• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

Because werewolves were in MJ's Thriller music video. Werewolves are like dogs. Dogs bark. Bark rhymes with park.

There's also a reference to disembarking.

It's a really clever name imo

Embark and disembark mean to get on/off of a ship because the "bark" part is an old word for ship. It's basically Thriller Ship, but the Bark makes it sound spookier cuz werewolves.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Embark and disembark mean to get on/off of a ship because the "bark" part is an old word for ship. It's basically Thriller Ship, but the Bark makes it sound spookier cuz werewolves.
Yeah but you had already mentioned that one so I wanted to bring up the other potential references! I think it's a multiple level reference.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Guys, we're totally justifying the designs of the outfits, it's because they HAVE to show skin in order to stay in control!"

I liked this arc a lot when I first watched it. Let's see how it ends up with a weekly format.

It's fucking fantastic in the manga. I don't remember how it was in the anime though. I hope Toei did it justice because re-reading it in the manga does wonders for a lot of the arcs I saw in the anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maaaaaan, on a rewatch, this episode is just.....eeehhhhhh not good. Possibly the worst of Ryuko being all edgy.

RagnarokX

Yeah but you had already mentioned that one so I wanted to bring up the other potential references! I think it's a multiple level reference.

Of course. It'd be pretty weird for Oda to use such an outdated and disused word without another purpose. It is possible he was just bored and pulled out a thesaurus, I suppose. Hmmm, I just checked thesaurus.com and it does show up on the list: http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/boat?s=t

VariantX

Well, anime only guys get fucked with that shippuden review. That's what happens when you see fit to insert a filler arc everywhere you possibly can.

I understand not being able to teleport out of a trap room, but is there any reason they can't teleport out of a damn hole that's not even a dungeon?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have to leave now.

My planet needs me.

.....I heard of some thunder god on the moon, I wish for him to wear my clothing as well.

Seda

Well, anime only guys get fucked with that shippuden review. That's what happens when you see fit to insert a filler arc everywhere you possibly can.

Here's my take, and I've only seen part way through the Pain arc. I don't know anything past that.

There are some characters I don't recognize. They are probably villains I guess, I dunno. Naruto seems to eventually gain an ability to 'wield' his nine-tails cloak or whatever. This is totally expected. I think I saw Tsunade in a fight. She does something??? (or was it just a free play mode)

That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom