• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
First episode of Final Act covers 12 Chapters.

Imagine Bleach at that pacing.

That's almost enough time for one character to finish explaining his power
Y8reiVX.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I guess I would find this more heartening if Usopp hadn't pushed you know all of his friends and allies away for that ship.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just checked & going by the original manga, they got the ship in 1998 & this arc happened in 2004, meaning the ship's been around for about 6 years. Dang.

& YES STRIDER.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Usopp hate disappoints me...

He redeems himself

It really does. Sure he's stubborn, but he's got a reason.

So he quit the straw hats and got in a fight with the captain because...

Because he felt the only use he was to the crew was in keeping the ship in working order. When he couldn't do that anymore he was faced with his own uselessness. It's not easy to come to terms with something like that.

It's a metaphor for himself. He thinks the only use he has is keeping that ship going, so now that he can't he has to come to terms with his own uselessness.

This

Usopp's childhood friend gave the crew the ship, and he joined with her. Up till this point he's always been the one "fixing" her and keeping her afloat. This whole arc is about Usopp confronting his weakness and perceived uselessness. He felt his one job was keeping the Merry going, and now that she's "going to die" and they're "going to get a new boat" to Usopp that's like telling him the one thing he does is useless and it's "his fault" the ship is going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom