• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Man they plowed though gen 2, I guess most people stopped caring and it made it way easier to do

The fact that the twitch player base had more experience with the interface, the variety of quality of life improvements from Gen I to Gen II, Gen II having a SHITTY level/difficulty curve (thanks Kanto) and having democracy available from day 1 all helped lead to a faster completion time.

I can understand the Kanto & Johto remakes, Gens I & II are separate from the rest. But Gen III is where you can start, and trade everything up to Gen VI.

I just want a game where not only do you get a new region, but every other region in the world can be visited. Not an MMO, but... something.

Except that isn't possible with one system anymore, currently to take a gen 3 to gen 6 you need both a ds and a 3ds. If gen 3 gets a remake you can then play gen 2-6 on the 3ds. If anything they should remake gen 1 again so that every generation can be played on the 3ds

I can understand the Kanto & Johto remakes, Gens I & II are separate from the rest. But Gen III is where you can start, and trade everything up to Gen VI.

This as an argument has never been sound. for one, have you *tried* to find a legit gen 3 cart (let alone finding all 5) that works in this day and age *and* have a game boy advance *and* have a ds that has a gameboy advance slot *and* have two ds for transfering to gen 5 *and* then have a 3ds to pokemon bank and so on and so forth and I expect this to become even more complicated without new new remakes. Additionally ways existed in gen 3 to have all the pokemon before remakes were made, i.e the gamecube games, and if they had wanted to, a remake was never actually needed to continue to allow access to older pokemon.

Now what's really the *only* actual reasoning behind remakes? They are easy and good money.They don't have to model a bunch of new pokemon, they already made the engine and assets with the pre existing games of the gen, and it appeals to nostalgia.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only hard thing in that list is all five legit gen 3 carts.

They will be remade or possibly virtualized this gen or next. It's a very safe bet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember it felt like foreeeeeveeeer waiting for HG/SS to be announced. I think it was the uncertainty. No one knew if Fr/Lg were one-offs to appease the Gen 3 people needing a complete dex or would be a per-Gen (5 notwithstanding) thing. All the Johto teases in D/P/Pt didn't help either.

Wait till you figure out what racecar is backwards

tumblr_ml9j9qhjpx1s9h0qro1_4002.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember it felt like foreeeeeveeeer waiting for HG/SS to be announced. I think it was the uncertainty. No one knew if Fr/Lg were one-offs to appease the Gen 3 people needing a complete dex or would be a per-Gen (5 notwithstanding) thing. All the Johto teases in D/P/Pt didn't help either.

All the teases (plus revealing Johto as a possible region pokémon could come from via Action Replay) told everyone that it was at least planned, though with the sales of FR/LG most were certain it would happen.

The improvements in level up moves alone is enough to get me excited about gen 3 remakes. Not to mention the notion of street pass secret bases. Plus gen 3 has some great music that could only be improved via that remake magic. I also hope beyond hope that they remix the emerald battle frontier and put that shit in. It's a great skill challenge there.

Considering X/Y has a dude teasing you going to
a new region you'll see in due time, that *isn't* any existing region now
that kinda threw me off both knowing what the 3rd version may be or even if/when we'd get a remake. Also for all the haters , the surf speed in X/Y is phenomenal which i feel is odd considering you use surf like once in the game and even then there isn't much surf exploration to be had period.

789shadow

Banned
Considering X/Y has a dude teasing you going to
a new region you'll see in due time, that *isn't* any existing region now
that kinda threw me off both knowing what the 3rd version may be or even if/when we'd get a remake. Also for all the haters , the surf speed in X/Y is phenomenal which i feel is odd considering you use surf like once in the game and even then there isn't much surf exploration to be had period.
Kalos doesn't even have a water ROUTE. You could beat the main story and never even encounter the one water area in the game.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees argument against starting at Gen III* Good points...
There's so many fake GBA cartridges out there now, it's really gross.
And yeah, I forgot you need a DS Phat or Lite in order to transfer from the GBA games.

Still, rather than a remake, it'd be cool if a future game has you revisit old regions.

Kalos doesn't even have a water ROUTE. You could beat the main story and never even encounter the one water area in the game.

The surf use is kinda random , arbitrary and kind takes you aback and
they even *give* you a Lapras to use if you don't have a pokemon who knows surf at that very time
. it was like "what, why even do this?"

edit: I'm so glad I still have my 5 gba carts, even if I think the battery for the clocks or what have you died and now I can't do berry stuff.

*sees argument against starting at Gen III* Good points...
There's so many fake GBA cartridges out there now, it's really gross.
And yeah, I forgot you need a DS Phat or Lite in order to transfer from the GBA games.

Still, rather than a remake, it'd be cool if a future game has you revisit old regions.

Just make that pokemon mmo already
then have us all get sucked into it log horizon style

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gen V did the same thing until the remakes.

Hell one of the strong points in Black White not present in B2/W2 was HM moves for optional stuff only. There's one mandatory cut, that's it.

Gen IV also had only two very short surfing sections before the end game in a definite nod to people sick of Hoenn's endless water routes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I bought used Golden Sun carts and FFVa off of Amazon last December.

Turned out totally fine.

Yay.

You got lucky with FFVa. I know someone who went through four fakes before getting a real one.

Golden Sun isn't too commonly pirated.

I bought used Golden Sun carts and FFVa off of Amazon last December.

Turned out totally fine.

Yay.

Probably the safest way to go honestly, if the carts are bogus you 1/5 them and 90% of the time they refund you if you remove the bad rating. I got both Etrian Odyssey 1 and SSF4 3D this way both because I was genuinely upset (EO guy said US version and I got pal version, SSF4 guy said new but was clearly used and had been reshrink wrapped and all the instructions were missing).

Crocodile

Every week that goes by without Jojo's on Toonami my desire to kick a puppy increases
Well not really but talk about the perfect show for the block :(

"When you think of Pokemon..."

"When you think of Pokemon!"

"You think of all the awesome fans of the series."

"That's right. Especially for Gen 4!"

"However, Dr.Palutena isn't really a good fan it seems."

"I suppose you could say the series 'Dr.Plateaued' with Gen 4!"

*PUNCH*

Didn't see this, I actually like all gens and wasn't even aware of some of the supposed problems of gen 3 *or* for before going onto the internet and communities. But you forced my hand you meanie!

One can say I didn't care but because of you gen 4 is now Andrek .

*PUNCH*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Black Lagoon is so good in English. I don't know if I stressed this enough back when I predicted it would be a good show for TOONAMI (in fact I believe I said something along the lines of the perfect Adult Swim Action show) or in the weeks after but this dub is something special. I don't want to overhype it though but I'm glad the day is finally here.

MikeMyers

I just found out Aaron McGrudar wasn't involved with the production of The Boondocks Season. This better be good, or Riley will piss on the writers cats.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Didn't see this, I actually like all gens and wasn't even aware of some of the supposed problems of gen 3 *or* for before going onto the internet and communities. But you forced my hand you meanie!

One can say I didn't care but because of you gen 4 is now Andrek .

*PUNCH*

I couldn't understand this post at all.

Then again, I am somewhat intoxicated.

Seda

I just found out Aaron McGrudar wasn't involved with the production of The Boondocks Season. This better be good, or Riley will piss on the writers cats.

Yep, here's the PR released this last week.

The Boondocks Returns to Adult Swim for Fourth and Final Season

Season 4 of Award-Winning Animated Series to Premiere April 21, 2014

The Boondocks, the award-winning animated series returns for its final season on Monday, April 21 at 10:30p.m (ET/PT) on Adult Swim. The Boondocks is produced by Sony Pictures Television. This season was produced without the involvement of Aaron McGruder, when a mutually agreeable production schedule could not be determined.

In The Boondocks, Robert “Granddad” Freeman (John Witherspoon, Friday After Next) is the cantankerous legal guardian of his rambunctious grandkids Huey and Riley (Regina King-Southland and Ray) and has moved them from the south side of Chicago to the quiet and safety of “The Boondocks” (in this case, suburban Woodcrest), hoping that he can ignore them altogether and enjoy the golden years of his life in peace. But Huey, a 10-year-old left wing revolutionary, is determined not to enjoy the affluence of suburbia. This attitude is seconded by his 8-year-old brother, Riley, a proud product of contemporary rap culture. Although they torture each other and provoke the neighborhood, they are no match for Granddad, who is eccentric even by “crazy-ass-old-black-man” standards. Gary Anthony Williams (Boston Legal) as Uncle Ruckus, Gabby Soleil (Johnson Family Vacation) as Jazmine Dubois and Jill Talley (Camp Lazlo) as Sarah Dubois round out the cast, with Cedric Yarbrough (Reno 911!) returning as the voice of fan favorite Colonel H. Stinkmeaner in addition to Tom Dubois.

The new season finds Huey, Riley and Granddad encountering a roster of characters, both new and familiar, in uproarious situations, including Granddad’s dating a long lost Kardashian sister; their friend Tom DuBois acting as R&B bad boy “Pretty Boy Flizzy’s” lawyer in exchange for relationship advice; Granddad’s love affair with Siri on his new iPhone; and the Freemans’ foray into the lethal black market of the hair-care industry à la “Breaking Bad.” Throughout the final season, an eclectic mix of hip-hop artists, actors, comedians and media personalities will voice guest characters on the series, including Jenifer Lewis (Think Like a Man), Dennis Haysbert (24), Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Ghostface Killah, CeeLo, Lil Wayne, Donald Faison (Scrubs), Aisha Tyler (Balls of Fury), Kym Whitley (Reno 911!), Tichina Arnold (Everybody Hates Chris), Mo’Nique (The Parkers), Marion Ross (Happy Days), Tavis Smiley, Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Bill Duke (X-Men: The Last Stand), and Cedric the Entertainer (Talk to Me). Reprising their guest roles from last season are Xzibit, Charlie Murphy, MTV’s Sway and Katt Williams, among others.

Since the debut of the first season in 2005, The Boondocks has been one of Adult Swim’s most popular original series. In 2007, the provocative series was recognized with the prestigious Peabody Award for the episode titled, “Return of the King,” in which Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. awakens from a coma and reacts to contemporary phenomena from gangsta rap to the war on terror. In 2005, the series was nominated for a NAACP Image Award in the category of “Outstanding Comedy Series.

Sony Pictures Television ....
Adult Swim....
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Black Lagoon is so good in English. I don't know if I stressed this enough back when I predicted it would be a good show for TOONAMI (in fact I believe I said something along the lines of the perfect Adult Swim Action show) or in the weeks after but this dub is something special. I don't want to overhype it though but I'm glad the day is finally here.

I'm ready for it, there were so many chances of me watching black lagoon but I'm glad I held out this long

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here is the official trailer for jojo part 3 incase toonamigaf is interested for whatever reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoQ8hARdG78
tumblr_inline_n2tjsto7bW1r53rlu.gif

synchronized posing, posing has only gotten stronger.
2 MORE WEEEKKKSSSSS!!

I'm gonna today to hopefully motivate myself to do some studying after some java programming & as a reward, watch the Fist of the North Star movie. Seems like the best thing to watch to get rid of stress at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom