• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I recall in one of JesuOtaku's old videos (before she went crazy) she mentioned that Sentai Filmworks had this one really awful director and he worked on Highschool of the Dead. Often getting tone and inflection wrong. I don't recall the name and I'm not sure if the video still exists (Blip purge and all that).

What happened to her. Last I checked he was in the middle of transitioning.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall in one of JesuOtaku's old videos (before she went crazy) she mentioned that Sentai Filmworks had this one really awful director and he worked on Highschool of the Dead. Often getting tone and inflection wrong. I don't recall the name and I'm not sure if the video still exists (Blip purge and all that).
If it matters, I'm pretty sure it was the same director who did the dub for Ghost Stories.

.....which would explain the stupid internet references in HSotD. He worked in "I like turtles" into the dub.

What happened to her. Last I checked he was in the middle of transitioning.

I missed that Jesu Otaku had come out as transgender last I knew he was writing for anime news network. A quick search shows Jacob Chapman is still an associate editor so I assume he stayed true to his word that he was done making video reviews and would stick to his full time gig of writing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could've sworn they said the OPM promo would air on TV tonight, so guess I'll watch part of the first episode of HxH to see it. Otherwise, since I STILL can't play Zero Time Dilemma, guess I'll try to finish chapter 3 of Tokyo Mirage Sessions tonight.

....it feels really nice to finally have time to play a RPG on consoles again, let alone actually keep at it instead of getting distracted & either not playing it or barely scratching the surface.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I tend not to watch the marathons. This will be no different.
Might stick around for the first two maybe.

I could always check CabooseJr's channel for anything new.

If it matters, I'm pretty sure it was the same director who did the dub for Ghost Stories.

.....which would explain the stupid internet references in HSotD. He worked in "I like turtles" into the dub.

Yep, it's that guy. He also worked on mawaru penguindrum which was a horrible idea on sentai's part :/

So Erika Harlacher (Kurapika's English VA) is cosplaying as Kurapika at AX. She really looks like him too so it's like meeting Kurapika in real life. I hope she never breaks character and just keeps on speaking like Kurapika all day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Erika Harlacher (Kurapika's English VA) is cosplaying as Kurapika at AX. She really looks like him too so it's like meeting Kurapika in real life. I hope she never breaks character and just keeps on speaking like Kurapika all day.
BUT THEN SHE SAW THAT SPIDER COSPLAYER FROM A PAGE OR TWO AGO AND ALL HELL BROKE OUT

Regiruler

Monster Musume for toonami
image.php

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, now that I think about it, would Kurapika have reacted negatively if he saw the Spider Eagle? Or only half as annoyed because it's also part eagle?

You know, with Demarco saying they've been trying to get FLCL season 2 for a while, I'd be surprised if they aren't doing the same for Bleach.

Though I imagine we're (thankfully) approaching that point where it's just not worth animating in Japan.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, school may be out for summer, but we've got three and a half hours of exams on tap as Gon, Killua, Leorio, and Kurapika set out to become Hunters.

11:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 1 - Departure × and × Friends
12:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 2 - Test × of × Tests
12:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 3 - Rivals × in × Survival
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 4 - Hope × and × Ambition
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 5 - Hisoka × is × Sneaky
2:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 6 - A × Surprising × Challenge
2:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 7 - Showdown × On × The Airship

Seda

You know, with Demarco saying they've been trying to get FLCL season 2 for a while, I'd be surprised if they aren't doing the same for Bleach.

Though I imagine we're (thankfully) approaching that point where it's just not worth animating in Japan.

Adult Swim tends to stick with smaller episode runs. 12 new episodes of FLCL (2 seasons of 6), 10 episodes of Samurai Jack. Most Adult Swim show seasons are around this length.

Bleach doesn't really fit that, probably.

edit: lol one of the episode titles is actually "Hisoka is Sneaky".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Adult Swim tends to stick with smaller episode runs. 12 new episodes of FLCL (2 seasons of 6), 10 episodes of Samurai Jack. Most Adult Swim show seasons are around this length.

Bleach doesn't really fit that, probably.

edit: lol one of the episode titles is actually "Hisoka is Sneaky".
That episode's title is a pun in Japanese that doesn't translate, so it just sounds dumb. :D

The Japanese title is Hisoka wa Hisoka.

Hunter x Hunter promo didn't grab me, but I am still going to give it a shot.

On the other hand I have been watching Parasyte to catch up with yall and that show is pretty good!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, screw it, think I might watch the marathon after all. My brain needs a rest from solving the rest of Boxboxboy's puzzles.

...if only I could play TMS with off-TV play, then I'd probably play that while watching the marathon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So when would the next marathon be? Labor day weekend? Halloween is on a Monday, so don't think they'd do a marathon for that. Guessing it won't be until Thanksgiving?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think One Punch Man would be on episode 7 by the time Labor Day weekend hits, making it the perfect amount for a marathon.

Crocodile

Was that a new show by the China IL team? Who asked for this?

I'm not near a TV so I'm not sure what you're talking about (some commercial you just saw I assume) but I liked most episodes of China, IL so I wouldn't be opposed to giving a new show by that team a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom