• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amikami

Banned
I remember a few people suggesting Lowenthal, but I don't know. There's more fitting voices for Eren, but he wouldn't be horrible.

MikeMyers

You made the right choice!

EDIT: I only asked because I was wasting time debating to myself which team number was Kurenai's team. It's Team Eight. Team Ten is Ino-Shika-Cho. Now back to the giffing.

I put in Kurenai in youtube to see if she ever does anything, turns out her highlight is jobbing to Itachi in Part 1.

Wait, in that video....
Itachi says he is after the 4th Hokages legacy, which Kakashi responds asking about Naruto. So it was known early on that that the 4th was Narutos dad? Also, in a flashback of this video where Jiraya talks about the Akatsuki, Jiraya mentioned its Naruto's destiny to watch his back. #nejiwasright

Tamanon

Banned
I put in Kurenai in youtube to see if she ever does anything, turns out her highlight is jobbing to Itachi in Part 1.

Wait, in that video....
Itachi says he is after the 4th Hokages legacy, which Kakashi responds asking about Naruto. So it was known early on that that the 4th was Narutos dad? Also, in a flashback of this video where Jiraya talks about the Akatsuki, Jiraya mentioned its Naruto's destiny to watch his back. #nejiwasright

Honestly, it seemed that everybody knew but Naruto.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Kiba's Long Day!"

lv8QGfSl.jpg

Naruto is in the Hokage's office and has been given a mission; to watch over Akamaru. He's wondering why he got such an odd mission. While Naruto was away on his last mission a ninja infiltrated the village. Naruto had heard this but thought Kiba and his team had found the guy and took care of him. Tsunade agrees and Naruto says that Kiba is a lucky guy, he never gets cool missions like that, knocking some spy's block off. The fifth says that is not what happened, the man committed suicide with a poison capsule. Naruto is shocked and wonders why he did that. Tsunade says they don't know for sure, perhaps it was to prevent the nature of his mission from being discovered. What they did learn is that he is master of a rather unpleasant battle skill. Naruto is curious and the Hokage says that it's a form of biological warfare! They infect their enemies with a slow acting pathogen that takes over the hosts body and transforms it. Naruto wants to know what this has to do with him following Akamaru...oh. Oh no. Anyone but Akamaru. He asks her if she thinks he's got it...and she only nods and says there's a good chance he's infected.

MAhUi01l.jpg

Team Eight is out training but Akamaru isn't moving. Hinata doesn't think he looks well and Kiba agrees, saying that Akamaru isn't up for training today. They start to leave when a scuttering noise starts, Akamaru is being attacked by Shino's parasitic insects! Kiba tells him to call them off. They don't seem to listen to him until he makes a hand sign and they come off of him. Strange, they suddenly stopped listening to him. Kiba tells him to work on it before departing. Hinata asks Shino what he thinks is wrong with Akamaru but Shino is too busy thinking what would cause the insects to attack a comrade. Kiba is heading home when Akamaru makes some noises and Kiba turns...to spot Naruto in the trees. His camo index was too low, orange was a bad choice. Naruto cries out and falls to the ground. Kiba asks Naruto what he was doing and Naruto laughs nervously telling him he's working on his tree climbing jutsu which obvious needs work before hurrying back up.

fJrdaYhl.jpg

It's sunset at Kiba's house and he's talking with his sister about Akamaru. She says it doesn't look good and his chances are 50/50 at best. It's a blood pathogen and it's getting worse. He asks her if she's made a mistake but she's been a vet for years and knows what she is talking about. He apologizes knowing she wouldn't make a mistake like that. They both hear Akamaru barking in the yard and go to investigate when they found him mounted on top of a prone Naruto.

NOgamXdl.jpg

He's bit into his ass. Kiba tells him to let go as it's only Naruto but he doesn't. He's got a fierce look in his eyes and it takes a bit for him to snap out of it. Naruto complains that he thought he and Akamaru were friends. Kiba apologizes but wants to know why he was sneaking around in their front yard. Naruto can't come up with an answer but Kiba tells him to come in; it's his dog so he might as well patch you up. His sister is doing the sewing while they sit around the table. Naruto says he doesn't mind but wonders if Kiba is training Akamaru properly. Kiba...doesn't respond to this obvious joke.

QMEtemu.gif

Kiba's sister finishes, almost as good as new. Neither boy is impressed and Kiba says they look like they've just gotten out of major surgery. She says they look good to her and Kiba says he might be able to get Sakura to fix them. They show him out sometime later and Naruto says goodbye and thank you to Miss Hana. Kiba sees Akamaru and is worried.

hzHHWWhl.jpg

Next morning Naruto gives his report to Lady Tsunade, wearing the repaired pants. She's worried about both the insect attack and the attack on Naruto, both people he knows well. Shizune comes running up and says there is trouble. Blood and kunai litter one of the ninja training grounds. Lots of bodies strewn about too. Tsunade thinks there must have been a lot of them but Shizune says it was only one assailent. What, one person? No, she points to claw marks on the tree. One animal.

atNCKjNl.jpg

Kiba is looking at Akamaru's paw when his sister bursts in. He's already heard about the attack and knows Akamaru did it. The scent of blood is on him. Three ANBU show up out of nowhere and ask for the ninja hound Akamaru, producing a warrant. His sister says there is nothing he can do. They take him away in a dog carrier. Kiba is pissed.

iPcTbjBl.jpg

Kiba's sister hands him a bag as he is leaving. It's got a vaccine that she hasn't finished testing. Kiba sees Naruto bouncing towards the Hokages office. They go over the events; Akamaru attacked the shinobi so she had him detained. She had no choice but the medical corps is doing everything they can to find an antidote so he shouldn't despair...yet. If they don't find one he'll have to be put down. Kiba is talking with doctor Orochimaru at the vets office. He tells the boy that they are working hard and to come back and visit tomorrow. The bag he got from his sister moves and makes a familiar noise though. He tells him to be quiet as he leaves. Shizune is on the ball though and tells Tsunade about Kiba's treachery, who activates the special pursuit corps. Naruto tells her not to be rash and she sighs, this is tough for her too but Akamaru is a threat. Naruto is out and starts his own search. Kiba is with Akmaru in a clearing and he's turning red. He promised he'd protect Akamaru and that he'd never have to go through anything like that again while the ninja are after him. Tsunade is about to meet with the leader of the special pursuit corps and Naruto is catching up with the two. Night falls and Kiba is fording a river, doubling back his own tracks. Tsunade gives the leader a phial of serum that potentially has an antidote. It has a 50/50 chance of making him better...or making it worse. If it makes him worse, well, you know what to do. The shadowy figure takes it and disappears as the first report comes in, Kiba has lost the first pursuers. Naruto hears a large dog howl as he catches up to Kiba.

s7ZhEwml.jpg

Oh boy, what is that. It's Akamaru says kiba...as he strikes out against Naruto! Naruto claims he is here to help but Kiba knows Naruto is working for her. Never gonna happen, no one takes Akamaru away. Naruto tells him he is wasting his time, the special pursuit corps is coming to get you and they need to think of something fast. It's true, dogs are crossing the river as they speak. Kiba lunges forward as a woman and her dogs tell them to stay out of their way.

TE09wjAl.jpg

It's Kiba's sister! She's got the cure and she's going to use it. It could work, or it could make him worse but it's their only chance. Kiba says he can't do it but Naruto tells him at least he has a chance now. Naruto is ready to help and makes some shadow clones. Hana tells Kiba if he's not going to help at least stay out of the way. Naruto promises to save Akamaru and makes a bunch of Shadow Clones. Hana orders him to pin him down as her dogs sweep his legs and Naruto dog piles him. Akamaru is too strong though and the phial goes spinning, landing at Kiba's feet. She pulls a kunai and says they have no other choice, our only option is termination. Kiba tells Akamaru to stop and starts walking towards him, asking what is wrong while a montage plays. Have you forgotten his scent, you grew up together! He's not moving! He begs the real Akamaru to remember! Show me, Akamaru! Akamaru leaps in the air at him, Kiba tells him to forgive him, that he failed his promise to always protect him and says he's sorry he wasn't a better master as he reaches his hands out. He won't attack! A cloud of dust! Naruto and Hana are SHOOK!

3bhLTJQl.jpg

Back at the hospital everyone is talking over his bed. The fifth says he is lucky that Akamaru missed his vitals. Kiba wakes up and says she is wrong, Akamaru saved him by using all of his sanity to shift the attack away. They show normal sized Akamaru resting next to him, the treatment worked. Naruto says he's a good dog and the episode ends.

NEXT EPISODE: "A Legend from the Hidden Leaf: The Onbaa!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's next Dandy day, yes. The next two episodes I get to cover are memorable. Then there's a short arc with an odd team.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They fixed the same slog Johto had with its whirl islands by compressing them. I have complete faith in their remakes after how well FR/LG and HG/SS were.

I used to hate Johto with a burning passion. Now I love going through it in gen 4.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why do people want Hoenn remakes again?

I want them mostly to see if I'd still hate them since I'm no longer blinded by Gen 2 nostalgia.

However I would have absolutely no problem if they skipped right to Gen 4, which brought me back to the series after my crushing disappointment with Gen 3.

Of all the games in the entire series, Diamond and Pearl were the ones most held back by technology. Having them in an improved X/Y engine would be righteous.

MikeMyers

I kind of want to replay through Platinum but I have over 400 pokemon in my boxes. Only played it once so I want to see how it holds up

Maybe I can start a new game, and instead of saving just dont turn it off until I beat it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I want them mostly to see if I'd still hate them since I'm no longer blinded by Gen 2 nostalgia.

However I would have absolutely no problem if they skipped right to Gen 4, which brought me back to the series after my crushing disappointment with Gen 3.

Of all the games in the entire series, Diamond and Pearl were the ones most held back by technology. Having them in an improved X/Y engine would be righteous.

Gen IV with Gen VI save times. Andrex praising JPEG.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can understand the Kanto & Johto remakes, Gens I & II are separate from the rest. But Gen III is where you can start, and trade everything up to Gen VI.

I just want a game where not only do you get a new region, but every other region in the world can be visited. Not an MMO, but... something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can understand the Kanto & Johto remakes, Gens I & II are separate from the rest. But Gen III is where you can start, and trade everything up to Gen VI.

I just want a game where not only do you get a new region, but every other region in the world can be visited. Not an MMO, but... something.

Until I go back and replace them with higher stat and better egg moved versions (legendaries excluded) all of my 386 gen 1-3 pokémon are migrated up from Emerald, XD, Colosseum, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. This project took me...almost three years.

I remember calling myself in sick 3 straight days my senior year of high school just to stay home and play Diamond. I also took a week off for Halo 3.

High school was a joke.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
says the Barry lover.

"When you think of Pokemon..."

"When you think of Pokemon!"

"You think of all the awesome fans of the series."

"That's right. Especially for Gen 4!"

"However, Dr.Palutena isn't really a good fan it seems."

"I suppose you could say the series 'Dr.Plateaued' with Gen 4!"

*PUNCH*

Status