• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

For those not in the know. 4Kids wanted to get to the more marketable chopper so they skipped the violent little garden arc and Laboon which would have been super fucking confusing to everyone if they ever reached Brook.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oda has a massive chart of everything planned. Pages upon pages of world building.
When this happened in the manga & anime, our minds were fucking blown!

But more on this in the morning.

For those not in the know. 4Kids wanted to get to the more marketable chopper so they skipped the violent little garden arc and Laboon which would have been super fucking confusing to everyone if they ever reached Brook.

Again, fuck 4Kids.

Now normally I'll tell you all to watch EVO.

However this episode of Parasyte...you have to see it.

For the fucking hilarity. I still remember when this episode air...not too long ago after that other infamous episode of Akame Ga Kill aired. I wish SAB CA draws that scene again.

Crocodile

I think I need to rewatch the Laboon episode(s) for this to really resonant. I think the last time I watched them was back in early college. Still, these are some strong, long-reaching connections being established here.

Can whales live that long in that world?

They can in this one so I see nothing hard to believe about that in the OP world

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so basically, 4Kids ruined what should've a real blast-from-the-past.

.......also screw that commercial, ugh.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
True story: the lyrics for Binks' Sake were written around the same time that the Laboon mini-arc was written.

And Brook was also planned for the Straw Hats basically from the beginning, though his design went through a few changes.

That's actually not the craziest long play Oda made around that time, though. A character appeared on the cover of Shounen Jump around the time of the Laboon arc that we won't see on Toonami until 3 arcs from now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He probably wanted to include Brook way earlier.

Going from what he's showed in the SBS he had Brook's design done long before he introduced him.

True story: the lyrics for Binks' Sake were written around the same time that the Laboon mini-arc was written.

And Brook was also planned for the Straw Hats basically from the beginning, though his design went through a few changes.

That's actually not the craziest long play Oda made around that time, though. A character appeared on the cover of Shounen Jump around the time of the Laboon arc that we won't see on Toonami until 3 arcs from now.

I didn't know about the Bink's Sake thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
...they never did explain how she could sense them, did they? Should see if this was someone explained in the manga.

Or the guy who only had one small scene in the Buggy flashback who doesn't reappear until almost 400 episodes later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ah yes, how I react when people try to talk about 95% of movies to me.

"aah."

"feel me" SEXUAL TENSIONS AT MAXIMUM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom