• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Opening 3 is great. The next great one, in my opinion, is the one on Toonami right now. It's too bad the edit sucks ass. The next one is even better. Hopefully they can edit that one decently. You should be able to get the main part of the song into that timeframe but you never know with those edits.

Levyne

Banned
Man if daylight saving was on an actually interesting episode we could have had six shows hit a million, I don't even remember what it was about last week.

I remember opening 3 for some reason...i guess toonami did switch to the funi dub before they gave up on one piece huh , forgot if they did or not.

Moaradin

While we're on One Piece openings...

Top Tier
OP1/7 - We Are!
OP3 - Hikari e
OP6 - Brand New World
OP15 - We Go!

Good Tier
OP4 - BON VOYAGE!
OP5 - Kokoro No Chizu
OP9 - Jungle P
OP11 - Share the World!
OP12 - Kaze Wo Sagashite (I actually like this one. It's just really unfitting for the arc it's on)
OP13 - One day
OP14 - Fight Together
OP16 - Hands Up!

Meh Tier
OP10 - We Are! (Remix)

Bad Tier
OP2 - Believe
OP8 - Crazy Rainbow

Undecided Tier
OP17- Wake up! (too new, I don't know where to put this yet. Really like it though.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
OP01 - Amazing
OP02 - Grows on you, love the dub.
OP03 - Good
OP04 - Okay
OP05 - My single favorite opening of anything ever. I'm not exaggerating here at all.
OP06 - Very strong.
OP07 - Just as good as OP 1
OP08 - Dat Nami. It's an ok song though and the first of the no ending era which means it's long.
OP09 - Great
OP10 - Great, not as good as 1 or 7
OP11 - Okay
OP12 - Amazing
OP13 - My least favorite One Piece opening.
OP14 - My second favorite OP opening.

Seda

Seems like they cycle out the openings more frequently now. 12 more openings in roughly 400 (wow) episodes from here (~33 episodes per opening) compared to 5 openings around the first 250 episodes or whatever (50 per opening).

[quick rounded math]

(I'm late)

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon had the same opening until all the way until the least season which was meant to be a reboot.

DB-Z-GT has like 4 openings over the course of 500 episodes.

Moaradin

Some of the openings had a really short run. Opening 6 and 7 only ran for 20 episodes combined. But then you get opening 15 which ran 70-111 episodes.

Seda

By dumb are you just referring to the lewd/perverted gifs?

ibjkeXFH2fXQo2.gif

(yes, it got to the point where people were clearly just trying to push the limit for no reason)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But, but, most of those were .jpegs!

Anko is free of the show now though so I won't run into trouble for another two weeks.

This episode though might kill me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh fuck I just realized what the next major arc in Naruto filler is.

I've got a bit of a reprieve with some of the little stuff before it but fuck, I am not looking forward to next week at all.

Man God at least needs a free pass for when he reviews 192.

Seda isn't saying that lewd images = ban, he's saying when people just spam the thread with lewd images and it derails conversation that its a problem. If a scene from an anime were watching has a lewd scene or someone is doing something like Man God I imagine it would be okay, its when someone responds with a lewd image and then another that its a problem.'

Correct me if I'm wrong seda

daveo42

Banned
I'm glad someone else on here actually likes OP2. I liked it from start to finish. There are only a few weak openings for One Piece, which is actually pretty good considering how long the show has been running.

The one after the end of the current Toonami arc felt like it went on forever...

Seda=Aku in disguise?

He needs a lot more black in his avatar to pull it off.

Seda=Aku in disguise?

LOOONG AGOOOO IN A DISTANT THREAD

I, Seda, the Green Moderator of Darkness

Unleashed AN UNSPEAKABLE PERMA-BAN

But a foolish former junior wielding a magic pervy gif archive

stepped forth to oppose me

*whoosh* *bang* *slash*

Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in NeoGAF

And flung him into the future where my evil is law

Now the fool seeks to return to the past

AND UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS SEDA

i4yOkOfiSiPXw.png

I'm glad someone else on here actually likes OP2. I liked it from start to finish. There are only a few weak openings for One Piece, which is actually pretty good considering how long the show has been running.

The one after the end of the current Toonami arc felt like it went on forever...

Jungle P?

Levyne

Banned
Finished that up awhile ago. Final team was

Shard-Sniper (First Psychic, interacted with the device)
GMN - Sniper
Seda - Heavy
Zonic - Assault
Dr. Pal - Support
Jintor - Support

Seda

BassForever, that's right.

It felt to me that some took some of Man God's screencaps of Anko (which were fine) and then kept posting suggestive images just to see how far they could go with it, complete with meta-commentary about the thread taking a turn or about my specific reaction, considering I'm a regular here. Last week or the week before a similar episode happened and it eventually died down as I mostly ignored it. I was perhaps less willing to ignore it this time because it was a repeat situation and I'd prefer that this doesn't become a habit. I mean, sure, it's fine to post such images on occasion, but stringing them together just to test the waters of moderation is unnecessary.

Seda=Aku in disguise?

Silence, foolish samurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom