• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

OH GOD THE ANIME NERDS ARE TEARING DEMARCO APART OVER NO ONE PUNCH MAN!

OH THE HUMANITY!

SAVE US PRESIDENT OF ANIME!

ckohler

This is the FLCL print they are giving out at the FLCL panel on Sunday. Aparently drawn by one of the original artists (who may or may not be working on the new season).

E7xEYQJ.jpg

OH GOD THE ANIME NERDS ARE TEARING DEMARCO APART OVER NO ONE PUNCH MAN!

OH THE HUMANITY!

SAVE US PRESIDENT OF ANIME!

THIS JUST IN, THE PRESIDENT OF ANIME HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED!

Is there any anime fan who is a bad enough dude to save the president!?

Seda

Seems like the Intruder II was enough of a ratings boon (and social media buzz, I guess) that they decided to do it again.

The turn around is quicker too. Supposed to air this November? Intruder II was announced Momocon 2014 (18 months before it aired).

Do we know anything about this Production IG microseries other than that it is happening?

Seda

They said it was just a series of ADULT SWIM station IDs. It's not a show. They showed one of them.

Yeah I understand it's not a show that will not occupy a full timeslot. That station ID they talked about released earlier this year (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tb_ihmava8).

The stream was kinda junky at that point but sounded to me that the ID was just basically the first thing Oshii provided for Adult Swim (they were talking about how they started working together in the first place), and this new microseries is the next project from this cooperation.

ckohler

No they specifically said microseries. The thing they showed was something that already exists.

Hmm. I'll have to rewatch next Friday then. I swore they kept saying it was more IDs. I don't even know what else a "micro series" could be other than station IDs.

Yeah I understand it's not a show that will not occupy a full timeslot. That station ID they talked about released earlier this year (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tb_ihmava8).

The stream was kinda junky at that point but sounded to me that the ID was just basically the first thing Oshii provided for Adult Swim (they were talking about how they started working together in the first place), and this new microseries is the next project from this cooperation.

Any idea what a micro-series even is? Is it like Luluco where it's like only 8 minutes long per episode?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. I'll have to rewatch next Friday then. I swore they kept saying it was more IDs. I don't even know what else a "micro series" could be other than station IDs.

A microseries is like the original IGPX or Genndy's Star Wars Clone Wars.

Soulflarz

Banned
Uh, she knows this thread exists.

In fact, before I was a mod, I asked her to update the old opening posts back then ... once or twice.

was going to say, fairly certain most mods know we exist at the least
kagari likes anime guys

hi kagari :3

BBboy20

Uh, she knows this thread exists.

In fact, before I was a mod, I asked her to update the old opening posts back then ... once or twice.
Oh. Just I remembered Dr. Palutena's leaving and realized that she might not like our particular environment.

She's a mod so I'm not sure why I'm thinking of this.

Seda

Updated show ending dates:

Samurai Champloo: July 9
One Punch Man: October 1
Parasyte –the maxim-: October 8
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: November 26
Dragon Ball Z Kai: December 3, (not including Buu Arc), February 3, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter X Hunter: February 23, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll bet a lot of money that the Labor Day marathon keeps the Parasyte episode so that it and One Punch Man end the same day.

Wonder if Samurai Jack 'replaces' One Punch Man, then.

Moaradin

Funimation finished recording Buu Kai a long time ago. I don't see why else they would sit on it besides TV deals.

Or Toei being Toei.

What are the chances we're not getting the buu arc? Toonami is not going to let go of its flagship so easily.

The Buu Saga is pretty much a lock. Given the timing of just when the Cell saga ends, I wouldn't be surprised if they put off debuting it until January of next year though due to the likelihood of the last 2-3 Saturdays of the year being entirely marathons.

Seda

Buu Saga Kai is one of the very few things I'd say makes more sense on TV than, say, streaming.

If FUNimation were to release the episodes on their website, would anyone actually bother to watch them? The Buu saga is not especially well received and it's a known quantity and I doubt people are clamoring for it. Toonami, though, would love to anchor down that lead-in slot for another year or whatever, in a world where ratings are king. DBZ is uniquely the type of show to rate well enough, regardless of circumstance.

I have no idea how Super fits into this, however.

zulux21

Buu Saga Kai is one of the very few things I'd say makes more sense on TV than, say, streaming.

If FUNimation were to release the episodes on their website, would anyone actually bother to watch them? The Buu saga is not especially well received and it's a known quantity and I doubt people are clamoring for it. Toonami, though, would love to anchor down that lead-in slot for another year or whatever, in a world where ratings are king. DBZ is uniquely the type of show to rate well enough, regardless of circumstance.

I have no idea how Super fits into this, however.

I would. my wife still needs to watch them and I want to see how they they changed the great saiyaman stuff :p

Seda

Clip of Mamoru Oshii's microseries they played at the expo is on Adult Swim (for now)

I don't trust my memory of the panel, but while Jason said something like this ID (which released in March) ultimately kicked off this microseries project, we don't know how much of the upcoming 5 parts are directly/loosely based on it.

Saying it's a clip from the microseries is likely incorrect, unless the series is a goofy mecha oddball that stands against whaling and other ethical topics :p

Raxus

I don't trust my memory of the panel, but while Jason said something like this ID (which released in March) ultimately kicked off this microseries project, we don't know how much of the upcoming 5 parts are directly/loosely based on it.

Saying it's a clip from the microseries is likely incorrect, unless the series is a goofy mecha oddball that stands against whaling and other ethical topics :p

Yeah, I should have just classified it as a sample of the director's weirdness we can expect from the microseries.

One Punch Man eh?

ResidentSleeper

Unless the anime makes the content from the manga a lot more enjoyable this is a show that I have no interest in. I'll still watch (on DVR) to support the block but meh I find OPM over rated besides for murata's art in the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom