• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

I know I'm alone in this but aside from her stupid, ultra thirst... I don't mind Kana. At least she has more going on than that cardboard cutout Murino.

Noooooo.

You will see this through to the end.

You have to catch me first.

tumblr_m2b6e0q0uY1qeknrjo3_250.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OOOOOOOO WHAT'D YOU SAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

....and however the rest of that song goes when someone dies.

Shinichi gained Killua's power!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, almost as if he dealt with TWO people he knew being killed. Of course he's not gonna be up for dealing with you guys.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 79 - The Battle Turns for the Worst... Cell Attacks Android 18!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 2 - The Lone Cyborg
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 7 - Whaling
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 13 - Letter × From × Gon
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 120 - Kakashi Chronicles ~ A Boys' Life on the Battlefield ~ Part 2
2:00 - One Piece - 354 - I Swear to Go See Him! Brook and the Cape of Promise
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 13 - Hello Sadness

Later.

Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 79 - The Battle Turns for the Worst... Cell Attacks Android 18!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 2 - The Lone Cyborg
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 7 - Whaling
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 13 - Letter × From × Gon
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 120 - Kakashi Chronicles ~ A Boys' Life on the Battlefield ~ Part 2
2:00 - One Piece - 354 - I Swear to Go See Him! Brook and the Cape of Promise
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 13 - Hello Sadness

Later.

Looks like the theme for the back half at least will be flashbacks.

Missed Toonami for EVO, but will make sure to catch up on stuff before next week. I think HxH was just a recap so meh, but I need to see the OPM dub and more IBO at the least.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Morning everyone. One of the better nights of Toonami for sure.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Get mad Gohan! Get angry!
Cell decides to use his brain to win, trying to convince Vegeta to let him get stronger since Vegeta is an idiot that needs a greater challenge. You should be stopping this Trunks.

One Punch Man:
A gloriously animated start, the first episode is a lot more self-contained than future episodes. The next 11 weeks are going to be a blast.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans:
Character moments, mostly from Mikazuki and wanting to learn how to read. Also establishing that Mars kind of sucks.

Hunter x Hunter:
Waiting.... waiting... waiting.... waiting.... dig through the wall! We all pass! Stupid recap interrupting the flow.

Naruto Shippuden:
The flashback that happened between the timeskip in the manga. Major parallels between Kakashi's group and Naruto, like way too obvious. I wonder if there's a theme!

One Piece:
And so, one of the most epic pay-offs in the series happens. Introduced back in Volume 12/Episode 62, we finally learn who Laboon was waiting for after all these years. A glorious moment, something Oda is really fond of doing.
As many people mentioned last night, 4Kids ended up skipping over Laboon in an attempt to get to the merch-friendly Chopper much faster. Had they continued to this point, this would have been really awkward. Likely would have been a case of "Remember the New Guy?"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Parasyte has been lulling me into an early end time lately. I still watch the episode, and remember it, but the last three episodes or so has had me in a dream like fugue and unable to post.

Not sure what all the Parasyte hate here is all about. I am enjoying that show way more than Hunter x Hunter. I mean is that part of the joke with the episode list being all being bolded except for Parasyte?

The good news is that means I don't have to wait to watch it with yall and I can marathon it.

Although if anyone is left that cares, is it at all possible that Shinchi is mostly in his own head about his lack of emotions and is just fucked up from everything that has been happening to him? I guess we will possibly find out in the next episode. (This is just for people who are currently watching for the first time and want to speculate). Obviously he has been affected somehow by Migi but I have to wonder how much of it is actually happening within his body vs in his own head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom