• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

SzYQhyn.jpg

Takashi

Beautiful theme to a great little epilogue. Had a huge smile on my face the whole time.

This finale has pretty much cemented GL as one of my favorites of all time. What an amazing series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the epilogue is great. The movie expands on the entire ending, including the epilogue.
Yup, again, not only does the 2nd movie top some of the fights, the ending is better. Do yourself a favor & watch it, even if it's subbed only.

I also just realized something. I've never seen that version of the final battle before. Somehow when I watched it years ago I watched all of the normal episodes but saw a different (and to be honest much doper) final battle.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
well that was a GREAT DAMNED ANIME

good stuff, really great

This is my one thing.

He shouldnt even have aged, he surpassed the timeless beings.

that's the way of spiral beings, man

you turn, you move forward, you make way for those behind you

Puruzi

Banned
I also just realized something. I've never seen that version of the final battle before. Somehow when I watched it years ago I watched all of the normal episodes but saw a different (and to be honest much doper) final battle.
you saw the movie version, which is the most incredible thing ever

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You know what, sort of forgotten where we are in One Piece but fear not the 6 minute recap shall cure that forthwith.

Alfebit

Banned
The entire episode played in my head as I read all of your reactions. Such an amazing show and my personal favorite anime of all time. Later, buddy.

ckohler

That's not what happened at all. Simon didn't become a god.

True but halting aging has been shown to be feasible with Spiral Power. Lord Genome was over a 1000 years old. Also, he gave Viral immortality.

However, the reason is likely because he didn't want to use spiral power anymore. It could lead the the Spiral Nemesis. So, that's why he went into seclusion. To prevent temptation.

Crayolan

Hope you all enjoyed TTGL. It has its ups and downs, but in the end the highs are so goddamn high I can't help but absolutely love it. One of my favorite anime of all time.

That did happen. Last episode in fact. It just wasn't 1:1 with the cold opening.
Not really. Boota was never humanoid except in #26.

Not that it matters, alternate universes + them not being totally sure how they were going to do the end battles when they plotted out the opening scene. But I don't care! I don't care if the chance of it happening is almost 0, that's the same as 100% to me...

The first time I watched Gurren Lagann, it was during KLK's original airing, and I figured since it was getting compared to GL left and right, it was high time I watched the thing.

So, I do, and it's a great ride - but during the finale, as they are tossing galaxies around, a thought popped in my head: "Remember when this show was at ground level?" And at that point, I couldn't quite shake that feeling, and it kind of put a damper on it. Nia's ending also may have put me slightly off whether or not I put GL in that lofty level of certain anime.

However, on the second viewing, when you know the reverse Russian doll concept going in - whoo boy, it makes those story beats work that much better.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is: if you liked GL the first time, you'll love it the second.

Crocodile

True but halting aging has been shown to be feasible with Spiral Power. Lord Genome was over a 1000 years old. Also, he gave Viral immortality.

However, the reason is likely because he didn't want to use spiral power anymore. It could lead the the Spiral Nemesis. So, that's why he went into seclusion. To prevent temptation.

That was with genetic engineering, nothing to do with the Spiral. I wouldn't be surprised if the King's own physique is related to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom