bass was watching GXP, or I was slogging through missed Blue Exorcist episodes.

Its different writing a one post review catching up on a show that people missed on Toonami vs an hour of live post by the same 2-3 people which normally interrupts any conversations about the previous days shows. I mean Seda came down hard on the other group watch posts in here going as far as to delete them and saying to use twitter to largely communicate outside of the occasional reminder post here

It just bothers me that 1 goddamn hr of a 24/7 thread bothers someone so much they literally can't just go do something else, they need it stopped. Do you know the bullshit that happens in this thread that I put up with be it on off hours or during Toonami that I just decide to put up with or stay silent because hey, I can just not be involved during that time? When people are being exceedingly creepy/pervy at an exceedingly higher level in an obnoxious/uncomfortable way. I'm either nowhere to be found, play along or just try to focus on the shows. I don't tell people to tone it down during black lagoon because the excessive praise, talking about planet size balls, etc are becoming a huge turn off. I don't bother ranking the shows or reading all the arguments for why insert show was shit or the best or how much I don't get why people like x. When people are saying something weirdly sexist , transphobic, etc unless it's really problematic I typically say "sure, fine, whatever" and let it slide, because hey, i'm a minority here in many aspects and it's likely not worth it. But sure, whatever.

anime_tattoo_by_gs___re_deuce_by_proto_jekt-d7jpzv2.jpg

My future tattoo.

TheChits

Its different writing a one post review catching up on a show that people missed on Toonami vs an hour of live post by the same 2-3 people which normally interrupts any conversations about the previous days shows. I mean Seda came down hard on the other group watch posts in here going as far as to delete them and saying to use twitter to largely communicate outside of the occasional reminder post here

Does it honestly bother you?

789shadow

Banned
Seda only did that because they were using..............less than legal methods to watch.

Gorillaz

anime_tattoo_by_gs___re_deuce_by_proto_jekt-d7jpzv2.jpg

My future tattoo.

The bigass
Wings of Freedom/recon corp
sign in the middle is AoT
One Piece Pirate
Lagoon Company Pirate sign/Revy's cutless pirate sign

Everything else:

I want to say Blue Exocist is the face on the right of the WoF
Belt looking thing is Bleach?
Can't tell the rest

Takashi

needs more this

edit: AoT, Soul Eater, Black Lagoon, FMA, One Piece, Sao
I only recognize the one opposite Soul Eater, dont remember from where

MikeMyers

The other thing we could do now that most of the regular Inuyasha members are free is just blow off the remaining episodes in one or two sittings in the near future. I wouldn't mind doing the regular two next week and then watching the entire rest of the series the next week.

I'd be down for this. Up to the other members though.

Wait, are we watching Final Act, or just ending with the original cartoon?

LOLDSFAN

The bigass Wings of Freedom sign in the middle is AoT
One Piece Pirate
Lagoon Company Pirate sign/Revy's cutless pirate sign

Everything else:

I want to say Blue Exocist is the face on the right of the WoF
Belt looking thing is Bleach?
Can't tell the rest

Naruto and Gurren Lagaan at the top. Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, and K anime at the sides. FMA in the middle. Code Geass at the bottom.

*edit*

Oh and that heart thing, from Madoka?

Gorillaz

Naruto and Gurren Lagaan at the top. Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, and K anime at the sides. FMA in the middle. Code Geass at the bottom.

*edit*

Oh and that heart thing, from Madoka?

I knew something about glasses/fire part up on top looked familiar, haven't seen GL yet but I know some of the art and style sort of.

During GXP you weren't just posting reviews per episode, it was live commentary. I think trying to put a limit on what people can and cannot talk about in here is a slippery slope; if you don't like a particular conversation there is always the option of leaving the thread for a bit. I can see how it's annoying to watch the same 3 or 4 people live post about Inuyasha because everything else gets lost in the shuffle but it's only once a week for an hour. Not a big deal.

Whoever can guess all the symbols gets a cookie.

Pretty sure the fire balls around the top are from Naruto, the fire inside is from Gurren Lagann, wings are from Attack on Titan, Ks are from K, the bird on the left is Fairy tail, face on the right is soul eater, realistic skull and crossbones is black lagoon, and the straw hat logo is from one piece.

I know I've seen both the cross with the snake and the v at the bottom before but damn I can't place them right now and I'll be pissed when someone points them out. I believe the strap references SAO? And I have no idea what the m or the multi color heart represent

Edit: Holy shit how did I forget Code Geass and FMA AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

During GXP you weren't just posting reviews per episode, it was live commentary. I think trying to put a limit on what people can and cannot talk about in here is a slippery slope; if you don't like a particular conversation there is always the option of leaving the thread for a bit. I can see how it's annoying to watch the same 3 or 4 people live post about Inuyasha because everything else gets lost in the shuffle but it's only once a week for an hour. Not a big deal.

I'll admit I got out of hand with my postings about GXP and I felt bad about it after the fact and I've since tried to not to derail the thread like that again. I was wrong to do it then even if people got some laughs out of it I wish I had just stuck to episode reviews or even just a series review at the end.

I'd be down for this. Up to the other members though.

Wait, are we watching Final Act, or just ending with the original cartoon?
I'm not down for shit until I'm also catered to instead of just doing something else for a damn hour.

It just bothers me that 1 goddamn hr of a 24/7 thread bothers someone so much they literally can't just go do something else, they need it stopped. Do you know the bullshit that happens in this thread that I put up with be it on off hours or during Toonami that I just decide to put up with or stay silent because hey, I can just not be involved during that time? When people are being exceedingly creepy/pervy at an exceedingly higher level in an obnoxious/uncomfortable way. I'm either nowhere to be found, play along or just try to focus on the shows. I don't tell people to tone it down during black lagoon because the excessive praise, talking about planet size balls, etc are becoming a huge turn off. I don't bother ranking the shows or reading all the arguments for why insert show was shit or the best or how much I don't get why people like x. When people are saying something weirdly sexist , transphobic, etc unless it's really problematic I typically say "sure, fine, whatever" and let it slide, because hey, i'm a minority here in many aspects and it's likely not worth it. But sure, whatever.

bigkrev

Back home, my impressions from last night

Attack on Titan- Why do I even watch this show when they literally show EVERYTHING that is going to happen in the preview? This was probably the best episode so far other than that massive issue

Cooler's Revenge- Because I don't really have nostalgia for DBZ, I can just come out and say that this movie was utter dogshit. Terrible animation, terrible story, terrible "action". It's lone redeeming quality was it's short length, which is something most terrible films miss out on. Also shows how far dubs have come in the recent years- this one was really poor. If the job of this was to get me excited for DBZ Kai, I guess the power hour of unwatchable shows will continue once it replaces Bleach.

That Stoner Music video- I sent a complaint to Demarco about this, asking why this was shown during a TV-Y7 broadcast among other things. Painful to watch.

One Piece, Shippuden ZzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzZ

Blue Exorcist- The weakest episode in a while. At least it leaves on a cliffhanger that promises to have some lasting impact on the series.

All in All, a terrible week of Toonami. Will watch Black Lagoon later this week.

MikeMyers

If the job of this was to get me excited for DBZ Kai, I guess the power hour of unwatchable shows will continue once it replaces Bleach..

I'm surprised no ones made a "Bleach is DBZ with swords" joke...or maybe "DBZ is Bleach without swords" since DBZ is replacing Bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom